WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JANUARY

Options
:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
Welcome to the thread that changed my life. The title is “Women Ages 50+” but all women are welcome. We provide support and encouragement to each other by checking in regularly, sharing our successful and not so successful experiences, and building a community.
How did you do in reaching your goals for December? What new (or old) goals have you set for January? I look forward to hearing from all of you.

This is not only a new month but a new year as well, with lots of new blank pages to record new healthy behaviors………..I have learned so much from all my friends on MFP and I continue to look for ways to make use of this new information.
07j8Ai99P.gif

Replies

• debieanne
    Options
    :drinker: water happy new year love dei and family it is 12:11 a.m.
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,734 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year!
  • chicletgirl21
    chicletgirl21 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    smiley-eatdrink060.gif

A BIG HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL!!!:happy:

BOO AND CHICLET:flowerforyou:
  • wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    :drinker: Happy New Year Everyone :heart: :heart:

:smile: Just a quickie to wish everyone a healthy and happy 2011.

:flowerforyou: Julie I liked the idea of putting a star on the calendar as a pat on the back. This is a good idea, it's something that is easily seen to give encouragement. This might be the type of thing I need to keep me on track! :bigsmile:

Exercise is the key for me this year, I have had half hearted attempts before, but I am going to find something that I enjoy doing and then stick with it. I will continue with the running club at work, but must admit I'm not sure I enjoy it. I ran again yesterday and it was harder than the day before when I quite enjoyed my mini run. Wonder if it depends on the footwear???

I need to think of some goals for January, and will add them soon.

Just time to log my food and exercise before we take the dogs for their walk.

Thanks to Barbiecat for keeping this thread going.

:drinker: Here's to us all reaching our goals in 2011.

Viv x
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
  • tiarapants
    tiarapants Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Happy 2011. Back soon.

Amanda x
  • edmontonukeplayer
    edmontonukeplayer Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year to all!

Karlene
  • mynyddisamrs
    Options
    HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE...............

Here I go again ..........back with all you lovely people!!
    I hope you all have a great 2011.
    BFN
    Jackie
  • debieanne
    Options
    10:00a.m.

good morning all . may this new year be a blessed one for all of us exercising has been my own fall to i always felt like this is taking up to much time an it was to slow.i love dancing but than i start feeling i'm 57 this is for the younger age bt guess what its not so more dancing for meall my childre3n are in school and my grand son who is four has three play ates now so i have the time and i really want to use it good .motivation is my weakness my wii is unfixable so i am putting a new one one layaway that was something i did like doing just needed to motivte myself more so thats a goal for me . ok :drinker: tea is done we are going to a family christmas party this afternoon i am making up cheese and fruit and nuts platter i have made a lettuce bowl with cottage cheese so i want to make sure i am eating healthy did lots of not healthy eating last mth. everyone have a nice day debi(momof10)
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,520 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year lovely ladies!

New, doable goals, morning activity done and boy do I feel great! :love:
    Want to remember this feeling tomorrow when "I don't have time to play... "

All you Zumba gals inspired me, took 3 zumba classes in the past 2 weeks. WHAT an EYE OPENER. :blushing:
    Those gals can really move and SHAKE it! :blushing: but catching glance of myself in the mirror was excruciating.:sick:
    Felt like the pudding in the tray of parfaits.:sad:

Want to get the Zumba game for the wii but its sold out everywhere in town. :tongue: Does anyone have it? What do you like and dislike about it?

Dug out the old Country Line Dance and 10 minute solutions Dance off the Belly Fat DVDs. Don't like either much,:grumble: complicated routines, too many instuctions, :huh: can barely hear the music. BUT, will try them every day there's no dance class to see if maybe I like them better. If not, back to Hastings they go!:bigsmile:

Missed you all!:brokenheart:
  • kackie
    kackie Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    Welcome 2011!!! It is a blank page for all of us...let's fill it with good and healthy choices:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
    I'm off to log in...:heart::heart: :heart: Take care, all, Kackie
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year.

This month I have to be good. really good so I can stun the ex husbands at my daughter's wedding. I think I will become and exercising fool again and go back to what was working for me when I joined last February. I KNOW I CAN DO THIS!
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year!

We had and have the stomach flu going around the house this past week. Today, it is DD's turn to wake up ill. I am on the mend. The only good thing to say is that I might actually make my goal weight on time as I still can't eat.

May we all be safe and warm today!

Jeannie
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year....will have to catch up on reading and posting later.

Best wishes from Barb and "The Piggies"
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,394 Member
    Options
    Karlene - how wonderful of you to have recorded the "sit and be fit" exercises for your parents! You're a great daughter.
    You said that a lot of your gluten free websites are vegan. Do they have the nutritionals (sodium, etc)? If so, would you please let me know what these sites are?

Well, I did an hour of speed intervals on the Stairmaster today (Fri). The Y wasn't crowded, but someone came in to use that machine after me. I can't understand why they only have one of those machines, probably too expensive to get another one would be my guess. Oh, a miracle happened today! Remeber the guy at that branch that I don't really think much of. Well, I actually saw him in the fitness center today. Since April, that makes twice! Tomorrow, I'll do yoga and then stop at another branch of the Y just to see what they have. I was told that they were going to have a yoga class at 11. If so, I may stay for that class. Not sure because I haven't seen any advertisement for that class. Not sure what I'll do exercise-wise on Sun, but on Mon I'll take the extreme pump class. Then I want to stop at a food store and fill up my tank with gas.

Vince put a bottle of wine in the refrig for tonight. Honestly, I really don't feel like any, but I may wind up having a bit.

Here it is, Sat. Did 2 hrs of yoga today. We're having friends over for dinner. I've already logged my food for the dinner.

Just gave the cats their Advantage. I don't know, that stuff really winds them up! Lexi had her teeth cleaned yesterday. One of her teeth is chipped. Kind of weird, but according to the radiograph, the tooth is OK (for now). We'll just have to keep watching her eating.

Had 1 glass of wine yesterday. Vince had most of the bottle, I just didn't feel like much. This is one thing that really bugs me, he'll leave just a little bit of something. Like there is just a little bit of wine. Did he finish it? No. It's back in the refrig. I made an apple crinkle for Christmas. There was just a little bit left, I had to remind him to finish it so that I could get that big dish out of the refrig. It's just so frustrating!

Debi - your platters sound really nice. Whenever the Newcomers have some sort of get together, I wish someone would make up a fruit/cheese/nut platter. Well, if I'm hosting something here, I'm going to have bowls of nuts out.

auntibk - I had a Burn & Firm DVD that I really didn't like much. I took it to a "Play It Again Sports". I only got something like $3 for it, they'll probably sell it for $9. But at least I got something and it's no longer taking up room in my exercise room.

Robin - what a great motivator you have!

Need to post this so it's in my list.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Michele
  • lyn54
    lyn54 Posts: 415
    Options
    HAPPY NEW YEARS!!!!!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,984 Member
    Options
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
    Happy 2011 to everybody……I am ready for a calendar full of clean pages ready for new adventure and learning new healthy habits.

:flowerforyou: kcwriter, I had been thinking about you so I am so glad you posted……I know exactly what you mean about white flour and sugar making you want more……I stopped buying bread a long time ago because I couldn’t seem to eat just one piece…..now I buy Orowheat sandwich thins and keep them in the freezer and sometimes I will take one out and microwave it for about 20 seconds and put a hard boiled egg or a bit of peanut butter on it (only on days when I’ve done a lot of exercise and have plenty of calories) and I don’t eat desserts at all

:flowerforyou: Julie, walking my dogs and taking them to the dog park so I can walk while they run in the off leash area has been a huge help to my exercise plan….I can convince myself that I don’t want to exercise, but I can’t convince the dogs….I have been putting stickers on my calendar for walking 10,000 steps……instead of buying stickers, I cut off the pictures on the address labels that come in the mail as an incentive to make contributions and use the pictures as stickers

:flowerforyou: MacMadame, I’m so glad to hear that you’re riding your bike and that they fixed the trail….we have such a great trail here…I wish you could come up and ride on it.

:flowerforyou: Karlene, I loved your account of getting your parents to exercise….glad your mom is recovering

:flowerforyou: debieanne, I’m glad you’re going to be able to get a new Wii……sometimes I just march, jog, and dance in front of the TV and make up my own routines

:flowerforyou: Robin, I know you can reach your goal of stunning everyone at the wedding

:flowerforyou: Jeannie, I hope you feel better soon.

:bigsmile: :bigsmile: I kept all my December goals to focus on again in January…..we have been terrible about doing yoga and I really miss it.......I hope we all have a goal of keeping in touch with each other regularly.....you have been such a support to me and I don't know what I'd do without you. :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

smiley-bounce016.gif
  • 2labs4me
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I'm 50+ so I quess this is the place to be :happy: I just started this 2 days ago and so far so good. I would love to make some friends and get support along my way. I'm not big into exercise but something I'm willing to try. I have bad hips and a bad knees but I'm sure my weight is not helping that at all. I ride horses which actually does help my hips...I'm not able to ride right now due to the cold weather and snow. I want to be thin by the spring so I can ride and not feel like I'm stuffed into my saddle:laugh:

Glad I found this website and hope to make some friends along my journey:happy:

Happy New Year to you all
    Jane
  • edmontonukeplayer
    edmontonukeplayer Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hello,

Today has been an okay day but I am getting very tired of holiday celebrating: I can't believe it will actually be all over for me tomorrow! No more rich food around to tempt my resolve & health, cooking for only 2 (with a husband who loves whatever I serve even the low cal, gluten free stuff), "catering" completed for this season finally. Yes I think I have developed holiday celebrating fatigue syndrome! So tomorrow I will clean my house, wash the sheets and make up the guest room, throw out or give away the left over goodies and look forward to a quiet first week of January 2011. Happy New Year!

Karlene
  • Darlis
    Darlis Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year Everyone.

This is my first chance to post today, I worked today and we had up a 9 ft. Christmas Tree...so before we got too busy first thing this morning the 2 of us working today got the tree undecorated, diassembled and into storage. Surely that counts as SOME exercise....lol. The past few weeks have been so busy, I am looking forward to the January/February slowdown at work.

Karlene.....count yourself fortunate that hubby eats as you do, mine constantly brings things home I have to avoid

Jane...I hope that someday I can get back to riding, I would never subject either of my horses to my current weight. As far as exercise with bad hips and knees....I have bad everything so my Dr. suggested water aerobics and I found a class at a local rec. dept for only $20/mo.