Smaller waist, bigger cup size?

Options

Replies

• CraigFPG
    Options
    Bra size factors in your rib cage size, so if you are losing weight there you may end up with a larger cup size.
  • KimbersNewLife
    KimbersNewLife Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    As I approach the halfway mark for my weight loss goals, I am noticing something different in my body shape. I have gone from a 38-40 C to a 36 D in my bra size. Now I'm not complaining, but in the past when I have lost a large amount of weight, my chest is usually the first think to shrink. Not this time! I'm wondering if any other women out there have had a similar experience. Not sure why it would be this way other than I'm older and I'm staying hydrated with at least 8 glasses of water a day. Somewhat confused?!?

Hi my name is Kimber and I need to totally clone your whole workout schedule and food diary also what viatmins do you take each day and how much water do you drink? Tell me everything!! HA! Mine shrunk...I am SO Jealous!!!
  • KimbersNewLife
    KimbersNewLife Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    i went from 40 C/D to a 36 D/DD. weird i thought too. i was not going to complain either. plus because of me lifting weights, they have lifted up some and look bigger.
    THAT IS SO FREAKIN' AWSOME!!!! THANKS FOR THE TIP! WEIGHT ROOM HERE I COME!!!
  • plushkitten
    plushkitten Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    That's exactly what I'm going through. In the past my boobs would shrink, not by much, but they'd get smaller and perkier through the exercises I was doing. Now I'm doing exactly what I did before and I went from a 34 C to a 34 D and fuller feeling, but still perky! Not sure how this happened, but I am getting older so maybe I'm just getting lucky :)
  • TanyaCurtis
    Options
    Ur probably losing weight more slowly or ur working out more then u have in the past, so it comes off a bit differently
  • AlexPflug
    AlexPflug Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Your cup size is calculated as the number of inches from your actual chest.

Your older measurements: 40 in across your chest, 43 inches including your breast = 40 C (The three inch difference is a C cup)

New measurements: 36 in across your chest, 40 inches including your breast = 36 D (The 4 inch difference is a D cup)

You actually did lose some boob

I was going to say the same thing! Cup size is determined by the difference in the measurement around your breasts, and the waist just under the breasts. So, you may have lost fat from your boobs, but if your waist also got smaller and the difference was bigger than before, you would go up a cup size.

Cup sizes are relative to the person, by the way. One person's D is not the same as another's.
  • JenGranzow
    JenGranzow Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    bprague is 100% correct.
  • gcarpntr
    Options
    This has happened to me to. I did a web search and, according to article on bra fitting, if you go down a band size, you need to go up a cup size. Sometrhing to do with the way the bras are made. So I was wearing a 36C and now I apparently need a 34D. The end result for me, at this point, is that I cannot find a bra that fits properly and is comfortable!
  • wrevhn
    wrevhn Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Yes, I feel you girl. I oddly was measured from a 36c for forever, to a 34d. Do not know how that happens. (apparently like the girl who posted above me) not a common size.
  • BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    I'm so jealous...My boobs are slowly leaving me. WAH
  • Fattack
    Fattack Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Your cup size is calculated as the number of inches from your actual chest.

Your older measurements: 40 in across your chest, 43 inches including your breast = 40 C (The three inch difference is a C cup)

New measurements: 36 in across your chest, 40 inches including your breast = 36 D (The 4 inch difference is a D cup)

You actually did lose some boob

Exactly.

When I lost a lot of weight last year I went from a 38D to a 34DD.
  • jessiemjporter
    jessiemjporter Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    IIccckkk!!! I cant stand that my Boobs got bigger,.

ive lost about 32lbs so far and have about another 40-50lbs to go...

Ive gone from a 40E (or so i thought) then to a 38DD (i thought great!! im going down) i went and got officially measured after a bra was hurting... i nearly cried!!! she said "oh your a.. 34 FF, oh wait, lets make it s G!!!" nnooo!!!

I really wish they where going smaller :(
  • Polishprinsezz
    Polishprinsezz Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    so glad mine shrunk.they need to shrink more still. really contemplated breast reduction as i hate these fat monsters. i was a 46H easy. now i am a 40G still grossly huge but i am still breastfeeding.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    I'm going to take a wild guess that you weren't measured correctly to begin with.
  • Lib_B
    Lib_B Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    i'm with all the others who talked about bra size. I'm a 40DD right now, but I can wear a 42 D and a 38DDD. It's all about the ratio of band width to cup size. Your boobs haven't gotten 'bigger', it's just how bras are sized unfortunately.
  • WickedPineapple
    WickedPineapple Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    As I approach the halfway mark for my weight loss goals, I am noticing something different in my body shape. I have gone from a 38-40 C to a 36 D in my bra size. Now I'm not complaining, but in the past when I have lost a large amount of weight, my chest is usually the first think to shrink. Not this time! I'm wondering if any other women out there have had a similar experience. Not sure why it would be this way other than I'm older and I'm staying hydrated with at least 8 glasses of water a day. Somewhat confused?!?

I had the same experience. My boobs haven't changed in volume (or if they have they've gone down slightly). However, I lost quite a bit of fat from my upper back and ribcage, so my ribcage is now 30" and my bust is 37". I wear a 34DD. I used to wear a 36C. Cup size is based on the difference between your bust measurement and your ribcage measurement, the bigger the disparity, the bigger the cup size. So, as someone else has said, the actual volume of your boobage probably has gone down.
  • jakedner
    jakedner Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I have experienced this too.

I was measured at one of those fancy bra stores a few years ago and was a solid 36C.

I am now finding that my cup size has gone up to a D. I'm going in to get properly measured again when I drop about 5 more pounds.

I'm less than thrilled about needing a bigger cup size - I really like all the bras I currently own and don't want to have to replace them.
  • toadg53
    toadg53 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I've had to replace my bras twice now since I started this weight loss journey. I've gone from a 42 to now a 34 for the band on my bra, but the B cup still fits perfectly on each bra that I buy. I've tried the C cup, but they are WAY too big and always have been. I wouldn't even attempt the A cup, cuz I know it wouldn't be enuf. But I do know that I've lost all the back and side fat that I had. Just seem to be more "saggy" than before, other than that, pretty much the same. My main exercise has been walking from the start. Just added some weight machines 2 months ago, along with kettlebell a couple weeks ago again. Maybe that has helped. Who knows. I've found two brands of bras that I absolutely love and that fit me like a glove, so I stick with those two.
  • helloreenie
    helloreenie Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    when i lost my initial weight, i went down a band size and up a cup size (from 40DD to 38DDD). it happens. i'm back on track now and i can feel them shrinking. i guess it's just part of the process.
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options

Me too - can't be the water, I'm terrible at getting enough. I was putting it down to either age or using weights?!?