Anyone else actively training for something?

Options

Replies

• itsfatum
    itsfatum Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I guess we are on the same boat.
    My goal is very broad, but I'm training to compete in inline speed skating at, at least, my country's national level. I've been training for over 300 days already. Getting to 365 in a month and a half or so.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    I've got a 50K in a month, and after that I'll be rolling into a training program for the Chicago Marathon, and a couple other fulls in the fall.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    I'm not a runner or a biker but I am training for my next strong (wo)man competition August 2nd!

1383262123148739_animate.gif
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    I'm starting to train for a 5K in July. I'm not the best runner :blushing:
  • trhendersonNC
    trhendersonNC Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Doing Tough Mudder for the second time in October. I am really training for the Spartan Races next year - I plan to get my Trifecta in 2015.
  • Shropshire1959
    Shropshire1959 Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Training to push my funeral as far into the future that I can.
  • Awesomers
    Awesomers Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    My first 5k is on Saturday!
  • spiralated
    spiralated Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I'm training for drum corps this year! Starting in June I have 11 competitions through Labor Day weekend. Also parades (snore) and rehearsals (eat all the things..)
  • RayInMotion
    RayInMotion Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I ran 3 5Ks last month, another one this Sunday. I'm really hoping to do all half marathons next year, but I just got back into running again in January. Hoping for 10Ks in the fall.
  • KultaPanda2
    KultaPanda2 Posts: 23
    Options
    Half marathon in October for me! Mostly focusing on fitness with a bit of weightloss thrown in for good measure :)
    Always happy to have more friends!
  • Linli_Anne
    Linli_Anne Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I'm in the final 6 weeks of training for my first full marathon on June 15th.

Then I'll be cutting down on the miles a bit and upping the strength training for a 6 KM 17 obstacle mud run on July 26th.

I don't have anything planned for the fall yet in terms of organized races etc. But it doesn't mean I won't be running and showing my weights who is in charge.
  • DeliriumCanBeFun
    DeliriumCanBeFun Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I'm training to finally do my first full century ride soon and to be able to average 18mph for my second MS 150 in October. My goal is to end the year with at least 2000 miles. I have some weight that I'm trying to drop, but I'm mainly focusing on endurance and lowering my body fat %. I'm also very nutritionally focused, and my diary is open. Always open to new liked minded friends :flowerforyou:
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options
    Actively training (tapering) for the Comrades Marathon June 1st. After that, I'll swing into normal fall marathon mode, which some trail ultra-prep mixed in.
  • amandarawr06
    amandarawr06 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I am doing an 8k obstacle mud race on May 31st called the Punisher Adventure! I have been actively training for it lately!
  • Platform_Heels
    Platform_Heels Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I have my first duathlon on May 18. :smile:

7.2 mile race that I do every year the first weekend of June.

If I like it there's another one i want to do in July.

I am also toying with doing a half marathon in October. I haven't done one since 2009

Unfortunately all of my races will be done alone.Husband was training for the du also but he twisted his ankle and busted his toe. :grumble:

I'm not 100% sure on the half marathon because training will be during the summer (read: FUN) time and my long runs will be on the weekend.
  • BakerRunnerBadass
    BakerRunnerBadass Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    Training for a bunch right now.

Punisher Obstacle Course the end of this month
    My first 10k next month
    8k Mud Run in July
    2nd Tough Mudder in August
    And then various runs in the fall between 5k and 10k

Always welcome new active training buddies!
  • fleetzz
    fleetzz Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    First 10 mile race in October. Increasing long miles slowly to avoid/minimize knee pain. Up to a long run if 8.5 miles! Now to get there without two days of pain afterwards????
  • Platform_Heels
    Options
    First 10 mile race in October. Increasing long miles slowly to avoid/minimize knee pain. Up to a long run if 8.5 miles! Now to get there without two days of pain afterwards????

Ice bath after the long runs. They suck balls but they make a huge difference.
  • Platform_Heels
    Options
    Punisher Obstacle Course the end of this month

Something about that name makes it seem unfriendly lol
  • Kinseykick
    Kinseykick Posts: 59
    Options
    Me and my dog are doing a K9 5K in October! I'm almost able to run 3 miles and he can run circles around me but only runs about 1.5 miles because thats all I will let him do in the heat. Once it cools down though we will be training some more :) In the meantime I've been doing other random 5Ks and other workouts. I plan on getting a bike soon too!