May Walking Challenge 2014

Options
CricketKate
CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
This is continued from previous Walking Challenges, but it’s nice when each month has its own thread.

*** Anyone can join in at any time. The more the merrier, let’s keep each other motivated****

Walking seems like the easiest way to start getting exercise, and even if you can't track distance (or don't want to), tracking time is good too...go for a 10 min walk after dinner, or up it to 30 minutes, you'll be amazed at the end of the month how much more exercise your getting in. :)

Check in everyday with how far you walked or how long, this is just to motivate us to get in at least some exercise every day, and keep an eye on each other.

I want to try to keep this mostly to walking or walking type exercising. Treadmills and elliptical are A-OK.

Hope to see some more faces in this challenge; we'll start tracking May 1st.

Replies

• ushkii
    ushkii Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I am in. Just loaded MapMyWalk app on my Samsung Android S2 and it uploads to MFP so I am set!
  • brittneyleighphotography
    Options
    Count me in. This works perfectly as I am a part of my work's walkathon for the month of May. Did 3 walks today totalling 50 mins. Was able to do 2.6 miles total.
  • tldiet
    tldiet Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I would love to join in. Walked 25 mins so far this am and hope to get in at least another 30 when I get home. Thanks for the opportunity
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    I'm in for May :bigsmile:
  • loricpyles
    loricpyles Posts: 1
    Options
    I NEED some motivation! Hopefully this will help.:smile:
  • kathrineb57
    kathrineb57 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hi to my new walking friend, :flowerforyou:
    I am in for May,too! I really enjoyed hanging out in April. And it sure did make me accountable for getting those steps in and and the walking workouts too. Looking forward to the comrade and moral support.:bigsmile:
    By the way, would someone wake up Mother Nature and tell her it is Springtime. Old man winter, is still creeping around here and I am not getting in the walks I want outdoors. :laugh:

Be healthy and be strong,

Kathrine from Kansas
  • prawny1967
    prawny1967 Posts: 17
    Options
    Can anyone tell me how to get invlved in the challenges, still very new to MFP!
  • OldHobo
    OldHobo Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    I wanna play too! :smile:
  • slouw10
    slouw10 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I would like to join for May please!!!! Do we log anywhere - or how do you go about it?:flowerforyou:
  • BobbieLee1959
    BobbieLee1959 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Count me in! :) I wanna walk 70 miles this month...:) I think I can, I think I can, I think I can~thanks for the challenge!! Will let you know how it goes!
  • RealRelicVa
    RealRelicVa Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Im a little late to the party, but count me in please.
  • chattyyaz7
    chattyyaz7 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I want to do this too!!! But how does it work exactly o.O
  • JOEYJACKMOM
    JOEYJACKMOM Posts: 72
    Options
    I'm in! I need some motivation to get my booty moving a lot more than I have been.

Thanks for doing this!
  • Monkey_Business
    Monkey_Business Posts: 1,800 Member
    Options
    I am so in! Do have a question: Where would you like us to log our steps/mileage at? I have a Fitbit flex so I can be fairly accurate.
  • BigVeggieDream
    BigVeggieDream Posts: 1,101 Member
    Options
    What's the format for posting?
  • Rebamae
    Rebamae Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    I am in also! The sun is shining and the wind is not blowing - so maybe I can walk outside!!
  • asaber13
    asaber13 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am in! I too have MapMyWalk,so I am excited to try it.
  • tldiet
    tldiet Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    30 mins in before work (1.5 miles) and planning on 30 mins after goal is 100 miles in May :smile:
  • LinziT123
    LinziT123 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    im in! 15 mins done so far today, will do another 15 tonight! xx
  • melmazzarachio
    melmazzarachio Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm in for May:)