I hate eating healthy with a passion

Options

Replies

• Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    its what goes on in the kitchen thats the problem.

Food scale. <
    Not even kidding. It helps. I suggest one that zeroes out and has different units of measurement.
    Pre-log the meals.
    Make recipes with the tools MFP provides.
    Experiment with different foods and find out which keep you fuller the longest.
    Try to drink 1 glass of ice cold water before each meal and 1 more after.
  • Sinisterly
    Options
    As long as you fit your macros, it doesn't matter what you eat.

I tried quitting coffee recently.. NOPE! My body won't have anything to do without it!
    It's the same with food. I still have my junk, I just make sure it fits my macros.

Make it fit your macros, you'll be set.

Pre-log your food if you have to. No need to torture yourself.
    Try to put in healthy meals here and there, but if you can't, you simply can't. As long as you maintain a healthy deficit, the pounds will come off.

Uhm, no. Make sure it fits in your CALORIES. Sure, you want to be as close to your macros as possible but you won't be "fine" if thats all you worry about

Uhm, yes. The person you are falsely correcting made it very clear a healthy deficit was needed. Maybe before you condescendingly correct someone you might want to make sure they were actually wrong first. Just a thought :flowerforyou:

P.S. Nobody messes with my sister! :happy:
    -hug hug hug hug-
    Haiii :flowerforyou:

Sometimes people don't know the meaning of things, but that's okay. They'll get used to the wording eventually lol.
  • archaichoney
    archaichoney Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Weakness.

...srs?

Surprisingly, putting some people down doesn't make them stronger. Go figure.

Yep. Either to do or you do not. I had an addiction to sugar and junk food and I kicked it. It's a matter of will. To point out that someone is weak in some aspect isn't putting them down.

OP, try reading Burn the Fat Feed the Muscle.
  • 4aces61
    4aces61 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I really hate healthy eating. Most people tell me just to substitute the junk with a healthier version. Believe me I have tried. I just am too addicted to burger king, fast food, chips, candy etc. As a kid my mother never told me no to food. Never said "1 slice of cake is enough" I could be eating 5 bags of chips in front of her and she would not say a thing. I think I have fallen in too deep to get back out. Food is literally a drug for me. What should I do? Its a sickness
    Honestly, the first thing you need to do is change your attitude towards the healthy lifestyle. Otherwise you'll never succeed. Maybe a lil about yourself would be helpful. Age, how much weight you want to lose.

alright, im 20 years old (just turned 20 a month ago) I am 154 pounds and im 5"4. I wanna be around 115 pounds. I can exercise without a problem, I love making workout plans for myself, its what goes on in the kitchen thats the problem.
    You are the only one in control of what you do. It's all about choices. Have you started any kind of exercise program? If so, what? There is also plenty of healthy food that is tasty. Is there anyone you know who can help, support you? That is always a good tool to have in your corner.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    I really hate healthy eating. Most people tell me just to substitute the junk with a healthier version. Believe me I have tried. I just am too addicted to burger king, fast food, chips, candy etc. As a kid my mother never told me no to food. Never said "1 slice of cake is enough" I could be eating 5 bags of chips in front of her and she would not say a thing. I think I have fallen in too deep to get back out. Food is literally a drug for me. What should I do? Its a sickness

I really don't get these posts, you eat too much rubbish, you know you eat too much rubbish, you claim you are addicted to this junk food and cannot stop, what do you expect from a poster? a magical potion? i would love to eat pizza everyday but i don't, it's your choice, breaking habits is hard but no one on here can make it any easier, take responsibilty for your own life it ain't our job, that or pay a guy a fortune and you can blame your parents or society while munching on a muffin

Well this seems rather counterproductive, but okay.
  • Sinisterly
    Options
    Weakness.

...srs?

Surprisingly, putting some people down doesn't make them stronger. Go figure.

Yep. Either to do or you do not. I had an addiction to sugar and junk food and I kicked it. It's a matter of will. To point out that someone is weak in some aspect isn't putting them down.

OP, try reading Burn the Fat Feed the Muscle.
    The way that it was worded, it appeared to be the intent. Could have taken a few seconds to tell them to be stronger. Seemed rather snide for someone seeking help on a forum that is meant to be helpful, is all.
    But if you say it wasn't meant to be, then it wasn't meant to be, fine.

Trust me, I'm all for bluntness as I am blunt and that's not about to change anytime soon, possibly not ever. Being tactful with the bluntness with people that need a little push never hurt. Never know what someone is going through, you know :indifferent:

ANYWAY...
    Yes, it does come from within, but only person that can decide when that happens is you, original poster.
    As Myhaloslipped said already, do it gradually. There are other helpful tips on here that you can follow to help you along, but as I also said.. Do not torture yourself if you cannot. Cities aren't built overnight. Consider your body a city. Put in calories and put them out, within a healthy deficit that will not ruin your body and fit your macros, you're on your way.

Good luck!
  • titanium17
    Options

I really don't get these posts, you eat too much rubbish, you know you eat too much rubbish, you claim you are addicted to this junk food and cannot stop, what do you expect from a poster? a magical potion? i would love to eat pizza everyday but i don't, it's your choice, breaking habits is hard but no one on here can make it any easier, take responsibilty for your own life it ain't our job, that or pay a guy a fortune and you can blame your parents or society while munching on a muffin

if your going to put me down, please do not reply. I get maybe you feel like im being whiny but I was asking for support not something that makes me feel bad.
  • MBrothers22
    MBrothers22 Posts: 323 Member
    Options

I tried quitting coffee recently.. NOPE! My body won't have anything to do without it!
    It's the same with food. I still have my junk, I just make sure it fits my macros.

Try to put in healthy meals here and there, but if you can't, you simply can't. As long as you maintain a healthy deficit, the pounds will come off.

Uhm, no. Make sure it fits in your CALORIES. Sure, you want to be as close to your macros as possible but you won't be "fine" if thats all you worry about

RE-READ, calories = deficit.
    You should know this by now, or at least I hope you do.

You said as long as you hit your macros, it doesn't matter what you eat.

That is false.
  • Sinisterly
    Options

That is false.
    Scroll down. Read the entire thing. Guess you missed the healthy deficit part YET AGAIN. Good job.

Have a great day, dude.
  • MBrothers22
    Options

That is false.
    Scroll down. Read the entire thing. Guess you missed the healthy deficit part YET AGAIN. Good job.

Have a great day, dude.

Nope I saw it. Doesn't change that the majority of your post is wrong information which is what I was correcting.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Options

That is false.

She also said maintain a healthy deficit, which means controlling your calorie intake. If you read the entire reply, she clearly said to meet macros and maintain a healthy deficit.
  • Sinisterly
    Options

That is false.

Have a great day, dude.

Nope I saw it. Doesn't change that the majority of your post is wrong information which is what I was correcting.
    You've corrected nothing as there was nothing "wrong" with my post.
    Quit trying to pick a fight behind the safety of your computer screen. It's lame, k? K.
    Goodbye! :flowerforyou:
  • MBrothers22
    Options

That is false.

Have a great day, dude.

Quit trying to pick a fight behind the safety of your computer screen. It's lame, k? K.

What on earth is wrong with you? You said two false statements, which I corrected, and now I'm the one picking a fight? Behind the safety of my computer screen? Are you really trying to be a tough guy on MFP? That's pathetic. You made false statements. Deal with it.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

That is false.

Have a great day, dude.

What on earth is wrong with you? You said two false statements, which I corrected, and now I'm the one picking a fight? Behind the safety of my computer screen? Are you really trying to be a tough guy on MFP? That's pathetic. You made false statements. Deal with it.

I'm confused-- which statements were the false ones?

For the macros thing-- since each gram of protein, fat, or carbs has an associated number of calories, hitting one's macros does mean hitting one's calorie goal.

eta: assuming one sets macros by grams instead of by percentages. That would be a different matter.
  • tdh1991
    tdh1991 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    There is a saying in my family " pay now or pay later". Your dietary choices today will determine your health when you are older.
  • 4aces61
    Options
    Instead of arguing, expend your energy on helping the OP. Just agree to disagree and leave it at that.
  • 4aces61
    Options
    There is a saying in my family " pay now or pay later". Your dietary choices today will determine your health when you are older.
    So true!!! Not only when it comes to diet either. Pretty much all facets of life.
  • scrapjen
    scrapjen Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    For me, it's not so much that I HATE healthy eating, I'm just really picky, I just can't make myself eat things I don't think I'll like ... and that is a ton of healthy stuff (it's actually a lot of unhealthy stuff too). It really is a struggle, but I do just try to do my best at eating what is healthier. I don't eliminate anything. I still eat a lot of junk food, but I track everything and exercise a lot. I know I'd have much better/faster success if I ate better, and that I would be healthier. I just don't know if I could be happy without cookies and ice cream ...
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options

That is false.

Have a great day, dude.

For the macros thing-- since each gram of protein, fat, or carbs has an associated number of calories, hitting one's macros does mean hitting one's calorie goal.

eta: assuming one sets macros by grams instead of by percentages. That would be a different matter.

Count me in the confused group. I understood the macros part and caught the "As long as you maintain a healthy deficit, the pounds will come off." part.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Options

That is false.

Have a great day, dude.

Count me in the confused group. I understood the macros part and caught the "As long as you maintain a healthy deficit, the pounds will come off." part.

Exactly. It made perfect sense. I am not understanding how her statement could possibly be considered false either.