new mom...no time

Options
2»

Replies

• asdelmonte
    asdelmonte Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    My kids are teenagers now, but I was in the same situation as you at one point.

When my oldest was born, I didn't feel right putting him in daycare at the gym after he had been in daycare all day. And my husband was working nights at the time so leaving the baby with dad was not an option. What I did was, every night I would eat dinner, give baby a bath, put him in his jammies, read him a book, and then pack him in the stroller and we would walk. As long as it wasn't raining we walked every day, anywhere from 3-6 miles. After we got home he was ready for a bottle and bed. Then I could do some bodyweight stuff and take a shower, get everything packed for the next day, and off to bed I would go.

That worked until baby # 2 ended up being twins. lol! Those triple strollers are impossible.
  • Kidsonic
    Kidsonic Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I have a 2 year old and a four month old. My husband and I both work full time and we work opposite shifts. It's great b/c we don't need day care but terrible b/c I have very little time where I am not working or the only one with the babies. My baby is also not sleeping through the night, so there is no way I'm getting up early or staying up late to workout -- I'm using that time for sleep!

Would I like to go running 5 days a week? Yes! But the reality is that most weeks I can only get outside for a run 2-3 times a week. I have to fight the temptation to say: Since I'm not doing it "right" I'll just wait until I can do it right. It really helps me is to remember that something is better than nothing. One of my favorite sayings is "Don't let the perfect get in the way of the good enough."
  • VanderTuig1976
    VanderTuig1976 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I haven't read any of the other responses so I may repeat what others have already said:) First of all, I understand where you are coming from. I work outside the home and have four kids ranging in age from 9 years to 15 months so I understand being busy. That being said, it is imperative that you take care of yourself (I think you realize that). I used to say the exact same thing as you are (I don't have time, no energy etc.) but the fact is, I was making excuses and in hindsight I could have found the time. I now work out on my lunch hour. This may not work for you but you can find time in your day to make this happen. Sometimes we need to think outside the box:)

Also, I don't know if this is your first child but you do have to be very careful when you wean - the weight comes back on with a vengeance if you're not careful! Good thing is, it won't take you that long to drop the 8 lbs.

With everything you have going on, I encourage you to find a way to eat properly and make the time to work out. Do this for you and your daughter.

Good luck!
  • VanderTuig1976
    VanderTuig1976 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I just read some of the other posts and was reminded how young your baby is. I didn't start working out until after my youngest child's first birthday. Younger babies do need a lot of time and attention but it will get easier as baby gets older. You've gotten some great advise so far....maybe you can do some of the home workouts until your little one is older and you have a bit more freedom.
  • Lindzpnc
    Lindzpnc Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Thank you all, I feel hopeful at least that there might be some way to make it work... I felt like I had tried everything so now theres a few more options.... Her dad and and I had already agreed that we would make it work somehow on the weekends to fit in workouts/active time so im hoping that with some of the ideas and a combination of a little of everything I'll be able to get to goal someday.. just really want it so bad its been far too long that ive been working on trying to get there.

thank you for all the ideas and support and any new ones are welcome too :)