JANUARY MILES CHALLENGE!

Options

Replies

• Lauriebean
    Options
    I'll join in as well! I'll start with my home state of Jersey for 72 miles for January.
  • kizzy_muss
    kizzy_muss Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    anna441 - what is it about the state challenge ur confused about? it's a personal challenge that i thought would be fun...no one has to do it its of choice...in the chart i posted of the states and the miles u can start anywhere u like once u completed that state u don't do it again and u move on to another state of ur choice and complete the miles there.
  • kizzy_muss
    kizzy_muss Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Nlongenecker
    Options
    Ok, so I don't see other posts for today 1/1/11.

Indiana
    2 miles today + 0 total + 0 group total = 2

Did I do this right?
  • MCS64
    MCS64 Posts: 126
    Options
    Happy New Year everyone! Im ready to start this challenge. Im going to shoot for 63 miles this month. Hoping to do Rhode Island (27 miles) by Jan. 15th. Then finish January with Delaware 36 miles.

As for the challenge formula Im still not sure how that works but Im sure by watching others enter numbers in I will figure it out.

Good luck to all of you! :drinker:
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    well i did 50 as a goal for november and beat it with 100....
    i did 75 as a goal for december and just made it (i was pretty sick and so were my kids before and after christmas)....
    thinking i should try to aim for somewhere in between the past two months goals....
    how about 90 miles for january?????
  • TeamLeela
    TeamLeela Posts: 3,302
    Options
    I'm doing Illinois...212. I don't think I will be able to do it this month, but I am going to try for 60 this month. How do you count spin class for miles? I think its about 1 mile every 5 minutes or so. So for a 45 minute class, its about 9 miles. Maybe I will just count 6. Does that sound reasonable?
  • anna441
    anna441 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Thanks Kizzy
  • margie_77
    margie_77 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I'm in. My goal for the year is 1000 all by myself. Keep me on track!!
    I will only be counting miles during workouts, i don't trust pedometers.
  • bubblybabeuk
    bubblybabeuk Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Ok starting with Rhode Island 27 miles

did 2.5 miles today

Total Miles 2.5

Mandy xx
  • esorcel
    esorcel Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Ok starting with Rhode Island 27 miles

did 2.5 miles today

Total Miles 2.5

Mandy xx

With the miles that you walked today, it looks like the total for the group goes as follows:

2.5 miles you walked today + 0 that you've walked previously + 2 group miles = 4.5 new total group miles

This may get confusing, but hopefully this would be helpful to everyone so we can track our group miles:)
  • bubblybabeuk
    bubblybabeuk Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    OK thanks was not sure I was doing it right!!!

2.5 miles done today + 0 miles done previously + 2 group miles = 4.5 new total group miles

Mandy xx
  • esorcel
    esorcel Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I have truly enjoyed these walking challenges. Although they are not intense aerobic exercises, I seem to lose weight faster than when I was doing two hours a day of the other exercises. I would love to do high miles this month like I've done with other challenges, but unfortunately I developed bad knees and was advised my my MD to reduce my miles. I am going to start with Rhode Island (27 miles, which I would mostly do on an elliptical machine), and I will see about climbing to Delaware later. This will allow me more time to do other exercises too, such as strength training.

exercise.png
  • nikkicarter13
    nikkicarter13 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Here we go...I ran yesterday, but didn't write on the board...so....

5.25 miles done today + 3.1 miles done previously + 4.5 group miles = 12.85 new total group miles

And for the state challenge...I'm starting in my home state of MA at 125 miles.....8.35 miles done and 116.65 to go!
  • loveme445
    loveme445 Posts: 2,439 Member
    Options
    Question about the formula: "_____ (my miles today) + ______ (my total miles) + _______ (total group miles) = ________ NEW TOTAL GROUP MILES"

If we have already added our previous daily miles to the total group miles, shouldn't we delete "my total miles" from the formula. This will lead to the total being higher than it should.

For example:
    Saturday: 2 my miles done today + 0 my total miles + 0 total group miles = 2 new total group miles
    Sunday: 4 my miles done today + 2 my total miles + 2 total group miles = 8 new total group miles (the total should be 6, see below)

Maybe the formula should be: ______ my miles done today + _____ total group miles = _____ new total group miles
    Example:
    Saturday: 2 my miles done today + 0 total group miles = 2 new total group miles
    Sunday: 4 my miles done today + 2 total group miles = 6 new total group miles

I dont know if Im looking at this correct so I apologize if Im wrong. I just want to make sure we have accurate data. Have a Great Day!
  • loveme445
    loveme445 Posts: 2,439 Member
    Options
    9.6 (my miles today) + 12.85 (group total) = 22.45 (new group total)

On my way to Hawaii (75 miles), only 65.4 miles to paradise :smile:
  • margie_77
    margie_77 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    5 (mine today)+ 22.45 (prev. group total) = 27.45 (new group total)

woot! :)
  • girlsaint
    girlsaint Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I am in. My goal is 100 km. That works out to 62.1371 miles.

Started Jan 1st, 2 km
    Jan 2nd 5km

I am excited to get this completed! It's my first challenge !

Edited to add that is just a little over 4.3 miles
    Edited again after I read the rest of the posts lol

4.3(mine today)+ 27.45(prev. group total) = 31.75 (new group total)
  • lauralee001
    Options
    I'm in for 80 miles this month! Good luck everyone!
  • MCS64
    MCS64 Posts: 126
    Options
    Well... I thought I was starting to understand the original formula. Now after the last few posts Im totally messed up again...lol.:laugh:

This is what I'VE done so far: 3.5 miles today + 2 miles yesterday = 5.5 miles:drinker: