What's the best most memorable comment you ever got?

Options

Replies

• psmd
    psmd Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    Ha, some woman told my husband at the end of a flight "You are a beautiful man." Boy was he on cloud 9 for days!!!

I can't really think of anything memorable for myself right now...
  • Letshopeforthebest
    Letshopeforthebest Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Was driving with my youngest lad tonight (he is 15) and he says 'dad I'm very proud of you, my mates keep seeing you out walking and say how cool it is that you have lost so much weight' brought a tear to my eyes

Love this !
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    I look like Robyn Thick in my current DP. I do not see it though?

I think it's the haircut.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    When I was about 25 I was riding a stationary bike at the gym and reading a book and some guy came up to me and told me I was beautiful and then he sort of ran away. It took me a little while to process with my no makeup and messy hair. lol
  • asciiqwerty
    asciiqwerty Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    I guess it was a compliment ... sort of

when I was a skinny teenager with big boobs on work experience, I was walking to the factory (quickly because i was getting a little late) along the pavement, when this voice emerged from a white van that was driving past:

"do you some fries with that shake?"
  • Crimson_Fire
    Crimson_Fire Posts: 2,504 Member
    Options
    Let's see if I can type this one without tearing up...

The day one of my most favorite patients passed away, I got a call from his daughter. She was grieving over the loss of her dad, but she still took the time to call me and say, "he really appreciated all the care that you gave him. Thank you so much for all you did for him." Gives me chills & it's a conversation I'll always remember.
    :heart:
  • TheLadyBane
    TheLadyBane Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    My coworker told me his wife saw me and said "Wow, she's built like a super hero". That was the best compliment, aside from my other coworker who likes to call me She-Ra.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    it's probably when I first moved to Saudi and some women told me they were really envious of my skin... this kind of surprised me because I have ultra mega-pale skin and was used to hearing negative things like "pasty" and jokes about being dazzled by the light reflecting off my legs and stuff (all in good British humour and not taken offensively) so it kind of surprised me to find these women with beautiful olive skin of a tone that British women risk skin cancer in their attempt to get it, wanting skin my colour.

It didn't escape my notice that instead of fake tan products being advertised and on sale everywhere, there were skin lightening creams instead.

These comments were memorable because:

1. they taught me that most women want what they don't have
    2. the cosmetics industry exploits this to the max

and

3. love yourself for who you are because someone, somewhere is really badly wants what you think is a negative thing about your body
  • mxmkenney
    mxmkenney Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Quote from a patient I was helping: "You have the most beautiful, bluest eyes I have ever seen... no really, they are like electric blue - mesmerizing..." :blushing:

Also from a patient: " You have 4 kids?! Wow, I would have guessed you were like 19!" (Awww - thanks, I'm 33!) :smooched:
  • PeteWhoLikesToRunAlot
    PeteWhoLikesToRunAlot Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    "You'd be hot if you were taller."
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I get this one all the time, that's why it's most memorable: "Are you a dancer?" or "You have a dancer's body." What they don't know is that I can't dance at all because I'm not very graceful. :laugh:
  • Morgaine_on_the_move
    Morgaine_on_the_move Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    A 14 or 15-year-old boy ( I was 22) came up to me and asked if ever went to Smithfield's. I said, "No, what's that?" And he said, "A chicken place. And the way you're shaped, the way you're formed...you could get a free appetizer."

Lol. One of the more memorable compliments I've received.
  • Derp_Diggler
    Derp_Diggler Posts: 1,456 Member
    Options

3. love yourself for who you are because someone, somewhere is really badly wants what you think is a negative thing about your body

Well said
  • bd0027
    bd0027 Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    "I saw you said you want to feel pretty, so if you don't already, I'm sure you're going to feel like an absolute bombshell once you finish your weight loss journey."

Massive points for that guy. :blushing:
  • Tryxxie2013
    Tryxxie2013 Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    I was at a restaurant a few years ago with my husband & son (this was before my daughter was born), and this little girl of about 5-years-old walks over to our table holding her mom's hand, who's this incredibly beautiful woman. Her mom tells me that her daughter wanted to tell me something. So I look down at this completely adorable little girl, all pigtails and bows, who smiles at me and tells me "you're very purty, like my mommy". I blushed the entire rest of the day. My hubby thought it was hilarious!
  • mikeyboy
    mikeyboy Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    Almost 14 years ago, when my wife said.... "I do"... :flowerforyou:
  • Tryxxie2013
    Tryxxie2013 Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    Almost 14 years ago, when my wife said.... "I do"... :flowerforyou:

Awwwww, this is so sweet!
  • Livin4me1969
    Livin4me1969 Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    I think it was when a guy told me that I was no where near old enough to be a grandmother of 3

Although I did have a guy tell me once that if Moses would have seen me there would have been an 11th commandment but since he never said what it would have been I dont know if that was a good thing or not but I always remember that one...lol
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    It's totally my "MFP's Funniest" award.

tumblr_llebypOZ981qakh43o1_500.gif

Also that one time that one guy said he can't even tell that my sweater meat is lopsided *snort*. As if.
  • ddixon503
    ddixon503 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    When walking into a meeting, a co-worker said "So when is the rest of you arriving."