Shorties (5'3 and under) where do you gain your weight?

Options

Replies

• melabez
    melabez Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Definitely my lower tummy area...I get the pouch haha and love handles. It's so annoying because when I gain a lot of weight I feel like I can't just wear a simple t-shirt because my stomach looks horrible under it!
  • LittleBallofFurr
    LittleBallofFurr Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    5'3 and it all sits on my tummy or arms :(
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    My weight is always predominantly in my tummy to the point where I look pregnant. Now, yes, I gain weight all over, but the bulk of it is belly. Is that a shorty thing? Or do you gain your weight elsewhere?
    Where you gain has more to do with body shape than height.

I'm a 5'3" hourglass and I gain pretty evenly everywhere.
  • Chloe0602
    Chloe0602 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and it all goes to my stomach, hips and thighs first!:cry:
  • RozayJones
    RozayJones Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I use to gain it all in my butt/hips. The older I get it's in my belly!
  • littlelaura
    littlelaura Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    I stay skinny on top and in my legs but gain in kinda like I am wearing a tire inner tube lol completely around the middle, butt, hips and tummy.
  • california_haley
    california_haley Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Mine tends to be mostly all over, my thighs, tummy and chest.
  • RozayJones
    RozayJones Posts: 409 Member
    Options

First I have to shop in the 3 stores that have "short" sizes... and then the tummy? Shakin my head..... :D

^^^ Hahaha that is so true!
  • Lindaspencer
    Lindaspencer Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Im 5ft 2 - and a moment on the lips is a lifetime on the hips lol - not really i know - but that saying feels like what happens to me - im pear shaped though - small waist - big butt and hips - i always feel like i have whats referred to as saddlebags :( tummy is relatively flat (normal pooch) especially considering 3 kids
  • rathimani
    rathimani Posts: 15
    Options
    Belly and the boobs :( *sigh* ... I look tiny overall, except for my tummy. I am 5'2 and CW is 143, GW is 120
  • missjones513
    missjones513 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I'm 4'11. I gain in my stomach and thighs.
  • BamaBreezeNSaltAire
    BamaBreezeNSaltAire Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Thighs and gut is the last to go and first to gain. Boobs always the first to go.
  • msthang444
    msthang444 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Definitely my lower tummy area...I get the pouch haha and love handles. It's so annoying because when I gain a lot of weight I feel like I can't just wear a simple t-shirt because my stomach looks horrible under it!

That's sooooo me! I look like I have a crumpled up paper bag under my shirt.
  • sumthnncredible
    sumthnncredible Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    5'3 I gain weight in my arms, thighs, belly and butt. I already have a big back side, but it gets really huge when I gain weight.
  • StraubreyR
    StraubreyR Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Thighs and gut is the last to go and first to gain. Boobs always the first to go.

This. I'm 5' 2". I feel like I gain somewhat all over, but mostly belly and thighs.
  • samco66
    samco66 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    My weight is always predominantly in my tummy to the point where I look pregnant. Now, yes, I gain weight all over, but the bulk of it is belly. Is that a shorty thing? Or do you gain your weight elsewhere?

I think its more of a body type thing. for example, im not short ( 5"5) but i also gain in my tummy. I have never been overweight or anything but when i was not working out any weight i gained was in my lower stomach and boobs . thoes are really the only places i gain fat the most
  • amandamaynv
    amandamaynv Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    5'1 here I hold most of my weight in my hips, butt and thighs. But I've recently started gaining in my stomach probably because my bottom is so big!
  • JenJBS
    JenJBS Posts: 83
    Options
    I gain weight in my middle - belly and love handles. I'm 4'11"
  • chele1028
    chele1028 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Belly, boobs and hips.
  • ssmaling
    ssmaling Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1.5" and it all goes to my hips and butt!