Peanut butter is not a protein source!!!!!

Options

Replies

• paulperryman
    paulperryman Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    It's a nut based food and what do nuts have the most of? Fats. DER!!!! Common knowledge
  • crybick
    crybick Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I love peanut butter but it's just too energy dense for my diet. I'd rather not buy it than easily overeat on it.
  • paulperryman
    paulperryman Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    I started to lose weight when I stopped kidding myself that peanut butter is a good protein source.

Just saying.

So the only thing you did was cut out peanut butter as a regular food?
    it wasn't just the peanut butter, not that i eat it, but once in a while, doesn't take a brain surgeon to know you shouldn't be eating anything processed all the time, why not just oh i dunno eat some meat or drink a protein shake.

Whey Protein well the one i buy, it's not meat it's dairy contains 20g of protein in a 30g scoop which easily makes upto 600mls without being too watered down so you are getting almost 3 glasses of fluids plus 20g of proteins + numerous other beneficial nutrients that are added and all for the low low cost of 150calories
  • Charliejl82
    Options
    Enlightening fact - food contains calories! Who knew!!!
  • RobsGirl_lds
    Options
    Nothing childish about pointing out someone's blatant foolishness in an attempt to appear "helpful", or while simultaneously pretending to be "smartly" condescending on the sly.
    You, unlike others ITT who did point out issues with my post, only stated an opinion. But I understand your need to jump in with out having anything useful to add to the discussion, my 4 year old does it all the time.
  • RobsGirl_lds
    Options
    Nothing childish about pointing out someone's blatant foolishness in an attempt to appear "helpful", or while simultaneously pretending to be "smartly" condescending on the sly.
    You, unlike others ITT who did point out issues with my post, only stated an opinion. But I understand your need to jump in with out having anything useful to add to the discussion, my 4 year old does it all the time.

An opinion ?! oh ok, not facts then ?
    Show me the facts in this statement.:
    Your post is stupid. We are now enlightened on your level of ignorance. Thanks!
  • RobsGirl_lds
    Options

Ummm....all of it ?? :laugh:
    Look up fact vs opinion before you post again.:flowerforyou:
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    I can just imagine the countless people on mfp eating as much peanut putter as possible trying to hit their protein target everyday........only to run out of calories trying. How frustrated they must be on a daily basis, until they read this thread of course ! :laugh:

Here's what blows my mind: There are literally people in this thread saying peanut butter is an excellent source of protein. (That is a literal word for word statement) and someone who is saying they lost weight when they stopped considering PB a decent protein source (Again, an actual statement someone said) and yet people are still acting like the OP is talking to herself and that people don't really think that.

How can you laugh, like her thread doesn't have a audience or is stupid, when people are admitting that they've held the very belief she's trying to correct?
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    You are now enlightened.

wait, so the Buddha dedicated his life to seeking enlightenment and found it through meditation and the middle way....

yet you're saying he could have skipped all of that and just learned the fact that peanut butter contains more fat than protein and that because of this some people don't think it should count as a protein source....

..... okay.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options

umm you said that peanut butter is not a protein source, when in fact it does contain protein….so your whole title is wrong…

but thanks for playing OP ..better luck next time...
  • Achrya
    Options

umm you said that peanut butter is not a protein source, when in fact it does contain protein….so your whole title is wrong…

But you can't put 'Peanut butter is a Shet/Crap/Terribad Protein Source that only those interested in a battle of semantics for the sake of arguing would try to defend' as a title. It's way too long.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options

But you can't put 'Peanut butter is a Shet/Crap/Terribad Protein Source that only those interested in a battle of semantics for the sake of arguing would try to defend' as a title. It's way too long.

i stick to my original assertion …OP has enlightened nothing.

ETA - I have never seen anyone claim that peanut butter is their primary protein source….
  • nickowastaken
    nickowastaken Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    Your battery is kinda low
  • RobsGirl_lds
    Options

Ummm....all of it ?? :laugh:
    Look up fact vs opinion before you post again.:flowerforyou:

*looks up fact vs opinion on interweb*......yeah I'll stick with my previous answer thanks.

You really aren't doing yourself any favours by continually bumping this thread, it's creating a wider audience which will see the silliness of it all. I'd just leave it and put it down as a learning experience for any future enlightening posts you may contribute to this forum.....
    And now you have proven to be unable to distinguish the difference between those two terms. Your posts are now completely irrelevant. Thanks for playing.:wink:
  • Achrya
    Options

ETA - I have never seen anyone claim that peanut butter is their primary protein source….

Just because you aren't enlightened doesn't mean someone isn't. How would you prove that no one has read this and taken something away from it? Have you done an exit poll? Are you really telling me that here, in the land of 7 day water fasts, bulky thighs caused by mini trampolines, and people who believe they eat 1000 calories a day and still can't lose weight that it's impossible someone read this and learned something?

Hell, someone has literally said they started losing weight when they stopped considering PB a protein source. What further endorsement do you need that the OP has an audience and that it just isn't you?

OP never said people used peanut butter as their primary protein source so I'm not sure why you feel like that's a valid point in reference to what she's said. It is, however, often brought up in 'how do I get more protein threads' like it's a valid protein source and doesn't have less protein per calorie than say...celery

Everyone wants to play some stupid semantics game because they don't like the OP's title, even though the very first line in the post is 'It does have protein', or like titles to draw people in aren't the norm. I'm not down for trying to bash people over word games ("Oh look at this, she said NOT when she should have said CRAPPY, even tho you can't put crappy in thread titles") Frankly I'm not with it. PB is not a protein source. If we're gonna start calling it a protein source than we have to call everything a proteins source if it has even a scant amount of protein, and yet I doubt that's what people here are saying we should do.
  • RobsGirl_lds
    Options

Just because you aren't enlightened doesn't mean someone is. How would you prove that no one has read this and taken something away from it? Have you done an exit poll? Are you really telling me that here, in the land of 7 day water fasts, bulky thighs caused by mini trampolines, and people who believe they eat 1000 calories a day and still can't lose weight that it's impossible someone read this and learned something?

Seriously?

OP never said people used peanut butter as their primary protein source so I'm not sure why you feel like that's a valid point in reference to what she's said. It is, however, often brought up in 'how do I get more protein threads' like it's a valid protein source and doesn't have less protein per calorie than say...celery.
    It's ok people feel if they know something that must mean the world knows it. I know there are lurkers who see the hostility ITT and won't post, but like I said before if .000001% of the MFP populace got something from my post I succeeded in my objective.