I am still a size 8!

Options

Replies

• zombiesalad
    zombiesalad Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2, 120lb. My thighs are the last place my weight comes off of. I'm in a 6 right now, and almost comfortably in a 4 if not for the thighs..
  • Keepcalmanddontblink
    Keepcalmanddontblink Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    I used to weigh 130 pounds but now I weigh 120 pounds. All of the women on my dad's side of the family have big thighs. I seem to have inherited that trait. If I lose 5 or 10 pounds, will I still be a size 8?! It does not bother me too much but it does kind of suck. How can you be 120 pounds and still be an 8? Gr..... By the way, I am 5 foot 3. Women who are around this height - how much do you weigh and what size are you?
    Well first of all, way to go, losing 10lb is great! I am a LOT bigger and would LOVE to be a size 8. Currently I can still wear my size 20 jeans and barely fit into 18's. It's pretty puzzling to me that I can still wear the same pants I started out wearing before I lost weight, so I do know where you are coming from.
    I have no answers for you. Just putting it out there that I can relate and wonder the same thing sometimes.
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3", 125 lbs and a size 8 pants (6 dress.) Nothing to be ashamed of.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" 172 and I can wear a size 8 in womens.

Same here. 5'7", 175, size 8. I guess it all depends on your shape and body composition.
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    I firmly believe that you didn't inherit big thighs from your family. What you did inherit is the same eating habits and lifestyle that gave your family big thighs. If you change those 2 things (like your doing), you will not have big thighs.

My 2 cents
  • Odiliawine
    Odiliawine Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I'm almost 5'3 and 138 pounds (on a good day) and wear between a 8-11 depending on the store. Like all the other ladies said, it all comes down to body type.
  • KSpiked
    KSpiked Posts: 12
    Options
    You ARE skinny lol. imho Super crazy skinny = not a woman. I sometimes get super crazy skinny but only from not wanting to eat. I dont really like to look that way.
  • KSpiked
    KSpiked Posts: 12
    Options
    Also, I was about 125lbs in this pic. Although Im not at the moment. Really really not. Nor do I have great abs ..sniff lol. Holy cow , I just saw your other pics. You are a little girl. Good heavens, you probably know a lot of seriously skinny people. Thats because they arent women yet. Just keep eating right and keep active.
  • Mich4871
    Mich4871 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    My "size" is deceiving....

I am 5'1", weight 150lbs and I am a loose size 8. I have some pants that are a 6 that fit perfectly and comfortable. I have another 25lbs to my goal weight.

With that said when I was 18 and the same weight I am now (I'm 20+ years older now!), I was in a snug 14. So either the manufacturers altered their sizes, or my body is SO differently composed now, after 2 children and an every day work out schedule.
  • mamasitaroja
    mamasitaroja Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    5'7", 169# and I wear a size 8. At my thinnest, I wore a size 5 dress and had the "thigh gap", but didn't feel very healthy :(.
    The women in my family have awesome hourglass figures....but with those thighs you speak of! :D Just get fit and strong, and make sure your clothes fit correctly. No one can see your size or your weight- they can only see how good you look and how confident you are in your own skin!
  • rosebette
    rosebette Posts: 1,659 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1.5" around 120 and can wear a size 6 or 8. I never thought a size 8 was huge until the past few years when super skinny young actresses became popular and people began to brag about wearing a size 2 or even 0. I can get into some brands 6 or even 4 pants, but I need the 8 in tops and jackets because I have big shoulders and a wide back.
  • KimiSteinbach
    KimiSteinbach Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    8 is great!!!
  • Rachaelluvszipped
    Rachaelluvszipped Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    I fluctuate in my sizes depending on many factors>>

1) water retention
    2) bloating
    3) carb overload
    4) exercise I did they day before..whether I ate more protein/less carbs or vice versa

I'm 5'3
    wt range 140-145
    Size range 6-8

I wouldn't worry too much about weight..if clothes look great on u & ppl give u compliments...its all good! No one knows your size, weight..its all in the confidence u show. First of all, I know I'm my own worst enemy..when I feel at my worst..that's when I get amazing friends telling me I'm doing great, looking great and wanting advice..SUPER BONUS!!
  • jlhudsons
    jlhudsons Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi. I am 5`2" and was a size 6 pants but because of where I am in life (I guess) 62 years old I have a built in "life preserver" at my waist. They call it "muffin top" which is gross but my butt has graduated into a size 8, I am trying to stay at 1200 calories a day, stay active but the weight isn`t coming off very quickly like when I was on My Fitness Pal before. I live close to one of the Great Lakes and I don`t swim but I will be safe with my "built in" life preserver! LOL! I am going to keep going and not give up at this point but honey, size 8 is a size some women would love to be so don`t be hard on yourself! You are young and I am sure the Life preserver thing doesn`t affect you. Just maintain. At 5`3' you sound perfect! Too thin isn`t attractive and you are very pretty!
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with an 8..

I am 5 ft 7 156lbs and my jeans are 5/6 (areopostle brand), size 7 in Silver jeans...medium shirts etc

It's all about how you are built.

you will find women who lift can weigh more and wear a smaller size.

I was so happy when I hit a size 8...

I can say this tho, I put my prom dress on from 1990...it's a size 9...it fits perfectly...sizes are different depending on how old the item is, who makes it (Calvin Klein does vanity sizing), American Eagle sizes are quite small (jeans any esp skinny jeans)

That's the other thing that affects sizes...the cut..skinny jeans will fit a lot differently at a size 8 than regular cut.
  • holly55555
    holly55555 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Just to give you some perspective, everyone is different, but I'm 5'8 and I weigh 125 lbs. I'm very small-framed, though. I'm a size 0-4 depending on brand.

It also depends on where you lose your weight. If your thighs are the last place to lose fat, for example, you may not change jean size for a while but your body composition will shift - meaning you will look better and more firm, before they actually change size.

It's not a race, it's a journey! Congrats on your weight loss so far!
  • Jess732008
    Jess732008 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I used to weigh 130 pounds but now I weigh 120 pounds. All of the women on my dad's side of the family have big thighs. I seem to have inherited that trait. If I lose 5 or 10 pounds, will I still be a size 8?! It does not bother me too much but it does kind of suck. How can you be 120 pounds and still be an 8? Gr..... By the way, I am 5 foot 3. Women who are around this height - how much do you weigh and what size are you?

That is not that weird. I have heard of 130 lbs girls being a size 10 or 12 and these girls were pretty muscular. I think you need to do weight lifting. I am sure others have said the same, to tone up, and make your body smaller.
  • bethlaf
    bethlaf Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    714fb5e28e48201b03b1e904aa9dfde0.jpg

sorry it came out so bit , it came from pinterest, i just saw this last night ... thought it was interesting by how we judge sizes and all
  • Eleonora91
    Eleonora91 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Judging your progresses by the size you're wearing can be deceiving. I lost 20 kgs (44 lbs) and only dropped 2 sizes, maybe even less on my butt, but I definitely look different. I can still fit in some of my old clothes, just in a completely different way. I personally need to lose a lot of weight before dropping a size, and I guess it's because I don't lose weight homogenously in my body.