Paleo Bread

Options

Replies

• links_slayer
    links_slayer Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    you guys, she doesn't want to hear anything that she doesn't agree with.

must be new to teh interwebz

btw, i love how you only eat paleo after breakfast....roflzomglololol!!!!!11!1!!11one!!!eleven!!!
  • Dylllie
    Dylllie Posts: 72
    Options
    Honestly- I only wanted to know if the dang bread was good.

Thought MFP was suppose to be a community of uplifting, encouraging people.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Paleo bread isn't that an oxymoron?
    So call it something else.

If she likes it, and it fits her goals, who cares?
    Well actually a lot of people do. Labels mean a lot. If you promote something as Paleo it goes along with the flawed concept of Paleo. You tell everyone it's the caveman diet then you back peddle just so you can include certain other things within the diet. (which what the Paleo industry and supporters have started to do)

Paleo bread is just another example of why the Paleo concept is so flawed. Eat what you want I have no problem with that but please stop trying to pretend it's something it's not

Yep. Call it what it is, not what it's not.

tumblr_m1qwd4Ezup1rsyfsso1_500.gif
  • Dylllie
    Options
    you guys, she doesn't want to hear anything that she doesn't agree with.

must be new to teh interwebz

btw, i love how you only eat paleo after breakfast....roflzomglololol!!!!!11!1!!11one!!!eleven!!!

Actually, I only wanted comments on the taste. Which no one has even really mentioned. Funny how everyone just wanted to criticize, though.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Honestly- I only wanted to know if the dang bread was good.

Thought MFP was suppose to be a community of uplifting, encouraging people.

I encourage you to get away from pop culture fads and embrace a lifestyle that you enjoy so much that you would never dream of "cheating" yourself again. :flowerforyou:
  • Dylllie
    Options
    I love my microwave paleo bread!

http://ancestralchef.com/microwave-paleo-bread

I'll have to try this- thank you!
  • vytamindi
    vytamindi Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I've had the Julian's bread before. It wasn't the paleo bread, just the low carb one. IMHO, it's too expensive to rely on as a regular staple in my diet, but it was nice to toast and put peanut butter on once in a while.

I think people forget that there's more than one way to skin a cat. Some die hard paleo eaters allow stuff like this once in a while. Others think that anything that is made as a replacement for a forbidden food should be forbidden as well. Some are super strict, but do eat cheese.

At the end of the day, whatever camp you belong to, as long as you find something sustainable and healthy, you'll be alright.
  • Dylllie
    Options
    I've had the Julian's bread before. It wasn't the paleo bread, just the low carb one. IMHO, it's too expensive to rely on as a regular staple in my diet, but it was nice to toast and put peanut butter on once in a while.

I think people forget that there's more than one way to skin a cat. Some die hard paleo eaters allow stuff like this once in a while. Others think that anything that is made as a replacement for a forbidden food should be forbidden as well. Some are super strict, but do eat cheese.

At the end of the day, whatever camp you belong to, as long as you find something sustainable and healthy, you'll be alright.

Thank you so much! I totally agree. :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options

Well actually a lot of people do. Labels mean a lot. If you promote something as Paleo it goes along with the flawed concept of Paleo. You tell everyone it's the caveman diet then you back peddle just so you can include certain other things within the diet. (which what the Paleo industry and supporters have started to do)

Paleo bread is just another example of why the Paleo concept is so flawed. Eat what you want I have no problem with that but please stop trying to pretend it's something it's not

But if it's made from all things that are paleo (almonds, coconut, etc) how is it not paleo?

Do you have to bake it? I just think it's funny it's called Paleo bread when bread itself is not allowed on Paleo. You'll eat bread, but you won't eat a pizza crust made of cheese because it's not allowed.

What's allowed is an easier thing for me to answer, which includes vegetables, nuts, fruits, meats, etc

The bread comes from everything that is allowed. So hm.

So it's allowable because it doesn't have wheat in it? I am genuinely confused as to why it's allowed. How do you bake bread with no flour and yeast?
  • Dylllie
    Options

But if it's made from all things that are paleo (almonds, coconut, etc) how is it not paleo?

Do you have to bake it? I just think it's funny it's called Paleo bread when bread itself is not allowed on Paleo. You'll eat bread, but you won't eat a pizza crust made of cheese because it's not allowed.

What's allowed is an easier thing for me to answer, which includes vegetables, nuts, fruits, meats, etc

So it's allowable because it doesn't have wheat in it? I am genuinely confused as to why it's allowed. How do you bake bread with no flour and yeast?

The grind almonds, coconut & seeds and use that to make it. No yeast is required. I'm not a baker, so I can't exactly go into the very detail about it.

I'm not even asking if you agree with my choice- I'm asking about the taste.
  • mclgo
    mclgo Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Sweetie, you do whatever works for you! Make your own "rules". Best wishes!!!!!
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    it does have flour...

•1 1/2 cups blanched almond flour
    •2 tablespoons coconut flour
    •1/4 cup golden flaxseed meal
    •1/4 teaspoon celtic sea salt
    •1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
    •5 eggs
    •1/4 cup coconut oil
    •1 tablespoon honey
    •1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar

and to the OP I wasn't critizing...I was asking as Paleo spefically says no bread...as it is processed and uses method which were not available to Paleolithic man...

And I know this as I have family who are die hard paleo eaters...no bread of any sort...no processing of foods that wasn't present during that time...etc.

EAT:
    •Grass-produced meats
    •Fish/seafood
    •Fresh fruits
    •Fresh Vegetables
    •Eggs
    •Nuts
    •Seeds
    •Healthy oils (Olive, walnut, flaxseed, macadamia, avocado, coconut)

DON’T EAT:
    •Cereal grains
    •Legumes (including peanuts)
    •Dairy
    •Refined sugar
    •Potatoes
    •Processed foods
    •Salt
    •Refined vegetable oils
    •Candy / Junk / Processed Food
    Key here is "processed food" and to grind the nuts = processed
  • kcrosso
    kcrosso Posts: 5
    Options
    I'd love to hear what you think of it. I am mostly Paleo myself, and currently on the low carb spectrum to finish losing the last 15 pounds. (I've lost 127 in the past 3 years) But, every now and then, I enjoy a Paleo friendly treat. The great thing about it, is that as long as you stick to eating meats, fish, nuts, seeds, fruits, veggies, and natural sweetners such as honey or maple syrup, there is no 1 right way to be Paleo. Sometimes I enjoy some rice with my Thai food, or a little bit of fresh cheese, but other than that, my daily food is Paleo.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options

The grind almonds, coconut & seeds and use that to make it. No yeast is required. I'm not a baker, so I can't exactly go into the very detail about it.

I don't even care what you eat! I was just asking why it was allowed and what makes it okay. Geez... :grumble:
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options

I say go for it if that's what you want. But seriously - something about the words "Microwarve Paleo Bread" makes no sense!!
  • pfgaytriot
    pfgaytriot Posts: 238 Member
    Options

I say go for it if that's what you want. But seriously - something about the words "Microwarve Paleo Bread" makes no sense!!

You're absolutely correct. After I posted it and thought about it, I did add to my original post that the combination of words may sound dumb. Regardless, the bread is quick and delicious and I wanted to share with OP because it's a more affordable version of the bread they're speaking of. The use of the word paleo merely means the recipe uses paleo friendly ingredients, not that cavemen had the ability to make it. Obviously, there are as many different levels of paleo as there are vegetarian. I'm not strict paleo, but I do enjoy many of the recipes because I like to keep things simple. To each their own! :drinker:
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options

I don't even care what you eat! I was just asking why it was allowed and what makes it okay. Geez... :grumble:

I know same here...but god forbid we ask questions about this scared Paleo diet...
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options

So don't eat pale. Focus on YOUR eating and move on.
  • chloematilds
    chloematilds Posts: 111 Member
    Options

exactly. paleo argues that cavemen did not eat grains

but then almond flour and coconut.flour have just been around in a decade.or so. at least.grains like.rice and wheat have beeen around thousands of years

it also.boggles my mind why people.who.label their.lifestyle as "paleo" when they drive cars, buy stuff instead of hunt, and live in homes, not in caves

they should.call their lifestyle anti.grain, not paleo.since they are not living the "paleolithic way"
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,709 Member
    Options
    This.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

Thanks for the reiteration. I've all ready addressed this, though.

How is it not paleo if it is made only from things allowed by paleo (almond, coconut, etc)?

If you can't answer that, then I don't need your criticism !
    Well let's look at the actual definition of BREAD:

bread
    bred/
    noun
    noun: bread; plural noun: breads

food made of flour, water, and yeast or another leavening agent, mixed together and baked.
    "a loaf of bread"

See nothing about coconut, almond, etc.

Hope that answered your question.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
This discussion has been closed.