the shock of my life

Options
Hello and happy new year.

I am not one for standing in from of the camera, but when I was emailed a photo taken last christmas and another taken yesterday by a friend I was angry at first, how dare he keep a photo of fat me.

I didn't want to look at it, it was difficult and embarrassing!

Then in the quiet light of day I sat down and flicked between the two, I couldn't see myself in fat photo, I had only seen myself in the mirror, but my brain hadn't computed what 100 or so pounds looks like. I had still seen myself as overweight. The fat photo now sits on my refrigerator.

The weight reduction has taken place since April 2010. It's like being 21 again. :smile: I ave been a regular on here reading and learning. Thanks for the journey.

Before fat.jpg

After thin.jpg

Replies

• Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    This is incredible! ;) I love love love the beach shot. What a great success!
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    PS - You look like an entirely different person!
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Simply Amazing........Congrats and Happy New Year!
  • poeticpurl
    poeticpurl Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Great job. Wow
  • Tink1o5
    Tink1o5 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    That is so amazing and inspiring. This Post gives me the strength to know i can do it. =) thank you so much for sharing. And congrats to you. :flowerforyou:
  • TaraMaria
    TaraMaria Posts: 1,975
    Options
    HOLY CRAPOLA! You look amazing!!!!
  • june_warner
    june_warner Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Great job! What a great transformation!!!
  • dancer77
    dancer77 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    that is an amazing transformation!
  • taulbeesd
    taulbeesd Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    GREAT JOB!!!:love:
  • Dhathri
    Dhathri Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Looks much younger and completely new person.:)
  • husstler
    husstler Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look amazing. You owe your friend at least a glass of wine for keeping that photo and sending it to you as a reminder of what you have achieved!
  • 1CALIJIBARO2
    Options
    a TOTALY NEW YOU............How great is that.....I commend you on a job well done....CONGRATS MY FRIEND..............INSPIRATIONAL TO US ALL....................
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    *jaw drop* :noway:

HOT!! You have definitely reaped the rewards of your hard work!

Congratulations!

Dani
  • preachawoman
    preachawoman Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You look great . Happy for you . Blessings for a great new year!
  • CarolHudson11
    Options
    Wow! Just.......WOW!!! You look amazing........and what a good friend you have! :drinker:
  • IamRoJ
    IamRoJ Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing this...so inspiring and makes me hope I can do the same a year from now! You look Mee-Ow fabulous...congratulations!!!
  • Roobean33
    Options
    I actually said WOW out loud. You look YEARS younger. Sadly, your fat picture is what "normal" is these days. Way to set yourself apart!
  • 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Wow! Amazing seems so trivial. Good for you - all that hard work sure paid off!
  • rekcorydob
    Options
    Wow! Va Va Voom!
  • helloiloveukitty
    helloiloveukitty Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    jaw dropping. you look so awesome. you must be soooo proud of yourself, amazing change!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!