Ladies only: What makes the perfect girlfriend?

Options

Replies

• Lilly_the_Hillbilly
    Lilly_the_Hillbilly Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    All I know is that if you give people sandwiches, it generally works out well for you.
  • Lilly_the_Hillbilly
    Lilly_the_Hillbilly Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    I think the idea is to find out from women what we think the perfect girlfriend is like. AS in what we do to be a good girlfriend to our lovah.
  • Azcosby
    Azcosby Posts: 150
    Options
    I just realized OP is a dude.

Oops.

The profile pic is misleading.

Anyway.... my answer..... there is no "perfect".

Okay bro, what's the story??
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    Someone with whom I can mock others. Then go shopping.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    Wouldn't the perspective be better coming from a woman who has/has had a girlfriend? Or are you asking straight ladies what qualities they possess that contributes to being a perfect girlfriend? or... /lost

I already know what makes a perfect girlfriend for me, I am interested how aware the straight women are of themselves.

This thread had depth da Mitt.
  • MapleFlavouredMaiden
    MapleFlavouredMaiden Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Ahh ok I think I get it now.

Two words:
    Blow
    Jobs
  • Azcosby
    Azcosby Posts: 150
    Options
    BOOBS.

Or in some cases an awesome booty.

That's pretty much all I care about.

Yeah, obviously.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    I like men, but I would never ever want a girl who is high maintenance.
  • KrazyDaizy
    KrazyDaizy Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Confused....do you want straight women to tell you what makes a great female friend, what they think a good girlfriend for a guy would be, or what?

Yes, this. Have you been in the Coors Light already today?

Its not me talking about sex to amuse ladies, so no. :throwsemptyatyou:
    I thought this said ":throwspurseat you:"

I'm going to stop reading and typing now since I am far from perfect.
  • Chieflrg
    Options

Two words:
    Blow
    Jobs

Might be more of the icing on the cake.
  • MapleFlavouredMaiden
    Options

Two words:
    Blow
    Jobs

Alright then I got nothin'.
  • miss_jessiejane
    miss_jessiejane Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Someone with whom I can mock others. Then go shopping.

How you doin'?
  • F00LofaT00K
    F00LofaT00K Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I think the perfect girlfriend is somebody who has a healthy individual life alongside a healthy shared life with her S.O. She doesn't try to restrict or control how the other person spends their time or resources, is straightforward about how she feels instead of expecting her S.O. to "just know," and is willing to listen silently to her partner's side of disagreements while striving to compromise and come to an understanding with him/her instead of focusing on who was right/wrong. She believes in each person in the relationship having their own privacy and individuality so she doesn't get upset when her partner goes out with friends and she doesn't go through his/her texts/voicemails/e-mails, etc.

I truly think that it isn't just a "perfect girlfriend" though. . . the relationship has to be healthy and both parties need to be able to trust each other, work toward compromise and focus on growing as individuals as well as focusing on growing their relationship. If the partner is constantly cheating, while it is STILL wrong (imo) for her to go through their text messages and e-mails, she certainly can't trust the person and the whole relationship is going to be crappy no matter what.. . . again, just my opinion. Seriously, just gtfo of the relationship if you can't trust somebody to the point where you feel the need to constantly check on and control your partner. My coworkers talk about checking their S.O.'s phones constantly like that is normal, healthy behavior while I sit there, appalled. wtf?
  • belgerian
    belgerian Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options

Two words:
    Blow
    Jobs

Someone say cake
  • Chieflrg
    Options
    I think the perfect girlfriend is somebody who has a healthy individual life alongside a healthy shared life with her S.O. She doesn't try to restrict or control how the other person spends their time or resources, is straightforward about how she feels instead of expecting her S.O. to "just know," and is willing to listen silently to her partner's side of disagreements while striving to compromise and come to an understanding with him/her instead of focusing on who was right/wrong. She believes in each person in the relationship having their own privacy and individuality so she doesn't get upset when her partner goes out with friends and she doesn't go through his/her texts/voicemails/e-mails, etc.

I truly think that it isn't just a "perfect girlfriend" though. . . the relationship has to be healthy and both parties need to be able to trust each other, work toward compromise and focus on growing as individuals as well as focusing on growing their relationship. If the partner is constantly cheating, while it is STILL wrong (imo) for her to go through their text messages and e-mails, she certainly can't trust the person and the whole relationship is going to be crappy no matter what.. . . again, just my opinion. Seriously, just gtfo of the relationship if you can't trust somebody to the point where you feel the need to constantly check on and control your partner. My coworkers talk about checking their S.O.'s phones constantly like that is normal, healthy behavior while I sit there, appalled. wtf?

You have it together...young lady. :flowerforyou:
  • MapleFlavouredMaiden
    Options

Even though this is a rant, I agree. I've experienced the peeking over the shoulder to check your password so they can sneak into your phone later thing..... it's unbecoming to say the least. And in my case and a few of my friends... it's the guys doing this the most.
  • F00LofaT00K
    F00LofaT00K Posts: 688 Member
    Options

You have it together...young lady. :flowerforyou:

I try. :wink:
  • Chieflrg
    Options

Two words:
    Blow
    Jobs

Someone say cake

Reese's cupcakes and I'm there...
    cup-o.gif
  • mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    Confused....do you want straight women to tell you what makes a great female friend, what they think a good girlfriend for a guy would be, or what?

Yes, this. Have you been in the Coors Light already today?

Its not me talking about sex to amuse ladies, so no. :throwsemptyatyou:

*bats away empty, cracks another*
  • MacInCali
    MacInCali Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    You only want to hear from straight ladies? I guess you can count me out. I'm curvy. Plus, I like girls as much as I do guys. Even more so at the moment, lol.