tattoos hot or not?

Options

Replies

• Mrs_Marvel
    Mrs_Marvel Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    There alright if you're into that sort of thing.
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,662 Member
    Options
    i think its interesting that tattoos are so previelent that NOT having one is somewhat more non-conformist
  • DavePFJ
    DavePFJ Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Depends on placement and body fat. Seriously.

If you're in shape, and it's a sleeve or other well placed design (not just random small tattoos) - it will probably look good. Look at any tattoo model - they're usually in shape with freshly styled hair too. If you're out of shape, it's going to look trashy.

Lets take David Beckham for example. I'm sure most women will find him attractive. Now if he gained 30 pounds and stretched out - not so much.

I guess the point is that the person makes the tattoo most of the time.
  • Turtle_L0ve
    Options
    Hot!

I have two, one on the inside of each wrist - one says "faith", the other "grace". I've had them about 7 years now and have never felt any amount of regret about them. I got "faith" when my ex-husband first left and "grace" when I was going through my divorce. Faith was to say that no matter what happens, I have faith that I will get through it and will be a better person on the other side. Grace was to say that even though I've made many mistakes throughout my life, God's grace has always been there to catch me. Throughout the past seven years, I've looked at each of these tattoos at various times and they've always served as reminders that I can make it through whatever my current tiral may be.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that some people (my mom, for instance) can look at my tattoos and think they're "trashy" and "only 'biker-chicks' get them" (yes, those are actual things my mom said lol) or whatever comment they want to make but because they mean something to me, other's opinions of them don't matter. You have to do what makes you happy and if someone can't accept you for having a tattoo(s), then they are obviously only willing to see you on the surface anyway and probably wouldn't be worth your time. So, just do what makes you happy and a person who appreciates you for who you are (tattoos or not) will come along :)
  • richardositosanchez
    richardositosanchez Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    If you think they're hot, they're hot. Who cares what other people think?

That being said, I think they're hot, as long as the ink is good.

^^This....
  • Timelordlady85
    Timelordlady85 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    I don't try to concern myself with what others do to their body because I want the same respect in return. If tattoo sleeves make you happy then go for it. I have one tattoo and its on my back. I wouldn't feel comfortable walking my sons to school with tattoos running down my arms or legs but that's just my personal preference.
  • Tiff050709
    Tiff050709 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Yeah but I don't want to get to many. I was told they are addictive.

haha
  • Tiff050709
    Tiff050709 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    When my arms are toned I plan on getting a half sleeve. I like the way they look. I don't care what people think about it. I've always said if you don't like tattoos, don't get one!
    So, to answer your question, they are def hot!!!
  • blueboxgeek
    blueboxgeek Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I absolutely LOVE tattoos! I have many. My latest one below :)

10155485_10152375990644136_847492471_n_zps7edaccf4.jpg
  • xMrBunglex
    xMrBunglex Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    I like what Ron White says: "Tattoos, or as I like to call them, stupidity bruises"

I personally don't have anything against them; but I don't really want some random picture somebody drew to be etched permanently on my skin. And some people just go overboard...have fun with that.
  • WVmom24
    WVmom24 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    HOT! Of course I'm a little biased. :P
  • irNathaniel
    irNathaniel Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Hot - but really does depend, i have my star sign on my neck. :D yes im a Leo
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    I love tattoos...except the tiny little "white-trash" random placed ones. I will be getting a half sleeve done in the next year or so. I can not stand the pain very well...so its going to be a long process. In regards to job placement, I would NEVER work for a place that would not allow tattoos/piercings. I was hired for a job once...and when the CEO came to the work place and seen my nose piercing, I was told to take it out. I stood up, left and never returned. In this case, it was not so much against policy...it was that the CEO did not like piercings.
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    Depends on placement and body fat. Seriously.

If you're in shape, and it's a sleeve or other well placed design (not just random small tattoos) - it will probably look good. Look at any tattoo model - they're usually in shape with freshly styled hair too. If you're out of shape, it's going to look trashy.

Lets take David Beckham for example. I'm sure most women will find him attractive. Now if he gained 30 pounds and stretched out - not so much.

I guess the point is that the person makes the tattoo most of the time.

...I basically agree to this, more so for females than with males (sorry ladies!). I refused to get my half sleeve until I lose the weight and tone up my arm for this exact reason.
  • TrainingToBePerfect
    TrainingToBePerfect Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    I'm in love with tattoos, I only have 3 though, ribs, ankle and foot (three hardest places) but when I get to my goal weight I'm getting one on my thigh ;)

THey are HOT especially with a man with Big arms and tattoos <3 yes ye yes ll
  • littlebutlean
    littlebutlean Posts: 2,159 Member
    Options
    OP is on my FL and someone I would consider one of my closer friends on MFP so i am referring to my rights and refuse to answer the question. :blushing:
  • Agatefairy
    Agatefairy Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I think they're beautiful
  • stacshelb
    stacshelb Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Hot
  • Groovyca2022
    Groovyca2022 Posts: 21,378 Member
    Options
    :heart: My Tatts

Planning to get my back from shoulders to waist done...
  • kershaann
    kershaann Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options
    Definitely HOT I have 8 of them!