What's the best most memorable comment you ever got?

Options

Replies

• BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Somebody accidentally saw me naked and she was stunned and said I have the butt of a goddess. That was a memorable body complement. Other comments have been memorable and meaningful related to my dancing (including after my performance last night), and to my bravery, courage, strength, and compassion. For dance being told that I have both strong technique and emotional depth.
  • George_Baileys_Ghost
    George_Baileys_Ghost Posts: 1,524 Member
    Options
    The best compliment I ever got was a shrug, followed by, "I guess it was okay."
  • sugarkissprincess
    sugarkissprincess Posts: 2,595 Member
    Options
    "OMG are you that chick on BBT?"

haha - no but thank you because shes drop dead gorgeous!
  • redtreediary
    redtreediary Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I once got told I had "really beautiful eyebrows," by some older dude at a pool hall.

It was, technically, a compliment. And, I will never forget it, because, well, that's just weird. That's Seventh Level Having-No-Game.
  • SapiensPisces
    SapiensPisces Posts: 992 Member
    Options
    A coworker I hadn't seen in a while did a double take and had a look of shock on their face when she saw me about a month or so ago.

That was awesome.
  • BrokenButBeautiful
    Options
    "You're almost hot enough to fnck now!" ~Father in law
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    The best compliment I ever got was a shrug, followed by, "I guess it was okay."

:-D
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    A California Pizza Kitchen waitress told me several times, as she was seating me and my husband, that I looked like Princess Jasmine from the cartoon film. I'm not Middle Eastern and I wasn't wearing an outfit even remotely close to what the character wears, but it made me laugh because of how random it was.
  • Derp_Diggler
    Derp_Diggler Posts: 1,456 Member
    Options
    I was told that I am pleasant to look at, pretty clever and funny, and not a psycho. That last part made me tear up a bit.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    I was told that I am pleasant to look at, pretty clever and funny, and not a psycho. That last part made me tear up a bit.

Truth. :flowerforyou: Really, more than pleasant, but for the sake of the post, I'll agree.
  • Lilly_the_Hillbilly
    Lilly_the_Hillbilly Posts: 914 Member
    Options

You have to actually believe it for it to count .

I was told I was pretty and smart and funny and not completely bat**** crazy.
  • greenmonstergirl
    greenmonstergirl Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    I hadn't seen a friend for a while and lost 50 pounds. I finally asked him (since he wasn't saying anything about my weightloss) what he thought. He said I was always beautiful so it didn't matter to him. On one hand that is sweet but dang, I sure wanted him to think I looked better! So maybe that's it?
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,654 Member
    Options
    My 20-something son commented on how he'd originally thought this weight loss/fitness thing was just mom's latest obsession, but he's been impressed that I've kept at it and he thinks my results are great. And then he looked me in the eye and said, "I'm proud of you, mom." :smooched: :sad: :happy:
  • Letshopeforthebest
    Letshopeforthebest Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    My 20-something son commented on how he'd originally thought this weight loss/fitness thing was just mom's latest obsession, but he's been impressed that I've kept at it and he thinks my results are great. And then he looked me in the eye and said, "I'm proud of you, mom." :smooched: :sad: :happy:

that's awesome !
  • Smirnoff65
    Smirnoff65 Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    Was driving with my youngest lad tonight (he is 15) and he says 'dad I'm very proud of you, my mates keep seeing you out walking and say how cool it is that you have lost so much weight' brought a tear to my eyes
  • StacyRenee77
    StacyRenee77 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    When I made the statement yesterday that I was not a model and didn't think I was, well I got a message said he thought I could be, and told today they like my sexy smile, and a sweet friend on here said I was awesome!!
  • srmchan
    srmchan Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Mine requires a little context...

Cabbie: "You have children? What are their names?"
    Me: "Noah and Joshua"
    Cabbie: "Ah! So you're a rich American Christian, no?"
    Me: "I'm not wealthy."

The cab ride was in the middle of a very Muslim country.
  • Derp_Diggler
    Derp_Diggler Posts: 1,456 Member
    Options
    Was driving with my youngest lad tonight (he is 15) and he says 'dad I'm very proud of you, my mates keep seeing you out walking and say how cool it is that you have lost so much weight' brought a tear to my eyes

That is indeed awesome.
  • StacyRenee77
    StacyRenee77 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options

That is indeed awesome.

Yes very
  • heysarge13
    heysarge13 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    You are an inspiration