Weighing daily - secrets I've discovered

Options
I've been logging my weight daily for some time and plotting it on an excel chart. I know that my weight fluctuates so I decided to log daily so I could see patterns that emerge - it would help me do the right thing day after day.

I added my calories to help with pattern recognition after a few weeks
Then I added exercise
Then my water consumption.
Then my macros instead of just calories
Then categorised exercise as weights vs. cardio
Then quality of sleep - then quantity

After several months of logging I've concluded that:
- protein shakes and cardio on tuesdays lead to a weight loss as long as I have less than 7 hours of restless sleep.
- however if I have brocolli or it's a full mooon then my weight goes up.
- If I lift heavy on a Tuesday then I will gain weight the next day but lose weight on Friday as long as I don't have scrambled eggs on Wednesday - having them on Thursday is ok as long as my chicken salad has cherry tomatoes.
- 4 cups of tea a day are ok as long as they're from my Mr Tickle mug, if I have them from the blue mug then I'll gain weight.

I think I need to put this down in a secrets of weight loss book, this stuff is gold dust, I could make a fortune from this scientific research.

Replies

• CynthiaT60
    CynthiaT60 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Excellent. Let me know when your business is set up and I'll sent you my data. :happy:
  • Tillyecl1
    Tillyecl1 Posts: 189 Member
    Options

- 4 cups of tea a day are ok as long as they're from my Mr Tickle mug, if I have them from the blue mug then I'll gain weight.

For a Brit this is very important information, get it out there!! Now where did I put that Mr Tickle mug...?
  • bethira
    bethira Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    It's truly no crazier than most of the broscience permeating this forum. Thanks for the giggle.

Also, are you going to start manufacturing and selling the Mr. Tickle mug? I feel that it's very selfish of you to keep the secret of the Mr. Tickle mug to yourself and not share with the world.
  • Kowent
    Kowent Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Thank you for this. You made my morning.:laugh:
  • Rachifloon
    Rachifloon Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I would buy 100 Mr. Tickle mugs.
  • reojames
    reojames Posts: 96
    Options
    May be the best post ever on MFP. Hilarious and makes an excellent point!
  • Padzster
    Padzster Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Brilliant! You're a genius! :laugh:
    Do you lose weight quicker if you always start off on your left foot? What about on Thursdays?
  • motivatedmartha
    motivatedmartha Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    I want to try the Mr Tickle diet - I've heard it's really good and will help me lose 10lbs a week. I know it's a bit radical but what do you guys think?
  • fairyface87
    fairyface87 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Haha! That's brilliant! :laugh:
  • bethlaf
    bethlaf Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg
  • Wonderob
    Wonderob Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    I've been logging my weight daily for some time and plotting it on an excel chart. I know that my weight fluctuates so I decided to log daily so I could see patterns that emerge - it would help me do the right thing day after day.

I added my calories to help with pattern recognition after a few weeks
    Then I added exercise
    Then my water consumption.
    Then my macros instead of just calories
    Then categorised exercise as weights vs. cardio
    Then quality of sleep - then quantity

After several months of logging I've concluded that:
    - protein shakes and cardio on tuesdays lead to a weight loss as long as I have less than 7 hours of restless sleep.
    - however if I have brocolli or it's a full mooon then my weight goes up.
    - If I lift heavy on a Tuesday then I will gain weight the next day but lose weight on Friday as long as I don't have scrambled eggs on Wednesday - having them on Thursday is ok as long as my chicken salad has cherry tomatoes.

I think I need to put this down in a secrets of weight loss book, this stuff is gold dust, I could make a fortune from this scientific research.

You're funny Steve, but you are a bit fat aren't you?
  • Sooz1965
    Sooz1965 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I think I love you ……
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    Finally, someone gets it! :smile:
  • lujako
    lujako Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Dude, you summed it up perfectly!

Blue Skies! :drinker:
  • Tippy05
    Tippy05 Posts: 43
    Options
    I love it!
  • perseverance14
    perseverance14 Posts: 1,364 Member
    Options
    Can you do mine too? Pretty please? :)
  • slouw10
    slouw10 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    HAHA! Great post!! I found if I remove the toddler from the scale then my daily weight also tend to drop, I can not understand why...?:wink:
  • cajmanthei
    cajmanthei Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    HaHa!! Loved this. Thanks. Now we know the secrets!
  • WanderingPomme
    WanderingPomme Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    That is awesome data collection. Thanks for sharing the secrets!

Now, I MUST know....

Where can I get a Mr. Tickle mug? It's imperative that I get one.