What's the best most memorable comment you ever got?

Options

Replies

• 1pandabear
    1pandabear Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    that I have the kind of beauty that will never fade :blushing:
  • Me2FitMe
    Me2FitMe Posts: 1,284 Member
    Options
    I was PM'd an *kitten* award today.

giphy.gif

+1 ... haha!! me too!! Not even on my FL! LOL
  • BDC44
    BDC44 Posts: 19
    Options
    My boyfriend at the time looked at me and randomly said: "I like your eyebrows." It took me by surprise. I said, "I have crazy eyebrows." He said, "I know. I like them." BEST. COMPLIMENT. EVER!! Because it was so unexpected and sincere. It still makes me laugh and smile when I think about it :heart:

My eyebrows are thick and curly. It takes a lot of work when I get them waxed. The two ladies that have waxed them over the years always comment on my eyebrows. :laugh:
  • Letshopeforthebest
    Letshopeforthebest Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Love all of these!
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    The teacher of my "Gifted" class in 6th grade told me I was the worst student she ever had. (in terms of behavior)

That is the most memorable.

ETA: oops. I didn't read the OP meaning "compliments." That one will require a little more thought.
  • Sirinya55
    Sirinya55 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    If I had bigger butt, I'd be perfect.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    A girl I used to work with said to me "I wish I looked like you".

I was taken aback I can tell ya!
  • amwoidyla
    amwoidyla Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    One of my ex's friends (from high school) ran into me after college and said that most girls don't get more beautiful after college, but I was one of those who did :)

A WTF moment: This past weekend at Walmart, an older fella came up to me and asked if I was Miss America and then proceeded to sing that "hey good lookin'" song by Jimmy Buffet. He asked if my bf was my husband and said guess we won't be doing any cookin'.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    One of sales reps at our vendor's annual training conference told me I should smile more, because I was pretty when I smiled.

I assume that was a compliment. And I was very flattered, no one had ever said that to me before and he was a well-respected sales rep in a huge company. My inner shallow person thought that was big coming from a guy whose wife looks like a super model.
  • surfinbird_1981
    surfinbird_1981 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    That my face is like a work of art.
  • spirytwynd
    spirytwynd Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    One of my neighbors hadn't seen me for about three months and I had been on MFP for about three months, he saw me outside cleaning up the carport area. He stopped, did a double take and said, "Wow! You look great! You have really trimmed down!" The guy is straight as an arrow and I know he wasn't hitting on me. It was a genuine compliment and really made my weekend.
  • surfinbird_1981
    surfinbird_1981 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    That my face is like a work of art.

This may or may not be a good thing. I hope they weren't a Francis Bacon fan.

:laugh: I hope not haha
  • Azcosby
    Azcosby Posts: 150
    Options
    I look like Robyn Thick in my current DP. I do not see it though?
  • in4nomz
    in4nomz Posts: 230
    Options

giphy.gif

+2
  • greeneyes0809
    greeneyes0809 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    "Gurrllll, you got more assets than a bank on Wall Street." - memorable indeed
  • SweeDecadence92
    SweeDecadence92 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I was in bed with my friend a few years ago, haven't just woken up feeling like hell and he comes out with "Your more beautiful without makeup than more girls with it." It was very sweet and it's stuck with me to this day.
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    I... think this was a compliment. It sticks with me because... I just don't... know.

I used to play bass in a band. We were getting ready for a gig once and this older lady was in the pub. She was asking about the band and said to me, "You must be the singer. You have a bluesy face."
  • _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member
    Options
    "Damn, you're a gorgeous woman. I'll never stop being taken aback by you."

:blushing:
  • SugarBaby71
    SugarBaby71 Posts: 3,630 Member
    Options

giphy.gif

Me three! LOL!

But there are two that stand out. One was after i hadn't seen a guy for several months. (In that time I'd lost 40lbs) I stood there waiting for him to acknowledge me for a bit... and when he finally spoke he yelled, "Holy ****!!" and later his wife said he had no idea who this young woman was that was waiting for him to say something...

And my son, about 6 months ago, said to me, "Mom you're really smart." I loved that.