Calorie Goal Changes Itself??

Options
13»

Replies

• dmenchac
    dmenchac Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    So how come on Sunday, my goal started out at 1800 and Monday was lowered to 1750 when I logged my weight loss on Saturday?

Are you 100% sure you logged your weight loss on Saturday?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    So how come on Sunday, my goal started out at 1800 and Monday was lowered to 1750 when I logged my weight loss on Saturday?

the MFP week starts on a monday, maybe they have changed it to recalculate calories on a monday not part way through the week?
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options

As tavistock said it can be the difference between the phone app and the computer website syncing ...my phone does not always sync with the website...I have to force it...

but most of your issues are logging exercise and getting all upset isn't going to solve the issue.

I mean you lost weight, recorded it on Saturday...website/app got synced finally on MOnday and you have 50 less calories...
  • KaraBoo87
    KaraBoo87 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    No, I am not confused. If you don't believe me, then just stop commenting. I am going to go with "it's a bug" and move along. This is really a crappy place to get support if you ask me. People don't believe you and basically just call you stupid. Thanks a lot!
  • dmenchac
    Options
    No, I am not confused. If you don't believe me, then just stop commenting. I am going to go with "it's a bug" and move along. This is really a crappy place to get support if you ask me. People don't believe you and basically just call you stupid. Thanks a lot!

Whatever makes you sleep better at night.
  • TavistockToad
    Options

thats quite offensive to the people, like myself, who have provided you with help....
  • KaraBoo87
    Options
    I obviously was not referring to the people that did offer good, helpful advice, so I apologize.
  • dmenchac
    Options

thats quite offensive to the people, like myself, who have provided you with help....

Did you not see that comment coming from the very beginning?
  • KaraBoo87
    Options
    And dmenchac, I'm sorry...My goal was never 1850....It started at 1840, as you can see around April 25.
  • dmenchac
    Options
    Looking more into this....it has now changed the calorie goal to 1750 for all of my PREVIOUS entries! It is now showing that I have gone OVER almost everyday, when I have consistently been a few calories under! HELP!!!!

Just another tidbit.

When your goal changes, all past goals are changed as well (which is incredibly annoying) but that is how MFP works.

So even though you were on par those days, it is now reflected as being over since your goals are now lower.
  • KaraBoo87
    Options

Did you not see that comment coming from the very beginning?

Are you done yet?
  • dmenchac
    Options
    All ridicule aside, "bug" or not, 50 calories is not going to make a big difference in your weight loss. Congrats on losing the weight and I wish you continued success!
  • KaraBoo87
    Options
    I agree. I was just very confused. I did not mean to get angry or rude, but some of your comments offended me. I have had major trouble losing weight in the past, and I'm simply just looking for help and support. Thanks.
  • dmenchac
    Options
    I agree. I was just very confused. I did not mean to get angry or rude, but some of your comments offended me. I have had major trouble losing weight in the past, and I'm simply just looking for help and support. Thanks.

And you will find help and support here. Despite popular belief, this place is full of great information and more importantly great people who have had weight loss experience.
  • TavistockToad
    Options

its most likely the syncing between the app and the website after you logged your weight loss.
  • LassoOfTruth
    LassoOfTruth Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    There is no need to be rude, so if you don't have any good advice to offer, please don't post. Looking back at my diary, my goal now says 1960 for last Saturday, 1933 for Sunday (both of which are higher than the 1800 I started out with!). ONCE AGAIN- I LOGGED WEIGHT LOSS ON SATURDAY!!!! My calorie goal did not lower to 1750 until this morning (Wednesday).

Did you exercise?
  • shunge86
    shunge86 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have noticed a few things seem buggy the past couple of days but it's mostly with the android app. Also I'm bad and change my goals constantly so I haven't noticed anything like that. What I have noticed though is that if your current goal changes it does change all your past logs. Even if you weren't over at that point the logs now show that you were. I wish changing the calorie goal wouldn't affect that.
  • mbitely2004
    mbitely2004 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Because your diary isnt open I cant see what happened. But if you record working out, then those calories get added on to your goal. and if you enter a weight sometimes it takes time to reset (a couple days isnt that weird for it to sync up) but if you open your diary I will take a look and give you a better idea, if it was a bug or something else.
  • pj573
    pj573 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    This happened to me.

I saw a calorie goal change from 1730 to 2400 along with some odd looking nutrition goals. It seemed to be a bug. It was on my phone but my tablet kept the correct values. I signed out and back in on my phone and it was fine after that.
  • cinrip
    cinrip Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I also just started on MFP, when I got a Garmin Vivofit 2 for Christmas. I set up my initial profile and it gave me a calorie goal of 1592. I have not entered any new weight yet, and saw that yesterday (day 4) that my calorie goals had increased dramatically upward. Was this because on day 3 I had walked about 3 miles?