75cal mac and cheese

Options

Replies

• ovi212
    ovi212 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    How bout if oyu don't like the idea don't eat it. No need to bash me. I was just offering a simple solution to a problem some may be struggling with.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    How bout if oyu don't like the idea don't eat it. No need to bash me. I was just offering a simple solution to a problem some may be struggling with.

I wouldn't call it bashing...

...and those who made less-than-sunshine-and-rainbow comments (who I suppose you're considering "bashers") increased views of your thread by at least 8000% and distributed it a much wider audience than it otherwise would have been.

/silverlining
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    :sick:
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options

I wouldn't call it bashing...

...and those who made less-than-sunshine-and-rainbow comments (who I suppose you're considering "bashers") increased views of your thread by at least 8000% and distributed it a much wider audience than it otherwise would have been.

/silverlining

Your wisdom Sir Jofj, never ceases to entertain me

*curtsie :flowerforyou:
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    No ™

Trademarks remain property of Crankstr, Inc, and are used only to directly describe the products being provided. Their use in no way indicates any relationship between the poster, and Crankstr, Inc.
  • karlalband
    karlalband Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Now I'm going to try it, thanks. I miss mac & Cheese!
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    This gives me the sads.

You can make a lower fat bechamel, top the whole thing with more cheese and bake. Still get the real cheese and deliciousness, but are able to control some fat and sodium. Win win.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    way to totally destroy mac and cheese..

tofu and kraft really..?????
    45_zps183cd0a7.gif
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

what problem are you solving?

one serving of mac and cheese is 150 calories….you concoction is 75…I would rather eat the real thing and find 75 calories in my day for the full serving of the real thing...
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    Oh man, I'm all for lower cal options normally but this can not be called mac and cheese.

Maybe shirataki and cheese would be more appropriate since that is what it is.
  • RedHotHunter
    RedHotHunter Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    What a coincidence!

I had a half serving of Kraft mac & cheese tonight with dinner...

...the kind that comes in a box and the cheese is powder...

...you know, like God intended.

LOL

Yes!
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    I love shirataki tofu noodles... but likely can't have Kraft 'Grated Cheese Product' as it proably has some sort of gluten/starch filler to keep it from clumping. Nothing wrong with Grana Padano though, just not as low in calories... :flowerforyou: Thanks, I might experiment with this yet.
  • slimbettie
    slimbettie Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Love me some mac and cheese now!
  • KseRz
    KseRz Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    Love me some mac and cheese now!

Im thinking we could add imitation crab meat to the recipe and call it a tuna casserole?
  • amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    Wow that sounds soooo good.... :noway:

This.

And seriously. Kraft cheese for mac and cheese? I dont even.
  • kirili3
    kirili3 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    For all the people who haven't tried it, you're welcome to your uninformed opinion but... it works.

I had konyakku with garlic and cheese, it tastes great and only has whatever calories that garlic and cheese have. 24 g of cheddar doesn't come up to much over 100 kcal.

Anyway, OP, thank you! And please ignore that strangely violent person up there. Some people can't express themselves without thinking about hitting people... it's their problem.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Here a lower cal mac n cheese that's actually good

http://modernistcuisine.com/recipes/silky-smooth-macaroni-and-cheese/
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options

what problem are you solving?

one serving of mac and cheese is 150 calories….you concoction is 75…I would rather eat the real thing and find 75 calories in my day for the full serving of the real thing...

150 calories?!?! You're doing it wrong too. My daughter wanted macaroni and cheese Monday night for her birthday. Mine is 500 orgasmic calories per serving. And I'd just stay fat if I had to trade it for this cheese sprinkled tofu abomination
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    I've done this before, and it really needs a cream element, or it's just a sticky mess. My 9 year old wouldn't even touch it.

The innuendos are not on purpose :)