Lose 10 Pounds by Valentine's Day!!

Options

Replies

• loveme445
    loveme445 Posts: 2,439 Member
    Options
    Weigh in day!!!! Today's weight is 255!!! I have officially lost 20 pounds since I started my journey on 12/1/2010!!!!

WOW! That's Amazing, 20lbs in a month! Keep up the good work!
  • carrietobias
    Options
    Im a little late but I would love the challange. 187.2:smile:
  • MMClark80
    MMClark80 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Checking in today....199.6, up 1.6 from last week...but, I know why...it was NEW YEARS!!!!!! Plus, TOM showed up & was not helpful, but we shall see what this week has in store. I am really reevaluating my diet, and while I eat mostly well, my weakness is sweet stuff. I am going to make more of an effort to minimize my sweets intake & pump up my fruit & veggie intake. You guys help to keep me accountable & I have been hovering around the same weight & that can be seen as good because I'm not gaining, but bad because I am trying to lose the weight. But all in all, I am at a place where I want to challenge myself to actually achieve my goals, not just talk about them & I know with a lot of hard work & being very disciplined & diligent, I will achieve them over time, but I have to give my BEST effort & some days I feel like I am just all around slacking in my eating. So, I am going to put up or shut up! I MUST do better with my eating...working out isn't my problem because I love to do it, but, my diet is!

Good luck to all of you all. Congrats to the losers, better luck next week to any who gained. To everyone: Be & STAY encouraged & motivated. We can be who we believe we can be, have what we want to have and go where we want to go...it takes time & we all can make small changes daily to help us all acheive our goals!

Have a great week!
  • mmheartspb
    Options
    I would like to join if posible. I am new here and would like to get in better shape for the long hall.

My name is Meg and I currently weight 194 at 5' 5". Trying for a healthier lifestyle.
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    I'm a late join if that's ok! It just so happens that I bought my scale on Dec 26, so I fit perfectly into this challenge!

I'm Sarah and I'd like to get in great shape, not 'decent' like I am now. I'm also pushing the edge of an 'unhealthy' BMI and I need to get that back under control. I do my weigh-ins on Sundays, and yesterday was my very first!!

starting weight 167.4 (dec 26, 2010)
    current weight 163.4! (jan 2, 2011)

I am so thrilled to lose 4 lbs in my first week of effort, I know I can lose 10 by feb!!
  • 55tolose
    55tolose Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Hey My weight today Is 158.4 : ) !!!

12/06 >> 160.0
    01/03 >> 158.4
  • PoshTaush
    PoshTaush Posts: 1,247
    Options
    Hey My weight today Is 158.4 : ) !!!

12/06 >> 160.0
    01/03 >> 158.4

Yay~~ Plus you got to have cake!! :O)
  • amandac72
    amandac72 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Checking in - no loss for me this week, still 182.
    Things are slowly getting back to normal here after the Christmas/New Year festivities, still have the kids on holidays for the month of January but I am hoping to really get back to it. Finally removed the Christmas tree so I have room for the treadmill again, just need to use it now :laugh: Logging my food today for the first time in weeks so that is a good start I guess, I WILL do it!!

Congrats to everyone who has lost weight, it is such a tough time of year but when I see that so many of you guys can do it then I figure that I can do it too!!
  • TattooedMommy427
    TattooedMommy427 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Checking in. Weighed in at 188 this week.
  • Samantha0905
    Options
    SW:165.1
    CW:165

Stayed the same..ugh

I worked out 4 days a week for 45 minutes and was under my calorie goal almost everyday

I don't know why I didn't lose.

:-/
  • purplemoose1
    Options
    I am in! I would love 10 or more by Valentine's Day.

Mom of 2 kids

weigh in today 144
  • LilynEdensmom
    LilynEdensmom Posts: 612 Member
    Options

MONDAY CHALLENGE:

WEIGH IN DAY!!!
    :glasses:

10 Glasses Water
    40% rule for Exercise- Take 40% of your Body weight and exercise that many minutes. You can choose any activity...mix it up if you like, do weights, cardio, play basketball, whatever

Example: If you weigh 100 Pounds 40% is 40 Pounds so you would exercise 40 Minutes

And of couse Under Calories

TUESDAY CHALLENGE:

H2O Tuesdays= 12 Glasses Water!!! Come on! This will be for EVERY TUESDAY!

Under Cals and Add 5 Minutes of exercise to whatever your % was yesterday. So if you were "supposed" to do 45 minutes then today you are "supposed" to do at least 50 minutes! :grumble:

Made the water...but only did 50 minutes of exercise, unless I can throw in my cleaning I did....I should have had 69 minutes of exercise, but oh well...thats probably the most consececutive exercise I've done in a long long time.
  • Jessibear2854
    Jessibear2854 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Well, I did good on water (been drinking 13 cups a day rather regularly) but only did 45 minutes of exercise. Win some, lose some! LOL

Weighed in at 148 today! Yipee!
  • kaboyne
    kaboyne Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm in...sorry for being late :) My weigh in is Friday and will post Friday's.
    SW-177.
    I have had a very hard time breaking this number!!! Been sitting on or around it for about a month now :(
  • kc4173
    kc4173 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    HI all. SW 135
    CW 130
  • PINKPIPER
    Options
    I just started today and want to join the challenge!
    SW-203
  • kaboyne
    kaboyne Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    SUNDAY CHALLENGE:

10 Water (80 ounces)
    Under Calories
    45 Minutes Cardio exercise (these don't have to be consecutive, but better if they are...break it up if needed!)
    10 Minutes Resistance training....(weights, squats, crunches, leg lifts,...you get the picture...whatever you can do!)

Take 15 minutes completely to yourself today. Go to a quiet place. Read if you like. Meditate, or just have quiet time. Take a bubble bath with the door locked and tell the spouse that they have to have the kids for that time! lol.... Have some ME time!

MET!

MONDAY CHALLENGE:

WEIGH IN DAY!!!

10 Glasses Water
    40% rule for Exercise- Take 40% of your Body weight and exercise that many minutes. You can choose any activity...mix it up if you like, do weights, cardio, play basketball, whatever

Example: If you weigh 100 Pounds 40% is 40 Pounds so you would exercise 40 Minutes

And of couse Under Calories

ALMOST MET! Only did 60/70 min of exercise (didn't see this until now) but on my water and calories :)

TUESDAY CHALLENGE:

H2O Tuesdays= 12 Glasses Water!!! Come on! This will be for EVERY TUESDAY!

Under Cals and Add 5 Minutes of exercise to whatever your % was yesterday. So if you were "supposed" to do 45 minutes then today you are "supposed" to do at least 50 minutes!
  • snowball65
    Options
    Hey I had to get a new scale and discovered that my starting weight was 210.6 and not 188. I weighed in today and was 204.6 so I lost 6lbs. Sorry about all that. I am glad to see six pounds lost. :smile:
  • snowball65
    Options
    Hey I had to get a new scale and discovered that my starting weight was 210.6 and not 188. I weighed in today and was 204.6 so I lost 6lbs. Sorry about all that. I am glad to see six pounds lost. :smile:
    12/27>>>210.6
    01/03>>>204.6
  • blessedmomof8
    blessedmomof8 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    MONDAY CHALLENGE:

10 Glasses Water ~DONE
    40% rule for Exercise- Take 40% of your Body weight and exercise that many minutes. ~DONE,had to do 92.4 min, did 113
    And of course Under Calories ~DONE