Lose 10 Pounds by Valentine's Day!!

Options

Replies

• cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,427 Member
    Options
    FRIDAY NEW YEAR"S EVE CHALLENGE:

12 Water (to combat the sodim loaded foods and those of you who plan to drink alcohol!) -working on this one
    40 Minutes exercise--- did 45 minutes of spinning and 10 minutes of ab work. Gonna walk the dog and do a bike ride later. (also major house clean before the guests come over)

Already kissed hubby and one kid, gotta hit the other when he gets finished with swim practice. Be safe everybody, agree with everything Tausha said about drinking and driving-it's just not worth it!
  • johnson30usa
    Options
    I think I will do weigh in's on Friday too... before the scary, hard to make it through weekend.
  • nuttybuttersmommy
    nuttybuttersmommy Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    12 Water (to combat the sodim loaded foods and those of you who plan to drink alcohol!) --- working on...
    40 Minutes exercise--- This can include anything you choose today ! --- done... I did my Wii fit... great sadness though it did not save my work out so I dont know how many cals it says I burned
  • JodiS75
    JodiS75 Posts: 284
    Options

12 Water (to combat the sodium loaded foods and those of you who plan to drink alcohol!)
    40 Minutes exercise--- This can include anything you choose today !

Try your best to be good although many will probably be tempted with the holiday!

PLEASE GET A DESIGNATED DRIVER IF YOU PLAN TO DRINK! IT'S FOR YOU AND OTHERS! DON'T RISK YOUR LIVES OR THE LIVES OF OTHERS. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE REMEMBER THIS. PEOPLE LOVE AND CARE FOR YOU AND THOSE PEOPLE IN THE OTHER VEHICLES! THERE MAY BE CHILDREN, MOTHERS, FATHERS.....

I PRAY FOR YOUR SAFETY.

And the best one of all...... Kiss someone you love! Even if it isn't at midnight! Kiss your baby, spouse, friend on the cheek, momma, daddy, anyone!! Tell them how much they mean to you. Really.... you never know when you will get another chance to really tell them how much they mean.

Exercise - DONE!! 1 hr 15 minutes of shoveling snow! Thank goodness we finally got some here in Denver :-)
    Now time to start on the water!

Happy New Year's, everyone!
  • JodiS75
    JodiS75 Posts: 284
    Options

Already kissed hubby and one kid, gotta hit the other when he gets finished with swim practice. Be safe everybody, agree with everything Tausha said about drinking and driving-it's just not worth it!

It says to kiss them, not hit them :laugh: Although I have a 13 year old daughter, so I may go with the hitting too :wink:
  • srsimon
    srsimon Posts: 60 Member
    Options
  • PoshTaush
    PoshTaush Posts: 1,247
    Options

Thanks so much for posting this! I don't know why but I couldn't get my computer to play it, but I think it's so nice you took the time to try and help us all out !

That's so sweet.
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,427 Member
    Options

It says to kiss them, not hit them :laugh: Although I have a 13 year old daughter, so I may go with the hitting too :wink:

Oh my word, I feel your pain! I have a 14 year old boy and a 15 year (almost 16) boy (who just snuck up on me with a Jason hockey mask on and is laughing hysterically at my shriek!) and the wanting to hit them is a regular occasion!
  • blessedmomof8
    blessedmomof8 Posts: 215 Member
    Options

12 Water ~DONE 100 oz
    40 Minutes exercise--- ~DONE 105min.

Try your best to be good although many will probably be tempted with the holiday! ~DONE only had a Sunday to celebrate.

And the best one of all...... Kiss someone you love! ~DONE got hubby and the youngest 6. (The 2 oldest are gone for the night)

Everyone have a HAPPY New Year!!!
  • merichick
    merichick Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm In, what a great idea, I have done Myfitnesspal last year but my father died in July so weight loss went by the way side,

New Year new me and all that so on Christmas day I started again (a xmas pressie to myself, get thin and fit treat my body)

25th Dec 2010 weight = 147
    SW 147
    GW 135

1st Weigh in 1st Jan 2011= 142.5
    SW 147
    CW 142.5
    GW 135
  • HappyTemple
    Options
    I'm kind of late, but I'm in!

Start wt: 188
    Mini-goal wt: 178
  • schotas
    schotas Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Thanks to everyone for the advice on how to get all of my water in each day. After struggling just to get 5-6 glasses per day since I started, I was able to drink 8 glasses yesterday. Yeah!!! That was a big success for me. :bigsmile:
  • imagoofyg00b3r
    Options
    I'm late, but definitely count me in! ;)
  • FatCityBoy
    Options
    This newbie's in. Starting at 198, would love to get to 180
  • PoshTaush
    Options
    Ok so I'm going to post a few days challenges in advance since I'm having trouble posting EVERYDAY challenges. I can't keep up! I have a 15 month old and the day gets away from me and then I realize, I've forgotten to post!

Sorry about today! Oh yeah...welcome to the new comers!

So, here are some for the next couple of days. Bump these up so that people can keep up!

SUNDAY CHALLENGE:

10 Water (80 ounces)
    Under Calories
    45 Minutes Cardio exercise (these don't have to be consecutive, but better if they are...break it up if needed!)
    10 Minutes Resistance training....(weights, squats, crunches, leg lifts,...you get the picture...whatever you can do!)

Take 15 minutes completely to yourself today. Go to a quiet place. Read if you like. Meditate, or just have quiet time. Take a bubble bath with the door locked and tell the spouse that they have to have the kids for that time! lol.... Have some ME time!

MONDAY CHALLENGE:

WEIGH IN DAY!!!
    :glasses:

10 Glasses Water
    40% rule for Exercise- Take 40% of your Body weight and exercise that many minutes. You can choose any activity...mix it up if you like, do weights, cardio, play basketball, whatever

Example: If you weigh 100 Pounds 40% is 40 Pounds so you would exercise 40 Minutes

And of couse Under Calories

TUESDAY CHALLENGE:

H2O Tuesdays= 12 Glasses Water!!! Come on! This will be for EVERY TUESDAY!

Under Cals and Add 5 Minutes of exercise to whatever your % was yesterday. So if you were "supposed" to do 45 minutes then today you are "supposed" to do at least 50 minutes! :grumble:
  • MrsSeaShell
    Options
    I have finally compiled a list of all our challenge members!!!!!! 121 members!!! Total start weigh so far is 16995, and with 121 members an estimated group loss of 1210!
  • countrygirl75
    countrygirl75 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I would like to join, I just found the challenge when I got back on to MFP, I started MFP at 250 lost 8lbs before thanksgiving, now I shot back up over the holidays.

So my SW is 255, this will be a good start to get in the habits again.
  • FatCityBoy
    Options
    If it's not a dumb question, how much does everyone's weight just fluctuate before you worry about actual weight loss?

I'm one of those who hops on and off the scales a lot, and the weight goes up and down like a fiddler's elbow? I can see I'm losing weight on a trend but the fluctuation around the trend is quite a lot.

Thoughts?
  • PoshTaush
    Options
    I have finally compiled a list of all our challenge members!!!!!! 121 members!!! Total start weigh so far is 16995, and with 121 members an estimated group loss of 1210!

Lady you are awesome! I know we are still getting new members, but whew, you are amazing!

Your new picture is so pretty! I like your shirt. By the way, if you don't mind me asking, what is your name.... and if you do mind you don't have to tell me. or, if you don't want me to say it here, but want me to know only, you can send me a private message...hahah... ok enough.

I'm looking forward to our first weigh ins tomorrow! I wonder if the earth will spin faster because of all of this weight loss we are causing?? haha!! Just kidding! Maybe we will cure that hole in the ozone layer somehow?? hahahaha!

Ok enough of me being crazy.

Talk to you later!

tausha
  • PoshTaush
    Options
    I would like to join, I just found the challenge when I got back on to MFP, I started MFP at 250 lost 8lbs before thanksgiving, now I shot back up over the holidays.

So my SW is 255, this will be a good start to get in the habits again.

Welcome to our group! Hope you find everyone fun and inspiring!