Hurtful messages

Options
13»

Replies

• itsbella
    itsbella Posts: 1,101
    Options
    Small people - Small minds ... dont let it get you down.....weight train and bash em down...or do what I do..threaten to fall on them !!

Keep your chin up !

Love it!
  • overit
    overit Posts: 273
    Options
    I am sorry that happened. That is awful. This site is so supportive, don't let some idiot bring you down!
  • vivandtom
    Options
    haven't had any yet but I am new to this. Take no notice of them if they have nothing better to do than that they are a bit sad:smile:

Viv
  • pitapocket
    pitapocket Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Small people - Small minds ... dont let it get you down.....weight train and bash em down...or do what I do..threaten to fall on them !!

Keep your chin up !

Love it!

Love this also. Don't give it a second thought, thankfully there are more nice people than mean people in this world. Focus on the positive and forget about the rest of the crap.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Has anyone else gotten hurtful messages in their inbox? I checked the profile of the sender and it said they had deleted their account. The message simple say :

"Lose some weight fatty!"

How is that supposed to do anything? I think its ridiculous and I dont even know the person who sent it.

Anyone else have a problem with that? :cry:

The problem with a free site is anyone can come in and act the fool. IF it was a regular I would say to report it, but seems to be a butthead that was looking to be stupid. Just think, it was likely a 10 year old!

Your beautiful and I cannot wait to see what you accomplish on here
  • PearlMarie_3gen_11484
    Options
    That is messed up. No I have not gotten a message like that from any one. You are doing fabulous!:flowerforyou: Keep your chin up. The way I see it is that, that person had some major issues with themselves and instead of taking it out on him/her self they decided to take it out on you which is not right.:mad: Sorry it makes me mad that someone would to that to you or anyone else for that matter. You are doing fantastic keep up the great work and don't worry what other people say or do. It's your journey not theirs. :heart:
    868001.png
  • donbogi
    donbogi Posts: 175
    Options
    It's a shame that there are individuals out there who would do something like that! Please continue doing what you are doing and your journey will lead you to a healthier and new you!

I believe in bad karma - and people like that don't go very far!

Cheers and Happy New Year!
    Don
  • beyondchowhound
    beyondchowhound Posts: 2,102 Member
    Options
    I was thinking you should report it to Mike the Administrator. I talked my mom and good friend into joining and would hate for them to get this kind of message but then I read one of the posts that said it was probably a 10 year old and I think she's right. Probably a kid wrote that while he was fooling around with his friends. If it happens again, report it otherwise just....forget about it.
  • MarkHarrisonUK
    Options
    I write this as someone old enough to be your father.

My experience of insults over the years is that they come, in the main, from people who are envious.

You are young and attractive. This makes you a target in the eyes of many.

You are registered with myfitnesspal, and your profile tells us that you want to lose some weight.

That's given the envious enough information to work out what kind of insult might actually hurt you.

We learn, therefore, that there are nasty, envious people out there, who would rather throw insults than contribute. This has always been the way of things.

Don't let it upset you (yes, I know it's about 1,000,000 times as easy for us to tell you this as it is for you to carry it out!)
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    My favorite saying...Words only have the power you give them.

...and the thought that karma will reincarnate that person as a dung beetle.
  • Loves418
    Loves418 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I didn't get one either too bad the account was closed I would have loved to blast them it cracks me up actually and lets off some steam. I guess that is the NY girl in me. Don't let it get to you it is usually dumb teenagers. I do ChaCha from home and you should see what these kids text in I just laugh it off and wonder how special their parents must feel to have raised kids like that...Smile and remember we are here for you!
  • MadisonLeavens
    MadisonLeavens Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I always feel sorry for those individuals that are so messed up that the only way to feel good about themselves is to belittle someone else, and the only way they can do so is to do so anonomously. You are so much better and stronger than they. :flowerforyou:
  • millermichellelea
    Options
    Can you imagine the free time someone has on their hands to create an account, leave hurtful messages then delete it in hopes that someone may feel hurt? What a loser! This person was so lonely and sad that they have to try to annoy others just to feel somewhat good about themselves. They are probably playing 'World of Warcraft' right now in their mother's basement and took time off from fixing their balding comb-over and eating Cheetos to send that message. You should feel pity for them, they could use it.

LOL......DIDO....this matches my thoughts exactly!!!
  • MargieNgainesville
    Options
    Dorrie is a great motivator - "Just Keep Swimming" is a good mantra to have on hand. You are beautiful and you are young. Do it now so you have the rest of your life to enjoy feeling good and being able to buy the clothes you want, not just what happens to fit. People that are cruel are normally either very unhappy or very insecure themselves. The Bible would tell us to pray for them. Being overweight and female in our society is tough (I'm sure it is tough for the guys to, but I can only speak from the female side). My weight and fear of rejection of ugly remarks by people (who either do not know me, or really don't matter) has kept me from doing so many things in life. I am here to change all of that, but I am doing it at 53. Thankfully you are doing it now and not wasting the extra 30 years. Best wishes to you... Know that you can do anything you put your mind too... come to those who care and a have been there for support... forget the jerks of the world - they are not worth the time and for sure are worth any tears.
  • TK266
    TK266 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Options
    In a year you will be thinner and the person who wrote the message will still be stupid.
  • Kath712
    Kath712 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    That's horrible. Probably some pathetic mama's boy that still lives at home in his mom's basement at the age of 42. Don't take it to heart. The person in real life would not be worth your thoughts.

OMG - this is great! As others have said, it was obviously sent by someone with zero social skills or morals. Forget them and move on.
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    Has anyone else gotten hurtful messages in their inbox? I checked the profile of the sender and it said they had deleted their account. The message simple say :

How is that supposed to do anything? I think its ridiculous and I dont even know the person who sent it.

Maybe that would be hurtful if it just wasn't so dumb. Coming on to a site devoted to health, fitness and fat loss and telling someone to...lose some weight? Errrr, well that's kinda the point right? It's a bit like going to a bar and saying "have a drink, sonny!" Why thank you, don't mind if I do...

If brains were dynamite this joker couldn't blow their nose. I can see why they ran off so quickly though. Overweight is temporary. Ugly is foreveeeeeeeer ;)
  • brittlynne3579
    brittlynne3579 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

Maybe that would be hurtful if it just wasn't so dumb. Coming on to a site devoted to health, fitness and fat loss and telling someone to...lose some weight? Errrr, well that's kinda the point right? It's a bit like going to a bar and saying "have a drink, sonny!" Why thank you, don't mind if I do...

If brains were dynamite this joker couldn't blow their nose. I can see why they ran off so quickly though. Overweight is temporary. Ugly is foreveeeeeeeer ;)
    [/quote]

Hilarious..love it!
  • SillySarah
    Options

Probably a troll. The irony of these types of attacks are that the perpetrator is usually hypocritically pointing out flaws that they too possess.

Just ignore these types. They are just looking to get a rise out of you.