75cal mac and cheese

Options
1235»

Replies

• jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Lot of stores have them especially if they sell Oriental foods. usually theyare refridgerated. But the best place that I use is online Miracle noodles. They are a great no/low cal , no carb replacement for pasta.

I've heard about these "miracle noodles". I always thought they were named that because it's a miracle that anyone a) likes them, or b) considers them a food.
  • climbing_trees
    climbing_trees Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Miracle noodles taste like garbage.

Get yourself a spiral slicer and make noodles out of zucchini!
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    Lot of stores have them especially if they sell Oriental foods. usually theyare refridgerated. But the best place that I use is online Miracle noodles. They are a great no/low cal , no carb replacement for pasta.

I've heard about these "miracle noodles". I always thought they were named that because it's a miracle that anyone a) likes them, or b) considers them a food.

I had them once. I marinated a steak in garlic, soy sauce and sesame oil and then cooked it in a hot cast iron skillet. I then doused the "noodles" in sesame oil and fried them in the pan with all the steak juice still in it. They were pretty good actually. They tasted like steak and sesame oil.
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    Miracle noodles taste like garbage.

Get yourself a spiral slicer and make noodles out of zucchini!

Yeah because zucchini is just the thing when you want pasta.......... LOL
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    This was only 1500 cals

IMG_20130801_185524.jpg
  • a_stronger_me13
    a_stronger_me13 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Because some of us can't eat 500 calories per meal. Just sayin'.

You're doing it wrong.

*Edited to fix quote.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    This was only 1500 cals

IMG_20130801_185524.jpg

tumblr_lgmeuoVW2F1qbo6afo1_500.gif
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    one serving of mac and cheese is 150 calories….you concoction is 75…I would rather eat the real thing and find 75 calories in my day for the full serving of the real thing...

This. One really *BIG* serving of my homemade mac and cheese (could easily be leaned down by leaving out the butter, using skim milk instead of cream and even halving the amount of breadcrumbs on top) is 264 and it would take less time to make than rinsing and drying those nasty 'noodles'.

It is NOT hard to make room for 200 calories in a your macros. It just takes a little planning ahead.
  • Mygsds
    Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    I'm lazy, if I want mac and cheese I use macaroni, tostitos cheese sauce for nachos and mix. Make as little or as much as you want. I know not the gourmet recipe but it works....
  • BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    This was only 1500 cals

IMG_20130801_185524.jpg

you asshat, i just ate lunch and now im hungry again
  • snappyapples
    Options
    you know you dont have to evenly distribute your cals, right? just sayin'.

Yup, I do know that :). I just prefer to keep my meals slightly lower fat and cal than traditional mac n cheese. And to have a bit of variety. And honestly, it's working just fine for me. I've lost 15 lbs in just under 3 months and couldn't be happier with the way I'm doing it and my progress. My diaries open (though don't judge by yesterday, I was rather depressed due to it being my dad's first birthday since he passed away and had a hard time eating), so you can see that I don't restrict myself. I just like to keep things on the smaller side. Thanks for your concern.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    This was only 1500 cals

IMG_20130801_185524.jpg

tumblr_lgmeuoVW2F1qbo6afo1_500.gif

Jeezus this^ It's the most appropriate response to that sandwich
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    you know you dont have to evenly distribute your cals, right? just sayin'.

^Agreed. My meals aren't evenly portioned. My diary is broken up into 6 meal sections and they vary a lot. I've had days where one meal is 1000cals and the rest ranging between 100-300.

Basically, you could have a smaller portion or just make it work for that day.
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    I'm lazy, if I want mac and cheese I use macaroni, tostitos cheese sauce for nachos and mix. Make as little or as much as you want. I know not the gourmet recipe but it works....

This made me die a little inside.....

However, now I'm jonesing for tortilla chips and cheese sauce.....
  • dennik15
    dennik15 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    How bout if oyu don't like the idea don't eat it. No need to bash me. I was just offering a simple solution to a problem some may be struggling with.

what problem are you solving?

one serving of mac and cheese is 150 calories….you concoction is 75…I would rather eat the real thing and find 75 calories in my day for the full serving of the real thing...

150 calories?!?! You're doing it wrong too. My daughter wanted macaroni and cheese Monday night for her birthday. Mine is 500 orgasmic calories per serving. And I'd just stay fat if I had to trade it for this cheese sprinkled tofu abomination

i just looked it up and that is what the box says….

Mine doesn't come from a box.

Mac & cheese snob.

<or>

That's macaroni & cheesist!

Check your privilege.

This just made me snort water, thank God I missed the keyboard. I've already destroyed a 10-key with water snorting this week.

Call me a macaroni & cheesist too b/c mine is from scratch with a lovely creamy bechamel filled with extra sharp cheddar and mozzarella. Top it off with crushed ritz and it is heaven in a bowl. Had some just the other night but made it better with spicy italian sausage. Mmmmmm, damn now I want some.
  • eimaj5575
    eimaj5575 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    1 pkg House food tofu shirataki noodles (macaroni shaped) (40cal)
    2 Tbsp Kraft grated cheddar cheese (looks like Parmesan but is cheddar) (35 cal)

Rince noodles and then pan fry in a bit of water, after a few minutes add the cheese and let simmer until not watery anymore. Add pepper to taste.

I experimented with this today and it was actually pretty good! Not as good as real mac and cheese of course but great if you need something low in calories and takes less than 10min. You could even adjust the amount of cheese to suit you.

Those noodles are gross and rubbery. Tried them last night. Never again.
  • Mygsds
    Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options

This made me die a little inside.....

However, now I'm jonesing for tortilla chips and cheese sauce.....

Nope not the same as the Real deal. Have made that many times and absolutely love it, but if I'm in a time crunch this work.... Don't die until you try it. My husband puts crumbled bacon in it. I know not the same..
  • crevices
    crevices Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    kraft wins my heart over everytime nothing beats my little blue boxes of artificial goodness sorry :brokenheart:
  • SomeNights246
    SomeNights246 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    This was only 1500 cals

IMG_20130801_185524.jpg

That is sinful. That's what that is.

But somehow still has me drooling like Pavlov's dogs. Darn you.