Vixen&Foxes: Valentine's Challange

Options

Replies

• acarter72
    acarter72 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    When is your wedding in August? My DH and I will be celebrating 10 years of marriage on Aug. 11th! Does not seen that long -congrats on the engagement and upcoming wedding. Hope we can make our mini-goal by Vday!
  • acarter72
    Options
    Not sure why my posts are posting twice????
  • acarter72
    Options
    Mbodine-here is my info and I am so happy to be in the group!

Starting weight- 175
    Goal weight-165 by vday

Thank you!!!!

Anne :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • shakemybooty
    shakemybooty Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    I'm in!

CW:146
    GW:140 by V-Day
  • WarmDontBurn
    WarmDontBurn Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    I wasn't in the old group but I am up for anything that gets and keeps me motivated!!

CW - 144.6lbs
    GW for Valentine's - 138

Sad that, that was the weight I was at before I goofed :sad:
    I would have been at goal had I stuck to it.

New Year, New Me and I am LOSING IT IN '11!!
  • DrumlineGirl
    DrumlineGirl Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Ok, my weigh in day is today!

My current weight is 126.6

My goal for Valentine's day is 120.6
    That would be an awesome weight for me!!!
  • acarter72
    Options
    Hi everybody!!!!

Let's introduce ourselves so we can get to know one another better.

Here is my bio-

Name-Anne
    Age-38
    Location-Virginia
    Current weight- 175
    Mini-goal -160

Runner since April 2009 and competing since Nov. 2009. I began running to get the high calorie burn but ended up loving it more than I could imagine and today I run 20-25 miles a week. I love to meet-up with my local running group on Saturday mornings for long runs or join friends for runs. I still love the calorie burn but it gives me more than I could imagine. I gained 50lbs post pregnancy with my dd (who is now 2yo). I lost that weight plus 10 lbs more on a similar website but never lost the last 10. I gained 5 back so I have 15 more to lose. Might make a long term goal of 150 (25 lbs) as this is the best weight for me with my 5'7"/medium bone frame.

Now it is your turn-look forward to connecting with everyone!

Anne :smile:
  • DrumlineGirl
    Options
    If you need a kick in the rear, or just some ideas for exercise, here's my challenge. It's optional!

Between today (monday) and friday, do the following:

90 minutes of cardio total (or more!)
    1 day of resistance training (weights, resistance bands, etc)
    3 sets of push ups- as many as you can do for each set (example: set 1, 5 push-ups, set 2, 6 push-ups, set 3, 8 push-ups). Do this in one sitting.

Let us know your progress through the week and if you've done any of the challenges.
  • fitnewlife
    fitnewlife Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Hey I can't join the Valentine's Challenge. I have foot surgery on Friday so that's going to keep me from doing cardio for 6-8 weeks. But keep me posted on the next one cause I'm going to need it.
    Hi everybody! :) I hope you made it over from the 15 by 2011 group! Now that we have a group name, we can try to stick together and help each other reach our goals in 2011!! :)

If you would like to be included in the spreadsheet, all I need is Current weight, and Goal weight for Valentine's day! Then whenever you post an updated weight in this thread, you'll get updated!

We are going to try to post workout and eating challenges as we go. Feel free to add anything you want, we all need new ideas to keep us going :)

Welcome!
  • acarter72
    Options
    Drumline girl-that sounds like a great workout schedule---unfortunetley I do not have time to do a 75 min cardio during the week but plan to run 80+ min on Saturday! Good luck with these goals!

Fitnewlife-sorry to hear about your foot surgery. Good luck with that and please come back and join in when you are ready.

How's the water challenge going? I think I am on 5th now....need 5 more!!!
  • acarter72
    Options
    Drumline girl-that sounds like a great workout schedule---unfortunetley I do not have time to do a 75 min cardio during the week but plan to run 80+ min on Saturday! Good luck with these goals!

Fitnewlife-sorry to hear about your foot surgery. Good luck with that and please come back and join in when you are ready.

How's the water challenge going? I think I am on 5th now....need 5 more!!!
  • FLmom2J
    FLmom2J Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I want in!

Starting weight: 141lbs
    Goal weight by Valentines: 129

12lbs in 6 weeks!! I'd love to be able to wear a sexy dress for my hubby :)
  • margie_77
    margie_77 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I will post the first spread sheet tonight!!!

I'm keeping up with the water challange, my work out plan is almost all cardio.
    My personal goal for this year is to run 1000 miles. I got the first 5 in yesterday, and plan on doing the next 5 tonight. I'm pretty slow still, so that's about 65-70 min of cardio each. My goal is to have 20 miles in by Friday :)

fitnewlife~ total bummer, but hopefully it will solve your problems and you'll be back at it soon :)

acarter72 and all other newbies~ welcome to the group

Our group lost over 140 pounds in our end of year challange, I can't wait to see how far we come in this one!
  • Melissa132129
    Melissa132129 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Current weight: 141.6 lbs
    Goal weight for Valentine's day: 130 lbs

I will get started on the 10 cups a of water a day challenge......I barely get 2 cups a day so this will be good for me : )
  • melusinagr
    melusinagr Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I'm in!

CW: 180
    GW for VD: hmm, I'll say 170 I guess
  • twoods816
    Options
    I'm in and looking forward to a challenge

Current Weight: 240lbs
    Goal Weight by 2/14: 230lbs
    Long Term Goal: 140lbs

I'm also in for the 10 cups of water a day challenge. Goodluck* to everyone
  • ehlderanna
    Options
    I'm in

Start Weight 240.75
    Goal weight (Long term 135)

Mini Goal -- Run/Walk 1 5K a month

I'm just starting but I can do this! :wink:
  • licha75
    licha75 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I am in. It's just the beginning of my long journey but this will be a mini goal for me. Thanks
  • DrumlineGirl
    Options
    For the challenges that I posted above: we can change that to now through sunday, as some people do more work outs during, the week, and others do them during the weekend.

I did 15 minutes of cardio (I didn't last long after my mega workout yesterday!), and did an upper body resistance training workout with resistance tubes.
  • CarrieAbbey
    CarrieAbbey Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    SW 180
    GW 170
    thanks.