people who spend 2hrs/per day working out

Options

Replies

• Commander_Keen
    Commander_Keen Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    ok, so i am a little curious, how do you make time to workout for 2hrs plus, when you have other committments like sch, work, kids etc, i love to workout but i am able to go beyond 1.5hrs only because my mom is with me taking care of my lil ones whiles i workout/go to work.i am thinking of how to continue when she leaves in abut 45days.
    please share how you do it.:happy:
    So I do between 80 - 90 min a day.
    but you can do 10 - 20 min in the morning before family gets up.
    then continue after the last person goes to bed.
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,661 Member
    Options
    try shorter more intense workouts

might end up perfering it, perhaps see the same or better results

you never know unless you try

i understand you like to work out, but if you don't have the time you don't have the time.
  • dudehitscar
    dudehitscar Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    jillian michaels ripped in 30. 30 mins and it's intense. If you control your diet you will do just fine by being consistent with this dvd for 30 mins a day and then finding some additional active time when you get a chance (weekends).
  • dmacca666
    dmacca666 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    No kids, girlfriend or social life....

Yay......

I do love the gym and pool though. :smile:
  • thegilly6
    thegilly6 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    30 min. strength

30 min. cardio
  • jspicher81
    jspicher81 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Get up a little earlier in the mornings and workout before you get ready for work. This has an amazingly positive effect on your mood, and boosts your metabolism for the day.

I have *never* been a morning person... all my life it was wake up, brush my teeth and hair and rush out the door. But after l started working out and found it so difficult and unmotivating to come home after a long day of work and get excited about working out l decided to try doing it early in the morning. I started with only getting up early one day a week for working out... then slowly increased it to every day. And as l got more into it, and made more of a habit of it, l started getting up earlier and earlier to accommodate plenty of time for my workout, and getting ready for work.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options
    Let's see, I can sit on my butt and watch Netflix or walk and watch Netflix.

You don't have to exercise 2+ hours a day. I do it because I'd rather be moving around and I get hangry on 1600 a day. Isn't 30 minutes the general recommendation?
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    ok, so i am a little curious, how do you make time to workout for 2hrs plus, when you have other committments like sch, work, kids etc, i love to workout but i am able to go beyond 1.5hrs only because my mom is with me taking care of my lil ones whiles i workout/go to work.i am thinking of how to continue when she leaves in abut 45days.
    please share how you do it.:happy:

You either have to choose kids or working out. That's why I didn't have kids. Because I want to be able to work out for 3 hours/day. I would either look for a babysitter or a dog who is really good with kids. The herding types seem to work best...... Good luck

Negative....There is an App for that.

You think a different type of dog is better? I know you aren't insinuating a cat can watch your kids while you work out.....
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    I do it by getting up at 3:30 in the morning to get to the gym and back before my husband leaves for work so the baby isn't left alone.

I want it bad enough, so I make concessions and do whatever it takes to make it happen. Not easy, but simple.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    No one needs two hours. It's nice to have the time, but you can get a really hard-core kick *kitten* workout in 45 mins. I grew up with the understanding that anything over 45 mins and your just screwing around. I never knew that people spent so much time until I got older. My coaches in school used to drill the element of time into me. Then, later, I read Arnold's book, and he said the same thing...anything over 45 mins and you're not working hard enough.

So, while some people make the time to do that, it is not necessary. You can get an amazing workout in less than an hour.

So, don't worry about what other people do.

Not everyone's goal is the same. OP didn't state what her goals are.
    I'm not going to finish a half Ironman without a lot 2 hours or more days. When prepping for a figure competition I had a lot of 2 hour or more days. A marathon runner needs more than two hours at least once a week (even someone running a half is probably going to do a 2 hour long run at least).

Yes, if you are just looking to get fit and drop some weight, 2 hours a day is not necessary. But if you have specific goals, it might be.
  • xilka
    xilka Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Exercise WITH your kids.
    Turn the music on and jump around for cardio.
    Get on the floor and do some airplanes and other "lifting" exercises with them.
    Pick them up by their feet, do push-ups with them on your back...
    2 in 1 - quality time with your kids and an awesome workout.
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    I go to the Y because they have a childcare room with a 2 hour limit. 75-90 minutes of working out and 30-45 minutes of sitting in a chair zoning until I have to pick my kids up.
  • OmahaDad
    OmahaDad Posts: 7
    Options
    I work out between 5-7am. I get up at 4:20 every day. I have three kids and take them to school everyday by 7:45. Sometimes this allows me to get a third bonus workout over lunch or in the afternoon/evening!
  • bellaa_x0
    bellaa_x0 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    i wake up at 5 AM to do my 1 hour of fasted cardio before going into work and then get my lift in in the evening once i'm out of work. do i like waking up at 5 AM? not exactly - but as other posters previously mentioned, if you want it that badly you will find a way to get it done.
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options
    I spend 30-50 minutes strength training 3-4 times a week, and do some cardio by way of walking, jogging or yard work, and that's about it...

I can't imagine going at it for two hours every day. My kids are grown and gone, I only have one job, and still can't imagine putting that kind of time in.

ETA: Of course, my goals are also pretty low key...I simply want to look good naked, and be able to lift heavy stuff around the house/yard, etc. I don't plan on really ever running more than a 5 or 10K, soooo... I initially took the OP's question maybe a little out of context...in that maybe she feels like she has to do two hours without a specific goal in mind. My bad...:embarassed:
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    I do it by getting up at 3:30 in the morning to get to the gym and back before my husband leaves for work so the baby isn't left alone.

I want it bad enough, so I make concessions and do whatever it takes to make it happen. Not easy, but simple.

What do you do for work?
  • laurenawolf
    laurenawolf Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Workout with the kids! Walk to the park together, go biking together, do zumba in the living room!
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    I spend 30-50 minutes strength training 3-4 times a week, and do some cardio by way of walking, jogging or yard work, and that's about it...

I can't imagine going at it for two hours every day. My kids are grown and gone, I only have one job, and still can't imagine putting that kind of time in.

ETA: Of course, my goals are also pretty low key...I simply want to look good naked, and be able to lift heavy stuff around the house/yard, etc. I don't plan on really ever running more than a 5 or 10K, soooo... I initially took the OP's question maybe a little out of context...in that maybe she feels like she has to do two hours without a specific goal in mind. My bad...:embarassed:

lol you sound like me, except my kid is still teething.
  • hbwright74
    hbwright74 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    How old are your kids? You can find a gym with child care, mine is affordable, only 20.00 a month with child care included. Or, sign the kids up for something like martial arts. My daughter teaches 3 days a week and I started off going to the gym just while she was there. It is a half hour to her location so too far to come home and pick her up so just decided that going to the gym was better use of my time instead of reading or snacking, or both. Since then I added 3 more days to the week where I go for no other reason than me. So, what started off just something to kill time, turned out to be something so much more.