What's the most ridiculous diet you've heard of?

Options
techgal128
techgal128 Posts: 719 Member
My boyfriend decided to go on a one fried egg sandwich a day diet years ago. He said that it was totally healthy and "recommended by doctors".

What is the craziest/stupidest diet someone you know has tried?

Replies

• eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    80/10/10
  • parisallez
    parisallez Posts: 30
    Options
    this less than intelligent coworker of my wife's announced he was beginning p90x and going on an all fruit diet.

he probably lasted 30 hours. how could a human survive on fruit alone?
  • Jestinia
    Jestinia Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    I went on a bread and cheese diet once when I was in my late teens. I think I read too many fantasy novels wherein the hero or heroine had nothing in the horse's saddlebags except a hunk of cheese, some hard bread, and some watered down wine. I had to pass on the wine, though, because I had to drive. I'm sure horses are much better than cars for getting drunk people around safely.

If I had kept that diet up, my lifespan would have been about typical for a Medieval peasant. Maybe less, even most of them probably ate better.
  • techgal128
    Options
    80/10/10

Sorry, what does this mean?
  • notnikkisixx
    notnikkisixx Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Basically, any weight loss secret food on pinterest. All those stupid "detox super weight loss water" recipes kill me, of course you will lose weight by replacing meals with water....but it isn't the water doing it, it's the lack of food!
  • rm33064
    rm33064 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Grapefruit diet
  • fitmomforu
    fitmomforu Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Just red meat diet!!
  • mistiblake08
    mistiblake08 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Grapefruit diet

^This.
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    80/10/10

80% carbs, 10% protein, 10% fat..............basically eating only fruit and vegetables.........think 30 bananas a day
  • thavoice
    thavoice Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Just red meat diet!!
    I would love that.
  • techgal128
    Options
    80/10/10

80% carbs, 10% protein, 10% fat..............basically eating only fruit and vegetables.........think 30 bananas a day

That seems like it would be a good diet for constipation. lol
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    The Air Diet

Also known as "L’Air Fooding" this French fad diet was popularized by a Dolce & Gabbana campaign. It showed Madonna and a few other celebrities holding up delicious foods to their mouths but not eating them. The concept of this diet is that you cook the food, put it on the plate, serve a setting like you were actually going to eat it and then rather than consume it, you hold it up to your mouth but do not take a bite. It is supposed to fool your body into thinking you've eaten. However, the diet is not completely without substance (no pun intended), dieters are allowed to drink water and have some salt soup (which is exactly what it sounds like: hot water and salt).
  • dsalveson
    dsalveson Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    80/10/10
  • Solar07
    Solar07 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    The Air Diet

Also known as "L’Air Fooding" this French fad diet was popularized by a Dolce & Gabbana campaign. It showed Madonna and a few other celebrities holding up delicious foods to their mouths but not eating them. The concept of this diet is that you cook the food, put it on the plate, serve a setting like you were actually going to eat it and then rather than consume it, you hold it up to your mouth but do not take a bite. It is supposed to fool your body into thinking you've eaten. However, the diet is not completely without substance (no pun intended), dieters are allowed to drink water and have some salt soup (which is exactly what it sounds like: hot water and salt).

This almost like the one I heard about - have no idea what its called - but you take a bite, chew it, then spit it out. I think the Air Diet is the strangest I've ever heard of, and today is the first day I've heard of it.
  • Slacker16
    Slacker16 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    tapeworm-diet.jpg
  • TiberiusClaudis
    TiberiusClaudis Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    About a week ago, I turned on FOX news and they had a guy spouting off about Sausage and Beer diet. He actually lost weight consuming the majority of his calories with these two items.

HOWEVER, he did confessed that he was tracking calories AND taking a multi vit.

Just proves the point, that if you consume less calories than you take in, you will lose weight.

IMHO, a stupid way to make a point.

I'd have stuck with Choc Milk and pesto...but that's me. :tongue:
  • tl_dr
    tl_dr Posts: 96
    Options
    It seems like at least half of the people I know have tried that awful cayenne/honey/lemon juice cleanse or whatever. I have yet to actually meet someone who has finished it in its entirety on account of how sick it makes them. :ohwell:
  • SoosannahK
    SoosannahK Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    The 3 day diet or commonly known as the hot dog diet.
  • Forty6and2
    Forty6and2 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    Any diet that advocates anything other than a simple calorie restriction. That includes any "cleanse," any pills, any "super food" (unless it's wearing a cape, then it really is a super food), any diet that says "don't eat ________" (ie, white foods, bananas, pizza, etc), any super special exercise, and anything that promises you that you will lose at an unreasonable rate.

btdubs, did you guys know that fried chicken is a super food?

27645-clip-art-graphic-of-a-chicken-drumstick-mascot-character-dressed-as-a-super-hero-by-toons4biz.jpg
  • BeTheChange352
    BeTheChange352 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    It seems like at least half of the people I know have tried that awful cayenne/honey/lemon juice cleanse or whatever. I have yet to actually meet someone who has finished it in its entirety on account of how sick it makes them. :ohwell:

I remember my partner trying this. I think he lasted like 48 hours.