• deliciousmnm
    deliciousmnm Posts: 8 Member
    Have 1 cheat day per week, I usually do Sundays
  • misschoppo
    misschoppo Posts: 463 Member
    weigh it & log it!
  • shapefitter
    shapefitter Posts: 900 Member
    Before MFP, I would've eaten mainly when hungry, which was once a day. Since, Sep last year, I've learned a lot. Mainly, to eat more, that's to say, I have a snack/meal every four hours, and snack between. I make sure, I'll get around 70-100g of protein, a day. I only take one protein drink a day, and might have a protein bar after a workout, as long as it's at least 10g, it will do. There's more, but I don't want to bore.
  • surfinbird_1981
    surfinbird_1981 Posts: 946 Member
    Don't eat animals
  • earlybrd7
    earlybrd7 Posts: 56 Member
    Portioning/weighing my food before eating
  • SunnyDuckling
    SunnyDuckling Posts: 204 Member
    I take my time and savour every bite. Really taste my food. One - the enjoyment of eating something yummo lasts longer and two - I don't eat as much because I realise when I'm full.
  • litsy3
    litsy3 Posts: 783 Member
    I try not to eat or drink anything I'm not going to enjoy.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    I don't really have any rules, but a few guidelines:
    Every day aim to eat 3xfruits, 3xvegetables, and nuts, eggs, fish, milk. Other food groups are optional, but try to get as much different stuff into diet as possible/practical. Experiment with recipes and try new foods often.
    Eat 4-6 meals every day and nothing inbetween meals.
    Don't drink my calories. 8 glasses of water each day, more if hot weather or extreme exertions.
    Get at least my own body weight in kilos in grams of protein each day. More energy from fat than from carbs.
    Everything I eat should be both nutritious and tasty. Enjoy it.
    Junkfood is mainly for social occations.
    Moderation - portion control helps me learn how much food I need; appetite is not a good tool for that - not yet.
    Don't buy anything out that I can make better myself. If possible, bring my own snack.
    Even if it's free, I dont have to eat it.
  • hsygh
    hsygh Posts: 13 Member
    My favorite rule is I get exactly 1 serving of a "treat" each day. That way I get to enjoy my favorite foods, but since they're tracked and incorporated into the big picture of my life style, there is absolutely 0 guilt.
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Limit eating fast and processed foods!!!
  • I have this note in my wallet saying: "Eat whatever you want, but log it!"
    Reminds me to log my food when I'm on the way.
  • Telomin
    Telomin Posts: 45 Member
    What I've read research says, the best tips is:
    1. Have a small plate when eating
    2. Eat regularly even if you're NOT hungry, in that case just have a small banana. Every 3rd hour it's recommende,d I find that a bit difficult so I try to eat every 4th hour or so.

I also live by the rule of not removing anything 100%, 'cause that sísn't really sustainable and I will just get cravings for it and then give up and totally pig out.
    I try to let myself have one little snack every day, the last couple of days it's been like 30 grams of peanuts 'cause I bought home it the other day... It could also be like one latte or something like that. But if it's more than one snack, it's usually too much.
  • beachgod
    beachgod Posts: 567 Member
    Don't spaz about going out to eat every now and then, birthday parties, etc. and not knowing the nutritional value/calorie amount of every item on the plate.
  • evilscotsman83
    evilscotsman83 Posts: 17 Member
    strict veggies, protein and fruit throughout the week with lots of water. exercise at least 3 times during the week.

the weekend, not so strict. if I want a snack il have one, but make sure I get a long walk or some sort of exercise to earn it.
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Don't have rules

much easier not to break them this way:)
  • shapefitter
    shapefitter Posts: 900 Member
    I don't really have any rules, but a few guidelines:
    Every day aim to eat 3xfruits, 3xvegetables, and nuts, eggs, fish, milk. Other food groups are optional, but try to get as much different stuff into diet as possible/practical. Experiment with recipes and try new foods often.
    Eat 4-6 meals every day and nothing inbetween meals.
    Don't drink my calories. 8 glasses of water each day, more if hot weather or extreme exertions.
    Get at least my own body weight in kilos in grams of protein each day. More energy from fat than from carbs.
    Everything I eat should be both nutritious and tasty. Enjoy it.
    Junkfood is mainly for social occations.
    Moderation - portion control helps me learn how much food I need; appetite is not a good tool for that - not yet.
    Don't buy anything out that I can make better myself. If possible, bring my own snack.
    Even if it's free, I dont have to eat it.

^This fills in the gaps, pretty much. Except, I do eat out, about once a week, and once a month with a large group of friends.
    I'll eat something before, going out, then skip the starters, which gives me room for deserts, if I feel like it. Anyhow, I just make it fit in with my macros.
  • Weigh it and look it up to see if it's worth the intake. I eat what I want, when I want it, but try to do portion control, no restricting for me means no depravation....
  • laurenawolf
    laurenawolf Posts: 262 Member
    Tracking what I eat, and trying to eat slowly. I like to inhale my food which is no good
  • making myself get jazzed about actually cooking.....