Treadmill running= pancake butt? Say it ain't so!

Options
2»

Replies

• Sun_Wukong
    Sun_Wukong Posts: 131
    Options
    Sometimes it is best to stop reading and just go exercise.
    ^This deserves Sticky Status for its eloquence and truth.:drinker:
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options
    When did it become all squats, all the time? Glute bridges.
  • Maryaly40
    Maryaly40 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I've been doing 99% of my running on the treadmill.....I have a nice round booty :blushing:
  • dontquitcarla
    dontquitcarla Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    When did it become all squats, all the time? Glute bridges.

Ohhh I hate Glute bridges ><
  • thavoice
    thavoice Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    I read an article stating that running on the treadmill (versus outdoors) will kill your booty because you aren't activating your glutes in the same way you would if you were running outdoors.

Thoughts?
    Yay or nay?
    Well treadmill running is much different than running outside as you dont have that natural pushoff. I can see the legs not getting as defined running on the TM as opposed to outdoors.
    Put the TM on at least 1 to simulate wind and the friction with the surface. I prefer at least a 2.
  • hkristine1
    hkristine1 Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    Sometimes it is best to stop reading and just go exercise.
    ^This deserves Sticky Status for its eloquence and truth.:drinker:

And brevity!
  • mandamerlot
    mandamerlot Posts: 180 Member
    Options

Don't be afraid to challenge yourself when it comes to weights. The rewards don't come from lifting the pink dumbells. If you are squatting, that tells me that you already understand that last part.

Probably the rudest comment ever made to me- you get a cookie.

I'm sorry that squatting with 55-70 pounds on my shoulders is all I can manage right now, at least I'm trying. My gym doesn't have pink Barbie weights in the big boy section. I'll keep an eye out for them- they'll definitely match my outfits.
  • mandamerlot
    Options
    Thanks everyone else for the great advice.

Also, glute bridges + hip thrust= love!
  • Dr1nkbleachndye
    Dr1nkbleachndye Posts: 441 Member
    Options

Don't be afraid to challenge yourself when it comes to weights. The rewards don't come from lifting the pink dumbells. If you are squatting, that tells me that you already understand that last part.

Probably the rudest comment ever made to me- you get a cookie.

I'm sorry that squatting with 55-70 pounds on my shoulders is all I can manage right now, at least I'm trying. My gym doesn't have pink Barbie weights in the big boy section. I'll keep an eye out for them- they'll definitely match my outfits.
    not for nothing but it was a figure of speech. I don't know what you lift, and I'm pretty sure I complimented u when saying that if you are squatting (which you said you are), then you realize results come with challenge, and not the pink dumbells.

So for you to take that as rude, I am kind of confused.

In any event, I apologize for the confusion, and keep up the good work.
  • mandamerlot
    Options
    Maybe you shouldn't assume that because I'm a woman, I would be lifting with barbie weights and not challenging myself.

It's ignorant comments like that that keep women from feeling welcome in the weight room.

And if I was lifting with so called barbie weights because that was the best of my ability and fitness level at the time, at least I was doing something to make myself stronger.
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    You know what will kill your booty? Not doing SQUATS!!!

I squat- as I mentioned in my previous post about not wanting to undo the strength training I am doing.

If you are already squatting, treadmills won't undo the work.

Yeah I would ignore anything that says running will ruin your backside..

Not sure how you took the last comment as rude either.. Sounds like encouragement to me!