WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JANUARY

Options

Replies

• mamacindy81
    mamacindy81 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Saving my spot,

I'm having trouble with posting for some reason. I type for a while and then all of a sudden poof, everything is missing?

Anyway I have recorded my weight (gain). I'll be back later.

Cindy
  • mamacindy81
    Options
    My BIL sent this to me this morning. I thought y'all would enjoy it too

Cindy

With more and more “older people” texting and tweeting, there appears to be a need for a STC (Senior Texting Code).

· ATD: At The Doctor's
    · BFF: Best Friend Farted
    · BTW: Bring The Wheelchair
    · BYOT: Bring Your Own Teeth
    · CBM: Covered By Medicare
    · CUATSC: See You At The Senior Center
    · DWI: Driving While Incontinent
    · FWB: Friend With Beta Blockers
    · FWIW: Forgot Where I Was
    · FYI: Found Your Insulin
    · GGPBL: Gotta Go, Pacemaker Battery Low!
    · GHA: Got Heartburn Again
    · HGBM: Had Good Bowel Movement
    · IMHO: Is My Hearing-Aid On?
    · LMDO: Laughing My Dentures Out
    · LOL: Living On Lipitor
    · LWO: Lawrence Welk's On
    · OMMR: On My Massage Recliner
    · OMSG: Oh My! Sorry, Gas.
    · ROFL... CGU: Rolling On The Floor Laughing... And Can't Get Up
    · SGGP: Sorry, Gotta Go Poop
    · TTYL: Talk To You Louder
    · WAITT: Who Am I Talking To?
    · WTFA: Wet The Furniture Again
    · WTP: Where's The Prunes?
    · WWNO: Walker Wheels Need Oil
  • Darlis
    Darlis Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    GOOD Morning Ladies....thanks for all the prayers and advice...and yes, a very good morning. I was careful yesterday but still ate the veggies, baked chicken and salad and still came in 65 cal. UNDER for the day. WOOHOO!! Lots of water today because even though I managed the calories, the sodium was too high. I am at work so only brief for now....just wanted to check in! Hope you all have a blessed day!
  • smwert
    smwert Posts: 300
    Options
    Well I changed my ticker. Time to own up to the last 2 weeks of indulgence. My goals for January are to drink less alchohol, exercise more - at least 5 times per week and stop mindless eating and snacking after supper.

I joined the 28 day boot camp on Sparkspeople today. You do 10 minutes of an execise video every day and 30 minutes of cardio 5 days per week. After 10 minutes I was really perspiring. I am way out of shape and now have to admit I haven't been doing any exercise at all.

Best thing about this boot camp is that it is free on Sparkspeople.com. Anyone can fit 10 minutes into their day and I think I will do the 30 minutes of cardio while I watch the news after supper each night.

2011 is the year I must stop making excuses and get at it. -I have a closet full of beautful clothes I can't fit into. - 25 pounds will make me happy. I will just take 5 pounds at a time. My goal is to drop 10 by February 18 when I leave for Florida.

Happy New Year - new beginning - to everyone
    smwert
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies. I will begin my January tomorrow. One last day with DH around the house so I won't be too good today. I have set some serious exercise goals for January. Yesterday I did 50 squats 50 crunches and 5 pushups. I am going to increas the pushups until I can do 20 at a time. I plan on spending 3 hours a day 5 days a week on the treadmill so I should be getting in a minimum of 10 miles a day. Tomorrow I start back to the clean eating. I am really looking forward to the detoxing.

Welcome to all the newbies.
    Reb so glad to see you back I missed you.
    Barbiecat it has been too cold for me to take Bodi out. We play real hard in the house.
    Amanda I am glad you are feeling better.

Thats all I can remember right now. I will check back later.
  • mamacindy81
    Options
    Today my GF called. It is the first week of her official retirement! She & I are going walking at 3 today. Oh, it is going to be so nice to have a walking partner!

She is a little uncertain about this whole retirement thing but I think she will like it, eventually!

Cindy
  • bkrbabe57
    bkrbabe57 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    A quick post to mark my spot
  • Laura80111
    Laura80111 Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Popping in to say HI, will have to read later.

Hoping all of you had a good Holiday Season....and we are all off and running in this new year...

Laura:drinker:
  • AliceLMS
    AliceLMS Posts: 2,428 Member
    Options
    Morning all,

Just popped in to say a quick hello. Tax time is upon me, cleaning out the files on my new years office purge and then I will be ready to tackle payroll summaries, the new federal filing rules, and tax summaries.

Are any of you familiar with HSA s. We just started them and I am just not all that familiar with the ins and outs.

Back to work, after that back to working out.

Here's to a successful brand new year for us all. :drinker: (that's a cup of water) Alice
  • Darlis
    Options
    Alice,

It's been awhile since I worked with HSAs and I know the rules have changed with healthcare reform. Wish I could help! Basically with an HSA the money comes out of payroll BEFORE you calculate taxes. When spent it has to be for medical necessities. When I was doing payroll all I had to do was take the money out, deposit it with our health insurance company, they took care of the spending part. If you use a payroll computer program there should be an area for this......before tax payroll deductions.

Hope that helped a little.
  • 2labs4me
    Options
    Hope your all having a good day!

:bigsmile: Barbie--- I am going to try Aqua Aerobics we have a indoor pool here in my community and it costs nothing!!! so I can't come up with any excuse not to do it LOL

:bigsmile: Michele---- I love Quarter Horses. We have 3 QH's and 1 paint. They are my life and my kids. Along with my two labradors :smile:

I really want to try and walk my dogs further but it is so darn cold out !!! Pluse it does not help that I have exercise induced asthma which really sucks:sad: I very excited to get to the pool and see how that works out. Springtime I will be riding again so I really look forward to warmer days.

Jane
  • lyn54
    lyn54 Posts: 415
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Hello Ladies and Happy January!

Well..here I am again..on a New Year's Journey to a better me...
    It's great to read all the posts again..haven't had time to keep up with all of them lately.:tongue: Just trying to get back "in the groove"..it's so much easier with all the rich foods gone!:wink:
    Welcome -Jane, Darlis, Candy? and Diva..hope I have those right. (don't know about the rest of you but I have a Holiday Fog-Over)

Amanda..I am so sorry you have Bronchitis..I had 2 rounds of that in November and December...It's rough!

Robin-my DH has gone back to work today and it's easier to keep up with this eating when they aren't around. Mine had the flu from Thursday before Christmas untill this past Friday AND was on vacation. Whew! He had some cabinet people in here two days. We built our house in "99 and the cabinets, in the Master Bath, finish hadn't stayed the way they should so he worked out a deal with the cabinet people and replaced them. I had a 3 man work crew in here 2 days on top of Holiday Mess and a sick husband. :noway: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: Needless to say I was stressed! THEN, he decides he can't sit still any longer and all the Christmas deco HAS to come down. The man is up putting decorations in totes with a fever. :noway: :noway: What do you do with a guy like that?

Birdie was glad to read your posts...you are such an uplift.
    Barbie- thanks for re-starting our posts for the year.
    Rebel--I believe you wanted liposuction tools??? Let me know if there are volunteers.
    Mimi -Veggie queen- VEGGIES VEGGIES Veggoes for me too::bigsmile:
    Jeannie- am so sorry you had sickness too..:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Michele- I always read your posts...you are a busy girl!:flowerforyou:
    Wizzy-I lost a post too the end of December. I barely had time to do it once and I just threw up my hands and said, "forget it."

I've probably left someone out...I'll try to "get you" next time:blushing:

I read all your posts and all of you help me.:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,522 Member
    Options
    Day 3 and made the morning exercise including mat work, good breakfast, healthy lunch, good walk with Joe and the pups even tho it wasn't quite 20 degrees... but then splat
    beer for dinner, bad choice, trail mix, and home made toffee, and don't feel like going to Zumba class, surprise!

Funny how while green vegs make me feel good and strong, sugar and cookies make me feel sick and weak, yet still I put them in!

Will hit the hay and get up early tomorrow to get the ironing AND exercise AND mat work in before this year's first work day. . .
    Wish me luck.

As for HSAs, no experience from the employer's perspective, but from the user's, it took me 3 days to sort out all the receipts and submit claims to reconcile our 2009 and 2010 HSA accounts. This year will be different, I will NOT procrastinate!

Warm hugs to all,
  • lyn54
    lyn54 Posts: 415
    Options
    Barbara- I hope to be a size 10--eventually too:smile: all the sweets drag us down...that's for sure!
  • Darlis
    Options
    Barbara and Lynn...best of luck on the size 10.....I would love to be that size someday, but someone would have to revive my hubby....I was a 14 when we got married and a 22/24 now....he has never seen me that small.

However.....proud to post a 2 lb loss so far, and I get to start some exercise tomorrow!!!!

Wow to all you gals, this is a active group and I certainly see how you inspire each other! You have all certainly been an inspiration to me and not always with your successes. It's great to see those back who have slipped a bit and yet come back determined. That is a success to me!!! I toast to all of you....even if it is with my last glass of water for the day..LOL..:drinker:
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Good evening, everyone. Just popping in to say hi.

I've been doing pretty good today but my son's birthday cake is going to be eaten soon. Luckily it's a very small cake and I don't think there will be any leftovers!

Welcome to our new members!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou: You'll find loads of support and motivation here!

I also joined the 28 day challenge at Sparkpeople.com. I use a lot of their exercise videos and I really like them. Their website was having some real problems earlier but they seem to have resolved them now. I bet it's all the new people joining!:laugh:

Well, going to make a cup of tea and relax for a bit. Have a nice night.
  • MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    Barbara and Lynn...best of luck on the size 10.....I would love to be that size someday, but someone would have to revive my hubby....I was a 14 when we got married and a 22/24 now....he has never seen me that small.
    I guess it depends on when you married him. I was a size 12 when I married mine (and a size 22 when we met) but that was so long ago that that same size is now called an 8 or a 6!!
  • wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    wizzywig - I used to sometimes have a problem where I'd be ready to post something (have it all written) and then I must hit a button by accident all the entire document disappeared! Oh, that's frustrating! Then Vince looked at it and showed me to hit the "undo" tab. Hopefully, next time that'll work for ya, try it!

Michele

Michele thanks for this, where can I find the "undo" tab. I can't see one when I am logged in to mfp.

Viv x
  • wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    :smile: Hi everyone

Just a quickie as I need to get back into the swing of getting ready for work.

Can't believe it is snowing again. Not sure if I'll be able to jog at lunchtime now, might have to go for a walk instead weather permitting.

Catch up with everyone later.

Viv xx
  • joylaut
    joylaut Posts: 68
    Options
    Happy New Year everyone. I've just skimmed through weeks of posts by all of you. I joined mfp right after Thanksgiving and was quite consistent up until people began giving me delicious and decadent, home baked goods for the holidays. I have an uncontrollable sweet tooth. One of you posted about giving up sugar and flour because otherwise there is no control. I feel that way a lot. And every nutritionist, acupuncturist, holistic practitioner says the whites are bad for you. So I gave up logging in to my food diary and posting for these holiday weeks, consciously, not defeatedly. I'm not beating myself up over it, that's just how it was. But I'm back and I am re-inspired by those of you who have mastered the cookie conflict. I probably have to change the weight on my ticker because I'm pretty sure I gained a couple of pounds. Those should come off with my return to mindful eating....plus the sweets are all gone, now.

Joy