How tall would you have to be?

Options
2»

Replies

• PNCTink
    PNCTink Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I would need to be 6'2" and I'm currently 5'4". :)
  • DancingYogini
    Options
    Very creative find! I read somewhere on an "ideal weight chart" that you start at 100 pounds for 5 feet, and for every inch over, add 5 pounds. I am 5'4" also, so I am going for 120! Anyone else ever hear this one?

I've heard of this but I don't think its very accurate. Some people have a small frame and some people have a large frame. Some people have more muscle than others. Aim for something reasonable and also its best if you ask the doctor what is the best weight for your height. Although your aim is within the healthy range so go for it if you think that weight is perfect for you :)

You are right! That formula is only for medium framed women (not sure of the formula for men). If you are small framed you need to subtract 10% and if you are large framed (I think-you can check online) you add 10%. Soooo, I am 5,9", if I were medium framed I should weigh 145, but I am small framed so about 130 is my "ideal" weight. Hope that makes sense, my coffee hasn't kicked in.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    I would have to be 5'9". I barely made it to 5'4" ...... I am from a family of tall people though so if I wouldn't have been so stubborn growing up thinking that I had to do everything MY way and rebel, and just had them teach me how to grow like they all did, maybe I wouldn't have this problem. :laugh: :bigsmile: :laugh: '
    Or it's the milkmans fault that I'm short..........

That's funny! I am from a family of not-so-tall people. Both parents are 5'6", both grandmothers were under 5', and both grandfathers were between 5'7" and 5'9" -- and, although my sisters are 5'2" and 5'6", I somehow sprouted to 5'10" before I reached the age of 12. Maybe I should blame the milkman too??? lol
    My sisters (it stinks being the youngest sometimes) used to say they found me under a cow patty (ewwww).
  • KAM1500
    KAM1500 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I never thought about it, but love the idea. I just checked and I would need to be 6'6" to have a healthy BMI. I don't think I am going to get any taller, so I will just stick with all the wonderful people here and lose the weight. Thanks for the fun topic.
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    I would have to be 5'8 right now I am 5'5 but I can hit 5'8 easily in my shoes does that count?
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    I would need to gain 17 inches in height!!! That is very depressing! :sad:
  • achbarrow
    achbarrow Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I would have to be 6'5" tall...I'm 5'7" Yeah...I still have a ways to go!
  • SafariLara
    Options
    5'6... :) and I'm 5'6. Just barely got into my healthy range