Anyone else actively training for something?

Options

Replies

• juliewatkin
    juliewatkin Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    I feel like I'm always training for a meet. Next one (number 24) is June 21.

Edited to add: powerlifting meet :smile:
  • RoseTears143
    RoseTears143 Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    Holy crap I did NOT expect so many replies! haha awesome!! Thanks peeps that already sent me FR's. I'll work on going through the list and requesting the rest of y'all. :)
  • RoseTears143
    Options
    Ok, I think I got everyone! If I missed someone just shoot me a FR. You guys all got me even more excited for my own event!! This is just great :drinker: :happy:
  • SpecialSundae
    SpecialSundae Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    I started competing in powerlifting in February and I have two or three competitions lined up in the next few months.

Scottish unequipped - 8 June
    Scottish Seniors (subject to qualification in June) - 16 August
    British Classic - 20 September

I'm really going for it this year.
  • Sweet_Heresy
    Sweet_Heresy Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I'm training for a grappling competition in August. Not going to be in the weight class I was shooting for, but trying to get into better shape.

I always wanted to try a tough mudder...maybe this year :)
  • KBClimber
    KBClimber Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm training for a marathon at the end of June. Got a 19 miler on my schedule tomorrow, I've never gone that far before. Assuming that the race goes well, and I dont die....I will be doing another marathon in November. Probably some half marathons and several shorter races in there somewhere. Also doing the Hood to Coast relay in August for the first time. Pretty excited about that!

If all goes well, I should be climbing Rainier this summer as well. Gotta work on hills!
  • RoseTears143
    Options
    Everyone's goals are motivating me. It's exciting to see the things you guys are all working towards. :)
  • IdRatherBeReading
    IdRatherBeReading Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I've got a 5K next weekend, a 5 mile obstacle mud run in Sept and a 15K in Dec....I am also praying that I can get the money together for a half in Sept (which a group I am in is doing together), and another half in Nov.

I went ahead and started my training for the Sept half because it is better to be prepared even if I do not get to do it like I want to.
  • honsi
    honsi Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I'm training for Tough Mudder next year. Eck. I'm the worse at climbing over stuff, jumping off stuff, confined spaces etc so its the biggest thing I've ever aimed to do.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    I am training for tennis. Not pro or anything.
    I may be older, but I still compete and want to advance.
  • GoPhil04
    GoPhil04 Posts: 93
    Options
    I have a bodybuilding show this weekend.
  • Pectinbean
    Pectinbean Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I'm training for my first Half! Fitness is my focus, I'm really beginning to enjoy running. Getting that little bit further is massively rewarding. It's slow going for me at the minute. I'm working on distance rather than speed as I'm just starting out. Set myself a goal this week of covering 100miles by July first. Half isn't til October so trying to stay motivated.
  • Obeah1
    Obeah1 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'll be climbing Mount Kilimanjaro in July.
  • hermann341
    hermann341 Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    Tapering for my third marathon, the Bayshore, in Traverse City, 24 May. Then ramping up again for my fourth, the Monumental in Indianapolis 1 Nov. Plus various and sundry halves between the two.
  • rbiss
    rbiss Posts: 422 Member
    Options

I enjoy the feeling of getting fitter and stronger and relish being surrounded by people who feel the same way about their training as I do (which is; although sometimes it's hard to get out of the door I always love it once I'm out and about).

I miss this part the most about triathlons. I can't wait till I can enter one again, there is no better feeling than being surrounded by people who just celebrate life.
  • DucklingtoSwan
    DucklingtoSwan Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    "I'm training to be fcuking fabulous" I'm not sure there is an event for how fabulous I can be- but when there IS one- I'm going to win- no questions asked.

:flowerforyou: I think I love this.
  • Pectinbean
    Pectinbean Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I'll be climbing Mount Kilimanjaro in July.

Show off! :wink:

That's amazing, good luck with it!
  • honsi
    honsi Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    << always training for the zombie apocalypse. ;)

Cardio!Cardio!Cardio!
  • KeepGoingKylene
    KeepGoingKylene Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Tough Mudder in June!
  • beckytcy
    beckytcy Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I'm training for a marathon at the end of June. Got a 19 miler on my schedule tomorrow, I've never gone that far before. Assuming that the race goes well, and I dont die....I will be doing another marathon in November. Probably some half marathons and several shorter races in there somewhere. Also doing the Hood to Coast relay in August for the first time. Pretty excited about that!

If all goes well, I should be climbing Rainier this summer as well. Gotta work on hills!

I'm training for Rainier too. When are you doing it? I'll be there on July 4