Goal reached. Family horrified.

Options

Replies

• prattiger65
    prattiger65 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    This proves to me that a Ph.D in Physical ed. and a nursing degree and you can still not know crap about health.
  • angelicprettyy
    Options
    I don't mean to be crude, but you look frigging sexy, girl!! Keep it up!
  • Graceious1
    Graceious1 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    I don't think you have n image problem, I think what your family have said to you has hurt you. I think if you had a problem with body image you wouldn't show off your gorgeousness. Well done to you and stand strong. As long as you like what you see and feel that is all that matters.

Keep up the hotness lady
    :wink:
  • firestation12
    Options
    I think you look great. I noticed on my face that it looks nicer, fuller when I am a bit heavier. I liked the look. After I lost 10 lbs I could tell the change and don't like it so much.
  • JerseyChic76
    JerseyChic76 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    You look great!
  • HughKimber2014
    Options
    Wow! What a transformation. Great result
  • fairygirlpie9
    fairygirlpie9 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I think you look fine in the first picture but you definitely look better in the after pic. As long as your happy no one else matters. You don't look unhealthy - you look fit and slim. X
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    You look great! Congrats on the successful journey! Please don't make the problems of others your own. You don't deserve that! :)
  • __hannah_
    __hannah_ Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Definitely not too thin. Great job and don't let their negative comments get to you.
  • RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle
    RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry:(

But you look amazing!!! I bet you feel great too:)
  • Rocky791
    Rocky791 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Both sets of comments are completely uncalled for - the ones about you being too big for ballet and the ones about you being too skinny now. There are some definite issues there if they feel the need to bring their own family member down with these kinds of cruel comments. Honestly, I would tell them that their comments are not welcome and would limit contact with people who feel the need to act in that kind of way. :(

My two cents - you look amazing!
  • vleebow
    vleebow Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    First, you look fantastic!! Second, your family is the one that has the issues. Despite their level of education, their comments were ignorant and mean. Really, only you know the dynamics of your family, but they appear to be over-critical, for NO good reason. Reflect on the dynamics of your family, recognize that their issues are theirs alone, and be happy with the fact that YOU are okay with how you look.It takes dedication to do what you've do. Good job!
  • ballito
    ballito Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    You look amazing, so fit and healthy. Obviously don't know your family dynamics but their comments are totally uncalled for. You certainly don't look too thin and you certainly don't look unwell. Well done on your success.:flowerforyou:
  • qsusie2008
    qsusie2008 Posts: 1
    Options
    I can see the difference in your face...the dimples around your smile are more defined. Frankly I think you look great, not too thin at all, so it must be they are having a hard time with the difference. And the distance. It is hard for them not to see your in person more often.

You can defend your new look or you can just say "Okay, I'll get right on that!"
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    People are stupid. Sometimes they simply expect our face to look the same in our late 30's as it did when we were teenagers. I look young for my age, but some of my family still expects me to have my teenager baby face. That is the difference. Same weight. Different age. 20 years older. We aren't going to look 14 forever.
  • rathimani
    rathimani Posts: 15
    Options
    YOU LOOK AWESOME! Job well done, ppl will always have something to say, don't worry about them. Its only about how and what you feel , and I can bet you feel gr8 :)
    And for comparison, here is my face before:

07073cbba0bd4c2399bee5909545798f.jpg

And after:

3d184d4e12ca4df99777c4351448526f.jpg
  • amberj32
    amberj32 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    You look great! You look healthy and not too skinny!
  • momasox
    momasox Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I think you look awesome. I think anyone would have been hurt by those comments. I am sorry that they did that to you. It is not right.
    You look great and healthy and happy.
  • jellerose
    jellerose Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Sorry didn't read all 17 pages of other posts (!?!) before posting mine.

I often think people who lost quite a bit can look kind of run through the wringer at first until everything settles down. I remember thinking Dolly Parton looked pretty torn up right after she lost the weight (years ago) and then after a few months she looked great. But looking at your photos I don't see anything like that. You have a longer face that's slim but you look completely healthy to me! Either your face has already settled into your weight loss or you won't be one of those who have that scary look at first.

Tell them you appreciate your concern but in person you look and feel great and you'd like their support, especially until they can see you in person. Not that they should be chiming in even then with negativity but assure them that what they think they are seeing through skype doesn't tell the story. I look worse on skype for sure, ha.
  • 2012Mich
    2012Mich Posts: 93
    Options
    Seriously?! Your family said that?
    I think they are terribly jealous.

You look amazing.. you had a beautiful face before.. an even prettier and younger looking face now..

Congrats on your success!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!