Does anyone eat whatever they want just within calories?

Options

Replies

• purple44444
    purple44444 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    For me it's about finding small changes that I can stick to. For right now it's simply staying under calorie goals, and that's working so far.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Yep. I've lost a few lbs that way.
  • Snow3y
    Snow3y Posts: 1,412 Member
    Options
    So most of u say it's ok to eat craP as long as ur with in ur cals?? That's crazy. If I wanted a big Mac at 700 calories and a doc pepper for another 200 and then a candy bar as long as I stay under my goal of 1300 that's ok? Wow I totally disagree

It's called eating in moderation, sweety.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    So most of u say it's ok to eat craP as long as ur with in ur cals?? That's crazy. If I wanted a big Mac at 700 calories and a doc pepper for another 200 and then a candy bar as long as I stay under my goal of 1300 that's ok? Wow I totally disagree

exactly..and why isn't it okay? You are getting protien and carbs from the big mac...I personally prefer the quarter pounder with a salad and diet coke...

I eat whatever I want, I watch my macros and usually hit them and stay in calorie goal and still eat chocolate everynight and since upping my calories towards maintenance I can even fit in ice cream (when I don't forget like I did last night....:grumble: )
  • Snow3y
    Snow3y Posts: 1,412 Member
    Options

exactly..and why isn't it okay? You are getting protien and carbs from the big mac...I personally prefer the quarter pounder with a salad and diet coke...

I eat whatever I want, I watch my macros and usually hit them and stay in calorie goal and still eat chocolate everynight and since upping my calories towards maintenance I can even fit in ice cream (when I don't forget like I did last night....:grumble: )

On point. :)

As long as you're getting in your daily nutrient requirements, it's A-Okay
  • midwestspitfire
    midwestspitfire Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Totally.
    I'm living for my strawberry shortcake this week.
    Hasn't slowed my progress down a bit.
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    This is a repeat zombie thread.

As for me, I've seen this stated before by someone else and it fits me exactly

"Yes I eat whatever I want, but the things I want have changed over time"

Basically I don't want junk food. Yes I'll eat the occasional sweet/treat without fear or guilt, but I just can't imagine eating the quantity of junk that I have in the past.
  • dkemple1
    dkemple1 Posts: 65
    Options
    Technically, yes, if you're eating foods within the confines of the calories you need to consume, you will lose weight. However, it's not just about the weight, it's about being healthy.
  • BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    yes within reason. i tend to avoid fast food, potato chips ect since they have such a low nutritional/calorie ratio
  • LaLaLovely76
    LaLaLovely76 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I did that a lot this past week and it showed on the scale. I only lost 1.2 pounds as opposed to losing between 2 & 2.5 pounds/week.
  • RachelSD7
    RachelSD7 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Yes and no. I find you can eat more salad than you can cake. I hate being hungry, and love milking each calorie for everything it's worth. So if I can "cheat" my diet by stuffing myself on a hot tuna salad, or feel miserable nibbling one square of chocolate (for the same calories) I know which one I'd choose!
  • spara0038
    spara0038 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Sometimes do, but for the most part I try to make a conscious effort to eat healthy and at least avoid processed carbs. As much as I love bagels, I try to limit it to a small one (I'm lucky my grocery store- Wegmans- has started offering mini bagels!) or half of a dunkin donuts sized one. That would only be about 100-200 calories for that portion, but they still would make me bloat out and look like I'm pregnant. TOTALLY not worth it, in my opinion. Same goes for soda- I rarely ever drink that anymore.

Also, I feel like I can be a lot more full on healthier foods rather than unhealthy foods. I quite often eat spinach salads with chicken for lunch, for about 300 calories. If I was to go down the road, I could grab a burger for 500 or so. I could fit both into my calories, but with the burger I'd feel like crap and I wouldn't be as full later on. So, I'd use up more calories and feel less full... no thanks! I'm making it a lifestyle change, so I'm getting used to (and actually enjoying) healthy food now. :-)
  • Jestinia
    Jestinia Posts: 1,154 Member
    Options
    No. I'm a greedy pig, and when I want cookies, I want the plural, and lots of them. Not 'cookie'.

But I am trying to work something out where I can have two days of much higher calories and include some garbage foods by using intermittent fasting and very healthy eating the rest of the week.
  • arabianhorselover
    arabianhorselover Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    Sometimes do, but for the most part I try to make a conscious effort to eat healthy and at least avoid processed carbs. As much as I love bagels, I try to limit it to a small one (I'm lucky my grocery store- Wegmans- has started offering mini bagels!) or half of a dunkin donuts sized one. That would only be about 100-200 calories for that portion, but they still would make me bloat out and look like I'm pregnant. TOTALLY not worth it, in my opinion. Same goes for soda- I rarely ever drink that anymore.

Also, I feel like I can be a lot more full on healthier foods rather than unhealthy foods. I quite often eat spinach salads with chicken for lunch, for about 300 calories. If I was to go down the road, I could grab a burger for 500 or so. I could fit both into my calories, but with the burger I'd feel like crap and I wouldn't be as full later on. So, I'd use up more calories and feel less full... no thanks! I'm making it a lifestyle change, so I'm getting used to (and actually enjoying) healthy food now. :-)

I love whole wheat bagels, but they have so many calories!
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    I focus on nutrient density and not trivial words like "good" Or "bad" . I aim to meet my macro/micronutrient goals. I've used this method throughout my weight loss to make conscious decisions about my intake without having to eliminate foods from my diet. All the foods!!
  • Ldysw357
    Ldysw357 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I eat what I want, which most days is actually much healthier just given the fact that I don't want to eat my days worth of calories in one meal, but like last night, I had Taco Bell and even had enough calories to enjoy a Baja Blast Freeze. This morning I'm down 1.1 lbs :)
  • jetlbomb
    jetlbomb Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    This will work to a point. Get used to cutting your calories then start thinking about getting better quality calories. You'll be fuller if you eat better food so don't get disheartened if you 'eat what you want' within your calories and don't feel you're getting enough food. You'll just need to start thinking about getting more lean proteins, wholegrains etc.
  • novembersuse
    novembersuse Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Sometimes, yeah! Occasionally not eat anything all day, then have a McDonald's or something equally junky. It amazes me that I can log this stuff and still finish up under my calorie allowance for the day. Mostly I'd rather eat sensibly though, and not starve/binge just to sneak in something like that.
  • hepburna
    hepburna Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Within reason, I gave up Big Macs and soda and replaced them with hamburgers and seltzer. But portion control is really my main thing now. I tried eating all healthy food and my motivation was gone. Now if I want a cookie, I only eat 3/4 of my lunch sandwich and eat the cookie. I stay under 1700 calories and I am gradually losing weight and still eating the foods I like. I did cut out most carbohydrates from breakfast because I never really ate breakfast and now I have a large water, green tea and a large apple. It's an amazing wake up breakfast. Its also super fast to make.