Official "Get Friends" Thread

Options

Replies

• stephb130181
    stephb130181 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Brilliant thread idea. I've been using MFP for a few months now, but only recently started using the boards and adding friends.

I'm 33 years old and live in the UK. I've been on this new 'lifestyle change' for 10 weeks now and lost 12lbs and 10.5" all together. Still have a LONG way to go, but I will get there, slowly but surely.

I'm looking for friends to bounce ideas off of and talk to who are in a similar boat to me.

Feel free to add me.

Steph xx
  • Mauthos
    Mauthos Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    In!!

Relatively new to this site, log daily and log everything, eat whatever I want within my goals and happy to provide support to anyone. Aiming to lose another few Kgs, so far I have lost ~8kg since joining mfp with my total weight loss being 26kg's so far. Wanting to hit my target weight of 88kg by september! Feel free to add me!!
  • ayshad8
    ayshad8 Posts: 6
    Options
    Hello Friends,
    Add me to the list to lose 50lbs, for a complete health makeover. This means attaining a healthy lifestyle, for the rest of my life.
    I have yo-yo dieted for most of my life, but finally I understand that I must live healthy EVERYDAY!
  • WorkingJedi
    WorkingJedi Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi all

Just recently re- joined. I first logged in some time ago but I am back into the My fitness pal vibe.

I confess I log in every few days but need motivation and I am good at raising morale for other people. Not so good at doing it for myself !

I have lost weight before so know I can do it but I am finding it so hard this time.

Inspired by other people's stories though.

Marie
  • dianaeatworld
    dianaeatworld Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Add me!

Hi, I'm Di. Alwayslooking for buddies on here :)
  • Glasseschickadee
    Glasseschickadee Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Add me! I'm rededicated to this and can use all the help/ accountability I can get!!!
  • sjanejack
    sjanejack Posts: 158
    Options
    I need more friends on here.
    I weigh 212 pounds, and I want to get down to 150 pounds.
  • mikeyboy
    mikeyboy Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    Yes, I like more friends.... but only if your awesome! :drinker:
  • shiec92
    shiec92 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Hey, looking for some friends to help each other get through this :)

I'm 21, from the UK.
    And hoping to lose another 70lbs maybe?

Thanks
    Cassie x
  • annar298
    annar298 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Yay! I am on a journey to lose 40-50 pounds! Would love some pointers and friends to help along the way. :happy: Have a great day!
  • Gholmar
    Gholmar Posts: 37
    Options
    Swell idea.

I'm 26, looking to lose another 25-30 lbs. Maybe. We'll see when we get closer. The main idea is just to be less squishy.

Feel free to add!
  • ashleezona
    ashleezona Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I've done low fat dieting in the past, but this is my first time trying low-carb. My husband is doing this with me, but my 5 year old child, of course, is not... I cook 3 times a day. I feel like a slave to the kitchen. Bacon grease everywhere! But other than that, this seems like something I could stick with. If you are a low carb mama, please add me!

Also, if you are getting in shape so that you can get more tattoos, or you like punk rock music, or prefer lifting weights rather than cardio, or you live in Texas, or Arizona, or Louisiana (I bounce around all three).... we'll probably have stuff in common and we should be friends.
  • kherrons
    kherrons Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Looking for friends with 100+ to lose!

About me, I won't preach about eating "clean" or organic vs conventional. I have an open diary. I respect and admire people who are honest about their struggle and record everything, even the days they are over calories.

Please feel free to add me :)
  • siport
    siport Posts: 7,429 Member
    Options
    bumping
  • ElidaBravo
    ElidaBravo Posts: 41
    Options
    Hey there.. I appreciate the friends i have here in mfp so much, they are a great source of inspiration to me. I totally understand the importance of this, so feel free to add me if you want! I'm a good friend in real life too .... :)

Elida
  • AceCC86
    AceCC86 Posts: 71
    Options
    Hi everyone!

I'd used MFP about a year ago to help with my weight loss, but definitely "fell off the wagon." So I'm back again! I'm now on a 50 day streak and have gained some great and motivational friends along the way, but I'm definitely looking for more!

I'm 27 years old, 5'4" and started my journey at 205 lbs. I'm now 187 lbs, and though I have a long way to go to reach my goal of 135, I feel so much better and so accomplished already. There are discouraging days and difficult days, but I'm not stopping this time until I reach my goal. So it's nice to have friends to help with support and accountability!

Looking forward to meeting more of you here! Feel free to add me!
  • kr1ssy23
    kr1ssy23 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Im Kristen and Im from Washington State. Im 28 yrs old, 2 kids and I wanna get fit and healthy. Started at 203 and Ive Lost 20 something so far (at 180) and have about 60-70 to go. Just found out I have MS but its still early. Not gonna let it get me cause I have it, it doesnt have me. Add me :)
  • Dazzlingdivagirl
    Options
    Add me!! Im on day two of beach body Hip hop abs....and have a goal to lose 30 lbs!
  • DJ881116
    DJ881116 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    HIIII, I log everyday and need positive motivation :happy:
  • brbbringingsexyback
    brbbringingsexyback Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I've lost 12 lbs (need to update), been doing C25K for a month, been logging in for two months, I am very serious about this. I have been going on and off since 2011 (when I joined) but this time something in me changed. I am not dieting, I am simply eating better and eat whatever I want but I am smart about it. I just cook at home, I eat around 1400 and I have 60 lbs to go! I am doing it slowly but surely.

Stats: Female / Hispanic
    CW: 178
    GW: 120

Come be my friend! I log in daily, and always comment and I'm a social media butterfly!