I hate eating healthy with a passion

Options

Replies

• ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    As long as you fit your macros, it doesn't matter what you eat.

I tried quitting coffee recently.. NOPE! My body won't have anything to do without it!
    It's the same with food. I still have my junk, I just make sure it fits my macros.

Make it fit your macros, you'll be set.

Pre-log your food if you have to. No need to torture yourself.
    Try to put in healthy meals here and there, but if you can't, you simply can't. As long as you maintain a healthy deficit, the pounds will come off.

Uhm, no. Make sure it fits in your CALORIES. Sure, you want to be as close to your macros as possible but you won't be "fine" if thats all you worry about

RE-READ, calories = deficit.
    You should know this by now, or at least I hope you do.

You said as long as you hit your macros, it doesn't matter what you eat.

That is false.
    Scroll down. Read the entire thing. Guess you missed the healthy deficit part YET AGAIN. Good job.

Have a great day, dude.

Nope I saw it. Doesn't change that the majority of your post is wrong information which is what I was correcting.
    You've corrected nothing as there was nothing "wrong" with my post.
    Quit trying to pick a fight behind the safety of your computer screen. It's lame, k? K.
    Goodbye! :flowerforyou:

What on earth is wrong with you? You said two false statements, which I corrected, and now I'm the one picking a fight? Behind the safety of my computer screen? Are you really trying to be a tough guy on MFP? That's pathetic. You made false statements. Deal with it.

I'm confused-- which statements were the false ones?

For the macros thing-- since each gram of protein, fat, or carbs has an associated number of calories, hitting one's macros does mean hitting one's calorie goal.

eta: assuming one sets macros by grams instead of by percentages. That would be a different matter.

Have you ever hit all 3 macros perfectly down to the gram? Highly doubtful.

And for about the 4th time. You can't eat whatever you want as long as you "fit" it in your macros and be set. Had you said, if you hit all your macros perfectly to the gram, you can eat whatever, then sure you'd be right. But you didn't.

And it's completely unrealistic to think that most people can hit their macros exactly everyday.

First, it wasn't my statement. If I were wording it I would have said the part about the deficit first.

Second, everything surrounding calories is based on estimates. You're never going to be 100% accurate even if you do hit your macros down to the gram. Food labels are allowed to be off by 20%. TDEE calculations are just estimates. Fresh fruits/veggies will vary slightly in calorie count based on ripeness and other factors. And that's not even going into lgging accuracy problems. Personally I aim for within 5 grams of my macro targets. Because I understand that none of this is exact.

Finally, you're still forgetting she added the part about having a healthy deficit at the end of her statement. It's like you didn't read everything she wrote but went ahead and corrected her, and now you won't admit that she did say what you're saying she should have said.
  • Eleonora91
    Eleonora91 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I really hate healthy eating. Most people tell me just to substitute the junk with a healthier version. Believe me I have tried. I just am too addicted to burger king, fast food, chips, candy etc. As a kid my mother never told me no to food. Never said "1 slice of cake is enough" I could be eating 5 bags of chips in front of her and she would not say a thing. I think I have fallen in too deep to get back out. Food is literally a drug for me. What should I do? Its a sickness

When I was at my heaviest weight I felt like there was no need to start a diet even if I was fat, because I really really loved eating and I didn't want to give up on junk, high calories foods. Appreciating what you eat is surely one of the biggest pleasures in life, and I think most overweight people can relate to what you say. I used to love certain foods, and I used to eat them in big quantities, because in that very moment it made me feel good. You can deal with being overweight for a certain time, so you don't bother about quitting those habits. But I think all of us reach that point in which we cannot deal with it any longer - may it be because of health problems, or because we just want to feel and look better. I personally think that you're not still at that breaking point, because I've been in the same position before. I still love eating unhealthy, high calories foods, but I try to limit myself over them, and even though there's no way I'm still eating like I used to, I also managed to lose almost 20 kgs. I am finally bringing some of those foods back into my diet and I can tell you it still works. With a little planning and effort, you'll still be able to eat certain foods while losing weight, and it's still going to work. The only thing that pushed me over the edge and made me realize that I needed to stop eating certain things all the time was that I knew and I felt it wasn't doing me any favour. I was hurting myself from within even if the hurt was hidden under flavoury sweet foods.
    If you want to learn what to eat and how to eat it I guess it's better to work on your plans with a nutritionist, but you're the one who's got to decide whether you want to do something for yourself or not. Trust me, it might be hard now, but it's going to be worth it.
  • Steff46
    Steff46 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    It takes baby steps for sure! If you like to plan workouts then try and plan meals:) I find trying new things helps me keep my interest up in eating healthy. For example, I have never had edamame (soy beans) so I plan to try it! I search websites like skinnytaste.com and skinnykitchen.com for new ideas. You never know, you may discover some healthy options that you love...........
  • SapiensPisces
    SapiensPisces Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    As a kid my mother never told me no to food. Never said "1 slice of cake is enough"

This means that you have to teach yourself the skills that you didn't learn before. Tell yourself "One slice of cake is enough." You won't be perfect every time. You might not think about one piece being enough until the third or fourth. That's ok, just keep reminding yourself when you do remember.

If you do feel you have a sickness, talking to someone would probably be a good idea.

Go ahead and get rid of the idea that you can't have the foods you love. You can. You also have to get rid of the idea that you can eat as much of the foods you love whenever you want. You can't. That's unrealistic. You can be ok with knowing that you can't eat as much as you want if you know you can still eat what you like.

I like the person's idea to try adding in small amounts of foods you aren't used to. Don't not have the serving of chips, just portion out one serving and have an apple too. Have a cup of soup with your sandwich and cake.

This is superb advice!
  • lookaheadfcsus
    Options
    Well.. I have to say, learning to cook is a pretty essential part of food tasting good.
  • 40DayFit
    40DayFit Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Ultimately you will have to decide which discomfort you're willing to accept. The discomfort of changing your familiar and beloved eating patterns to tilt toward improved nutrition and health, or not changing your eating habits and instead accommodating the eventual discomfort of unwanted weight gain, sluggishness, aches, etc.

You're grown now. You get to choose.

The same passion with which you design your fitness plans can be channeled into designing your nutrition plans. If you're into fitness, add in some recipes and suggestions from fitness advocates like Jamie Eason. If you're not cooking, you could start by learning a recipe or two.

But if you're not interested in change, and the certain discomfort that accompanies change, there's not going to be any external advice or support that will make a whit of difference for you.

All change involves loss. Dealing with that loss is what makes even positive change uncomfortable.
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    I really hate healthy eating. Most people tell me just to substitute the junk with a healthier version. Believe me I have tried. I just am too addicted to burger king, fast food, chips, candy etc. As a kid my mother never told me no to food. Never said "1 slice of cake is enough" I could be eating 5 bags of chips in front of her and she would not say a thing. I think I have fallen in too deep to get back out. Food is literally a drug for me. What should I do? Its a sickness.
    I recommend you quit right now. This is obviously not for you.
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    Well.. I have to say, learning to cook is a pretty essential part of food tasting good.
    Mmmmmmm, so true. Soup I made, so filling. I'm stuffed and loving it.
  • wmstormvet
    wmstormvet Posts: 145
    Options
    Weakness.

That is just really rude and not helpful!! You are obviously here because you needed to lose weight too so I find it deplorable that you would be so judgmental toward someone asking for help!
  • wmstormvet
    wmstormvet Posts: 145
    Options
    I really hate healthy eating. Most people tell me just to substitute the junk with a healthier version. Believe me I have tried. I just am too addicted to burger king, fast food, chips, candy etc. As a kid my mother never told me no to food. Never said "1 slice of cake is enough" I could be eating 5 bags of chips in front of her and she would not say a thing. I think I have fallen in too deep to get back out. Food is literally a drug for me. What should I do? Its a sickness.

That is just really rude and not helpful!! You are obviously here because you needed to lose weight too so I find it deplorable that you would be so judgmental toward someone asking for help!
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Oh, so you are entitled to an opinion and mine is "rude and unhelpbul"? It's meant to be a cold glass of water to the face. If I said I hated studying and it was a sickness, would you encourage me to attend university?
  • jec285
    jec285 Posts: 145 Member
    Options

He was rude but you and I both know it's nearly a certainty that someone with that attitude (self-pity, blames parents, thinks they're unique) is going to fail miserably.
  • msbeeblebrox
    msbeeblebrox Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I hate your attitude with a passion. Firstly, you've already read countless times that there's no need to eat fruits and vegetables (if that's what you hate - not sure how you define healthy eating) to lose weight. Just lose at a deficit. Secondly, I'd like to say that your tastes adjust over time. So, if you want to enjoy food you currently hate, you just have to eat it regularly. Your palate will adjust.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    Oh, so you are entitled to an opinion and mine is "rude and unhelpbul"? It's meant to be a cold glass of water to the face. If I said I hated studying and it was a sickness, would you encourage me to attend university?

^This. I didn't really see his statement as rude. I saw it more like a much needed kick in the pants. I must admit that I needed that when I first started. Being coddled did not help me at all.
  • hush404
    hush404 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Attitude and small steps. Don't jump into it thinking you NEED to cut everything out and live with it. Just start slowly and start replacing some of that junk with better stuff and work on increasing that amount.
  • gymkoala
    gymkoala Posts: 76
    Options
    We are not talking only about fat loss we are talking about healthy living, i don't like the caloric deficit, i like good food choices

you saing i HATE eating healthy, the answer is in the question: the brain seems complicated but it's really simple, if you want to do something you have to think differently, if you want to eat good food you have to LIKE it, you have to found every small good reason to like it ad build it up like all good habits, and at the same time you have to find the flaws in the junk food, not only logically but emotionally you have to connect thought and passion on your goals, junk food should make you sick and healthy food should make you happy!!

it's all a conscious choice that you can make, you have to rewire your brain and you can do it!

study how you think analyze it comprehend it and then change it , it is possible and it is is in your power .

all the frases you use are empowering you or disempowering you, you should not say anymore that you hate eating healthy, you should say to yourself that you love eating healthy, little things like this seems to no importance but they make the difference !
  • catyak886
    catyak886 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I totally know where you are coming from. I have however gotten on the program that Marie Osmond/Dan Marino plugs and I gotta say it's working and fitness pal logs it all in. I don't feel deprived because you get dessert and snacks every day. It's a bit costly because you have to buy a month at a time & you have to add your own food but I still spend less per week than I did eating out all the time. Some of it is yummy while only one or two things is a bit hard to choke down but you can get creative and add the chili to a salad and you have a taco salad. Peanut butter with a banana wow. Sautee some veggies and put on top your meal. Just use the fitness pal to make sure you are on track with your cheats. I've lost 37 lbs even with all the cheating and can't believe how easy it is to stay on track. Mainly the whole thing has taught me portion control and along with fitness pal, I make much better choices on my days off the program. I went out and had a burger with coworkers the other day.....and then logged it all. Next day went back on the program. The key is to not give up and weigh yourself everyday so that the lbs don't sneak up on you.. So you have a bad day.....get back on track the next day.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

This is so true. Learning to cook will also help you determine which ingredients can be cut or switched without compromising the flavor. For example, in about 75% of the recipes I cook, you really don't need anywhere near as much oil as the recipe says you do. However, swapping out margarine for butter often doesn't work at all.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    I'd say! Cooking can make things delicious! Just check out these threads
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1238804-what-do-your-meals-look-like-show-me-pictures?page=10#posts-19733125
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1263547-iifym-post-your-food-p0rn?page=3#posts-19733022

Look for acg's posts...I would kill for some of his food lol.
  • RebelMiltonMom
    RebelMiltonMom Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I also hate "healthy" eating. I'm a great cook and I LOVE to eat!! However, I find that a few little substitutions along with portion control have helped immensely. I've also realized that I actually do eat healthier than most people I know because I do cook from scratch and rarely eat out. My biggest issue is with all the bites, licks, and tastes that I do while I'm cooking, I've really already eaten my meal before I sit down to eat. Soooooo, I've learned to delegate the tasting to my kids who can afford the calories or else I just don't fill my own plate.