Goal reached. Family horrified.

Options

Replies

• solidsiren80
    Options
    Is it possible that you were "happier" when you were eating whatever you wanted before? Maybe they considered you a happier LOOKING person for some reason before. When I look at both pics, having never met you and knowing nothing about you, I CAN honestly tell you in my humble opinion, you look happier in the first one, but maybe you were tired in the newer pic? Also, I can say your body LOOKS FANTASTIC AND YOU LOOK SOOOOO MUCH BETTER NOW!!! You dont need to gain any weight! Like the other person said, they have a picture of you in their minds eye, what they are used to seeing, and they arent used to seeing your face look thinner! You look great. It sounds to me like your family- no offense - is a bunch of judgemental, know it all, a-holes. lol you arent alone on that one, let me tell u =P I am 5'5, and 31 yrs old. When I moved back home, everyone kept asking me if I was pregnant. So i knew i had to do something! At that point, I wasnt fat, but I was pushing it, and my belly was huge, thats unfortunately where ALL of my fat goes =( So anyway, 5 months later, I have only lost 10 lbs, but I have gained lots of muscle and lost roughly 8 inches around my stomach area. I can actually walk around and not have to suffocate myself sucking in my stomach! Its WONNNNNDERFUL!!

You. Look. GREAT. Dont listen to them. Yuck to THEIR FACES!
  • mshull
    mshull Posts: 48
    Options
    You look awesome! Don't let them rain on your parade.
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    Wow...I'm shocked and appalled at what some people feel they have the right to say. You look healthy, fit, and trim!

Stand up to them. Tell them to f*** off, that you look great, and it's none of their business. And then don't make it their business any longer. Stick to talking about your journey with those who are supportive of you.
  • rosebette
    rosebette Posts: 1,660 Member
    Options
    You look great, just right, not too thin. Maybe your parents are getting too used to the way Americans look in their neck of the woods.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    No, they're wrong. You look great.
  • IHateThinkingOfAUsername
    Options
    It has probably already been said, but I don't think your reaction necessarily shows that you have image problems... I think regardless of how you feel about your body you'd still be upset and angry by their comments because they are supposed to be the people who love and support you unconditionally. I'd feel the same way. But don't let their unthoughtful comments beat you. You look amazing.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    read your OP not the thread.

Your fam isn't used to that you're old now.

No one's face is gonna look the same decade after decade. It was just filled up and plump and misleadingly young looking.
  • sabinekiwi
    sabinekiwi Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    You are an inspiration! You can't choose your family - but you CAN choose your friends!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    The problem does not lie with you - it's with them.
  • Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,626 Member
    Options
    When women get older and lose a lot of weight, they CAN look drawn and gaunt in their face and neck. That makes us look older. We've all seen that lady. The nice collagen we had when we were teenagers disappears and even though we are the same weight as then, it shows differently. However this is not happening in your case!!!!! You look fantastic! Your face doesn't look too skinny at all! And your figure is awesome too! Maybe they got used to the softness that comes with 30 additional pounds.
  • PlumeriaToo
    PlumeriaToo Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    If you feel healthy, stick with it. Good nutrition, exercise -- what's to complain about. I've noticed that when people drop a lot of weight, it does show in the face as a bit drastic at first but eventually, the body remodels and all seems to become more in tune. Family will get used to it. Stick up for yourself. All the self-proclaimed "experts" in the family should not sway your confidence. Congratulations! :flowerforyou:
  • So_Much_Fab
    So_Much_Fab Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    Well you've gotten a lot of feedback but I just wanted to chime in and say you look perfect! :flowerforyou:
  • NyteMirage
    NyteMirage Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I think you look beautiful. Your family obviously doesn't know what they're talking about. How can they bring you down like that when you've done such an amazing job! I love the after picture and think you look much better. Keep up the great job!
  • raiderrodney
    raiderrodney Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    That would hurt most people's feelings. You look amazing, don't let them get you down. Great dedication, it definitely paid off :wink:
  • Shelley6591
    Shelley6591 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Wow! I think you look great! Maybe the camera when you Skype is at a weird angle because I think you look perfect! Family really has a way of crushing us, keep your chin up, they have no clue what they're talking about!:flowerforyou:
  • bellesouth18
    bellesouth18 Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    Yes, that would hurt my feelings, too. No, you're not too thin. Your face and body look wonderful. If you've been overweight for 20 years (more than half your life), the new you is going to take some getting used to by your family members. Just tell them your BMI is normal, you're happy with the changes, and you don't want to hear any more about it. It's your body and you're the one who lives there, not them.

You've done an amazing job! :love:

Edit: Send them some before and after pictures.
  • sugarchic64
    sugarchic64 Posts: 52
    Options
    you look amazing!!! good job be proud!!!
  • itsfatum
    itsfatum Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    You could use a bit more muscle, but that's about it.
    The hell is wrong with them. You look great!
  • Tiff050709
    Tiff050709 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry your family is not being supportive right now.

I think you look great, not too skinny. You don't need to gain any weight back.
  • WorkingJedi
    WorkingJedi Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    You have done so well. Don't let anyone put you down. You are happy and they should be happy just for that reason. If they are not leave them to it. You're just right for your height.
  • millermkarate
    millermkarate Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    You look great! Congrats on all your hard work!!!

Maybe seeing you in person or seeing the comparison pics will help...I agree it could be that skype is not the best way for them to see how truly healthy and HAPPY you look :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!