More Than DOUBLED My Running Distance Today!

Options
2»

Replies

• Scorpiomom222
    Scorpiomom222 Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! I've just gotten back into running and have made it to 3.4 miles so far. Can't wait to get to 6+!

Thank you. I think I might reward my body and not run 6 miles for a while. haha I think a Mack Truck ran me over in my sleep. lol
  • highgear
    Options
    Great Job!

Be careful though, I made the big jump from 5K to Qtr. Marathon (sounds better than 6K) and wound up with an IL band injury. Killed my running for months. Just something to be aware of.

Contrats!
  • Scorpiomom222
    Options
    Great Job!

Be careful though, I made the big jump from 5K to Qtr. Marathon (sounds better than 6K) and wound up with an IL band injury. Killed my running for months. Just something to be aware of.

Contrats!

I'm feeling it today, and just spent 30 minutes in the bath, warming up my muscles so I could soak while I stretched. It felt good. I feel alot better, but I need two days to recoup.
  • emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Great Job!

Contrats!

I'm feeling it today, and just spent 30 minutes in the bath, warming up my muscles so I could soak while I stretched. It felt good. I feel alot better, but I need two days to recoup.

You will be back to your usual self soon -- they body does need some time after stressing it!
  • Scorpiomom222
    Options
    I just can't believe that going a couple extra miles would do me in that badly.
  • 20carrots
    20carrots Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I swear by ice baths. They're not fun but they eliminate soreness!!
  • Scorpiomom222
    Options
    I had gone to a walk in clinic this morning and it turns out, that I have a light sprain in my ankle from not having the right shoes and running on an uneven surface. GET THE RIGHT SHOES, PEOPLE!!!
  • LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    Hi y'all! I just wanted to pop in and brag a little. hehe I usually just run 5K when I do my runs. Today, I got a wild hair up my *kitten* and decided to not stop running when I got to 4 miles, but decided instead to run 2 more miles. What I DIDN'T know while I was running was that the course I chose to run was half a mile longer than I thought. LOL I was shocked that I had gone 6.6 miles today, when normally, I would run 3.1 miles. Not to mention, I ran in the snow, without my yaktraks to keep me from slipping (injury waiting to happen). I did 6.6 miles in 90 minutes. I haven't calculated how many minutes for each mile, but I know it's a reasonable time. lol I got sick after I got done, though, because of the lengthened distance and I had been hungry, but didn't know it. I HATE that. I was pretty out of it, but fine now, and proud of my distance.
    yippee.gif

WTG! Fantastic run!!!

Just goes to show you must have been well ready to do that distance! Excellent way to start of the new year!!!

I don't think I was ready for that distance. My ankle is on fire today on the outside, right below the ball of my ankle. Do you think an anti-inflamatory drug and some ice might help?

Stick a coldpack on it, only go for the anti-inflamatories if it doesn't go down at all after a day of using the coldpack. Well that's what I would do anyway.

Hope it heals quickly, you'll need to not run on it for a little while, until it calms down xxx
  • Nailrep
    Nailrep Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    That's great!!! Goo for you!!
  • sbusch21
    Options
    Great Job!! But be careful on the spontaneous increases like that . Back in June, I had been running 3 miles frequently, then one day I just decided to do 5 miles. What a mistake that was. I ended up tearing muscles in my hip, and had to completely stop exercising for about 2 months. I learned the hard way that gradual increases are best in running. Again, fantastic job!
  • Scorpiomom222
    Options
    Great Job!! But be careful on the spontaneous increases like that . Back in June, I had been running 3 miles frequently, then one day I just decided to do 5 miles. What a mistake that was. I ended up tearing muscles in my hip, and had to completely stop exercising for about 2 months. I learned the hard way that gradual increases are best in running. Again, fantastic job!

I have a light sprain in my ankle. That's why it hurts so bad. And my husband has to work today, so I'm going to be alone with the kids. Not to mention, we have stairs. Ugh It hurts to go up the stairs.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!