Replies

• zippyjojo
    zippyjojo Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    My first LOL of the day - thanks!
  • WW_Jude_V2
    WW_Jude_V2 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I've been logging my weight daily for some time and plotting it on an excel chart. I know that my weight fluctuates so I decided to log daily so I could see patterns that emerge - it would help me do the right thing day after day.

I added my calories to help with pattern recognition after a few weeks
    Then I added exercise
    Then my water consumption.
    Then my macros instead of just calories
    Then categorised exercise as weights vs. cardio
    Then quality of sleep - then quantity

After several months of logging I've concluded that:
    - protein shakes and cardio on tuesdays lead to a weight loss as long as I have less than 7 hours of restless sleep.
    - however if I have brocolli or it's a full mooon then my weight goes up.
    - If I lift heavy on a Tuesday then I will gain weight the next day but lose weight on Friday as long as I don't have scrambled eggs on Wednesday - having them on Thursday is ok as long as my chicken salad has cherry tomatoes.
    - 4 cups of tea a day are ok as long as they're from my Mr Tickle mug, if I have them from the blue mug then I'll gain weight.

I think I need to put this down in a secrets of weight loss book, this stuff is gold dust, I could make a fortune from this scientific research.

I absolutely adore this! I am borrowing it to send to the weight loss support group I run at the office. I just told them about MFP on Wednesday so this will be another reason for them to come and check this out.

Happy Friday to you! :heart:
  • steve2kay
    steve2kay Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I call BS!!! I used my Mr. Tickle mug every day and gained weight! Then I stopped putting sugar in my tea and lost! Sugar is the enemy!

wwl.mr_men.mr_tickle.left.jpg

you're using the Mr Tickle bulking mug - it's an easy mistake to make - you probably need another column on your spreadsheet to track correctly. Simply buy my 2014 calendar to get the correct mug details.
  • GretaGirl8
    GretaGirl8 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    funny...but on a serious note...do not discount the effects of the full moon...
  • bjkidfun
    bjkidfun Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    This just made my morning! A bright spot in some very nasty threads!

This, I love it too.
    Brenda
  • Wonderob
    Wonderob Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options

you're using the Mr Tickle bulking mug - it's an easy mistake to make - you probably need another column on your spreadsheet to track correctly. Simply buy my 2014 calendar to get the correct mug details.

Now wait a minute! It's gone from being a useful piece of shared advice to being a full on marketing campaign!

You've sold out already man! How long before the 'Steve Doll' is on our shelves!

$T2eC16Z,!yoFIfFDu,PKBSPJszPHtw~~60_35.JPG
  • Cavacarkid
    Cavacarkid Posts: 1
    Options
    Hahahaahah!
  • Zx14chick
    Zx14chick Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    LOVE! Thank you so much for this! I initially thought it was serious, but quickly realized it was satire. Another reason I love the British. I'm so looking forward to seeing my British friends at the end of this month!
  • michelle_816
    michelle_816 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the laugh this morning :) Love it!
  • serindipte
    serindipte Posts: 1,557 Member
    Options
    I call BS!!! I used my Mr. Tickle mug every day and gained weight! Then I stopped putting sugar in my tea and lost! Sugar is the enemy!

wwl.mr_men.mr_tickle.left.jpg

OMG you're right!!! Thank you! I lost two pounds in the last half hour just from switching to the other Mr. Tickle mug!
  • steve2kay
    steve2kay Posts: 194 Member
    Options

Now wait a minute! It's gone from being a useful piece of shared advice to being a full on marketing campaign!

You've sold out already man! How long before the 'Steve Doll' is on our shelves!

It's a good question, and one I answer in my upcoming ebook "Mr Ticklemug - how I made my fortune" - pre-order it now.

eta: don't take my word for it, here is a recent endorsement of my programme from a satisfied customer "OMG you're right!!! Thank you! I lost two pounds in the last half hour "
  • WandaMM1
    WandaMM1 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    This is perfect. I've been caught in analysis paralysis myself a time or two.
  • CocoaBeautiful
    CocoaBeautiful Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    LOL good post! I've been soooooo guilty! Makes me realize how stupid it is!
  • NikkiRaeLucas
    NikkiRaeLucas Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Thank you for a great LOL! Have a great weekend everyone and a happy, healthy life!
  • MissJenniLee
    MissJenniLee Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself daily. I feel it gives me a better idea of my current standings. I also weigh myself multiple times a day knowing that It fluctuates. I feel it benefits me on many levels. 1. get a more accurate read out of my current weight; 2. keeps me on track because I see too much of a gain, I bust butt to burn it off (even if it's not needed); 3. Gave me a better idea of how and when my body gains and loses weight.

I think they say you shouldn't weigh yourself more than once a week because some people may see a fluctuation and freak. But I say too many people have little faith in others. A little common sense and logic goes a long way.
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    Weighing daily has helped me discover that salad and water leave me 5lb up and the duvet hovering, but my patented "beer and pizza cleanse" brings about a record low on the scales.
  • Wonderob
    Wonderob Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options

It's a good question, and one I answer in my upcoming ebook "Mr Ticklemug - how I made my fortune" - pre-order it now.

eta: don't take my word for it, here is a recent endorsement of my programme from a satisfied customer "OMG you're right!!! Thank you! I lost two pounds in the last half hour "

I know you're busy but could I trouble you for a couple of pages as a preface in my forthcoming biography 'The fall and rise of Mr Ticklmug'? Nothing deep, just something along the lines of "I wasn't equipped to handle all the fame and fortune; I should never have forgotten the little people as I scrambled on the backs up the ladder of success"
  • slimmerang
    slimmerang Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Great post! Love the humor! Thanks for a smile today!
  • srmchan
    srmchan Posts: 206 Member
    Options

Yer killin' me!

Sam
    PS I have a great idea for a Mr Ticklemug app. It will make BILLIONS!
  • cweinhaus
    cweinhaus Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Perfectly summed up trying to figure out what makes you lose weight … if I drink a large glass of water and lie down on my left side for 1 hour, I can lose up to a pound! Isn't that amazing. Now, if I drank it from a Tickle Mug, maybe it would make a massive difference!!! I'll have to try it.