Paleo or Low Carb?

Options

Replies

• countscalories
    countscalories Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Try drinking a tablespoon of chlorophyll twice a day in a glass of water. It really seems to help my weight loss/maintenance. I think carbs are okay as long as they arn't the white kind. White flour, potatoes and white rice etc... Also if they are in balance with enough fruit and veggies. I heard something funny once...that nobody ever gained weight eating fruits and veggies. I think that's true as long ad they aren't covered in tons of toppings! Paleo sounds good but to say you will never have any dairy ever again? rough

chlorophyll?????? what the hell...
  • AllyBlue77
    Options
    Try drinking a tablespoon of chlorophyll twice a day in a glass of water. It really seems to help my weight loss/maintenance. I think carbs are okay as long as they arn't the white kind. White flour, potatoes and white rice etc... Also if they are in balance with enough fruit and veggies. I heard something funny once...that nobody ever gained weight eating fruits and veggies. I think that's true as long ad they aren't covered in tons of toppings! Paleo sounds good but to say you will never have any dairy ever again? rough

i totally agree with that last statement about dairy...im a sucker for cheese.......

i have a headache now...i must make my mind up....and soon!
  • AllyBlue77
    Options

isn't chlorophyll like some sort of thing to drug people?
  • links_slayer
    links_slayer Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options

more like BOROphyll...
  • BlissfullyActice
    Options
    yes i am going to measure everything...... i guess i am understating the amount of cheese and nuts im eating!

cheese and nuts are great, usually low in carbs and higher in protein but also has lots of fats. I am big on peanut butter (natural) but I also realized sometimes with peanut butter I would go over my fat count. I also LOVE beans, and although they were high in protein also super high in carbs. I try stuff like tofu and seitaan (tofu in moderation) and sometimes cut out those things that made me go over in carbs (like I love bananas but some days I decide to go with other fruits.) Also try to have a carb aim for every meal, watching carbs are super important too in losing weight. Just work with your diet, mine still is not right, but even though my protein is not always up there, my carbs are lower now. So that's better than high carbs I was eating before.
  • countscalories
    countscalories Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    ZZZZZZZ
  • AllyBlue77
    Options

I just read about chlorophyll and it's natural benefits....sounds good: Detox, blood builder, weight loss and deodorizer...seems like a well rounded thing to me...it will make you stink less while you're at it.
  • AlishaRutledge25
    AlishaRutledge25 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I don't know much about either, but my sister is doing the 30 day challenge to re-train her body and taste buds. It sounds like a good plan. Its regular eating without all the preservatives. I think you could easily lose that if you tried it. It's not unhealthy or a magic pill. Just smarter eating! Good Luck!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options

I just read about chlorophyll and it's natural benefits....sounds good: Detox, blood builder, weight loss and deodorizer...seems like a well rounded thing to me...it will make you stink less while you're at it.

your body naturally detoxes itself..no need for any additional 'cleanse'…..
  • AllyBlue77
    Options
    I don't know much about either, but my sister is doing the 30 day challenge to re-train her body and taste buds. It sounds like a good plan. Its regular eating without all the preservatives. I think you could easily lose that if you tried it. It's not unhealthy or a magic pill. Just smarter eating! Good Luck!

yes Alisha, that's pretty much what i took from it. My girlfriends are telling me about the whole30 and it sounds pretty good. I also think that I in particular, am very dependent on artificial crap...be it splenda packets for coffee, or sugar free treats, or crystal light when attempting to drink water....

i think im going to go for it....
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    neither just eat within your calories and make some healthier choices for yourself you will loose it faster and be able to keep it off longer.
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    thanks,
    Just to give you a little background. Im a pretty hard worker, i guess when it comes to body and biology it's not as easy...?!
    I track, log etc.
    I guess i am looking for a magic trick..lol (deep down, i really was hoping for it) JK

I just thought maybe i'd change my diet a bit? and i really wanted ideas or possibly "ratings" for paleo. Sounds healthy to me but wanted to do my research before i jumped into it.

I'm still curious.....

eat in a calorie deficit…how you choose to create it - paleo, low carb, etc - is up to you, but just be aware that paleo or low carb is not going to melt off fat any faster then a regular calorie deficit…

Would you rather restrict certain food groups, or eat less of the foods you like and still lose weight?

I would suggest ..

get a food scale
    weigh/log/measure everything
    log consistently
    work out/move more < i prefer heavy lifting with compound movements but that is just me…
    set macro % to 40 protein, 30 carbs, 30 fats
    eat in a 500 calorie per day deficit…

defiantly! also I know the reason I was held back for so long is i thought I was eating 1 serving of something when really I wasn't the food scale is a game changer!
  • StephanieOugh2014
    StephanieOugh2014 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    You can buy it at a health food store. It's concentrated from alfalfa usually. Refrigerate after opening.
  • rm33064
    rm33064 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    This is a great article,http://authoritynutrition.com/23-studies-on-low-carb-and-low-fat-diets/ they are all real studies linked to the nih website. In a nutshell all of these studies showed the low carb groups lost significantly more weight than the low fat ones with no adverse health effects. Anyways no matter what diet you choose you will lose 1 pound for every 3500 calories you are in deficit. If you aren't then you most likely aren't being as accurate, honest, and consistent as possible. It's really just what you are most comfortable with. I find it much easier to keep my calories down without being hungry by eating low carb, but that's just me. Just remember it's calories in minus calories out no matter if carbs are involved or not.
  • AllyBlue77
    Options
    You can buy it at a health food store. It's concentrated from alfalfa usually. Refrigerate after opening.

i am on it!! thanks so much for the info. I really love it, im buying it. :-)
  • StephanieOugh2014
    StephanieOugh2014 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Chlorophyll (also chlorophyl) is a green pigment found in cyanobacteria and the chloroplasts of algae and plants. - Wikipedia
  • swanny320
    swanny320 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Eat SUPER CLEAN. Trust me when I say that if you eat really clean (and I mean NO processed crap at all) you will be shocked at how difficult it is to reach your calorie goal each day. When I eat super clean, I am full as can be and have eaten HALF the calories I do when I am throwing processed stuff in there.

People are so easily led to believe that certain processed food is healthy (those Luna and protein bars for example) but they aren't. If something has more than 5 ingredients in it, you probably shouldn't eat it if you're want to get serious about losing weight (and from a health standpoint, who wants all those chemicals anyway).

Give it a try. It's hard. Trust me...it's difficult to convince yourself that eating carrot sticks or cauliflower is going to be as wonderful as a bag of doritos...but eventually you stop wanting the junk.

Hope this helps.
  • AllyBlue77
    Options
    This is a great article,http://authoritynutrition.com/23-studies-on-low-carb-and-low-fat-diets/ they are all real studies linked to the nih website. In a nutshell all of these studies showed the low carb groups lost significantly more weight than the low fat ones with no adverse health effects. Anyways no matter what diet you choose you will lose 1 pound for every 3500 calories you are in deficit. If you aren't then you most likely aren't being as accurate, honest, and consistent as possible. It's really just what you are most comfortable with. I find it much easier to keep my calories down without being hungry by eating low carb, but that's just me. Just remember it's calories in minus calories out no matter if carbs are involved or not.

yeah i might be overeating and under tracking...:-) i tend not to eat big meals...so i guess im picking at stuff and that adds up....
  • AllyBlue77
    Options
    Eat SUPER CLEAN. Trust me when I say that if you eat really clean (and I mean NO processed crap at all) you will be shocked at how difficult it is to reach your calorie goal each day. When I eat super clean, I am full as can be and have eaten HALF the calories I do when I am throwing processed stuff in there.

People are so easily led to believe that certain processed food is healthy (those Luna and protein bars for example) but they aren't. If something has more than 5 ingredients in it, you probably shouldn't eat it if you're want to get serious about losing weight (and from a health standpoint, who wants all those chemicals anyway).

Give it a try. It's hard. Trust me...it's difficult to convince yourself that eating carrot sticks or cauliflower is going to be as wonderful as a bag of doritos...but eventually you stop wanting the junk.

Hope this helps.

awsome I will eat SUPER CLEAN... I think I have made up my mind. I guess i had never had a real problem with dieting and food until i hit 36...it's a game changer and i am not used to a slower metabolism, slower this slower that...LOL
    nothing good can be easy right? so i guess im gonna give it a go..

this did help... :-)
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options

Hope this helps.

what do you mean by clean? what do you define as processed?

please do not do this OP …eating clean has nothing to do with weight loss..

everything in moderation ….eat 80% healthy and 20% what you want = ice cream, cake, pizza, etc..

there are no bad foods, just food that your body uses for energy….