About what size do you think a 115lb girl would be?

Options
2»

Replies

• Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    Stop worrying about a number on a little, tiny tag on your clothes. If they look good on you then that's the size you should wear. If you have a muffin top when you button your pants or they're sliding down your butt then that's the wrong size.
  • stephe1987
    stephe1987 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    The biggest factor is going to be body fat percentage. Two people who weigh 115 lbs could have very different body compositions. Someone who is more muscular is going to be of a smaller size than someone who still has some body fat.

The other big factor is frame size. If someone has a larger frame they are not going to fit into a 0 or a 2 no matter how low their body fat percentage is. They might be able to get into a 4 if their body fat percentage goes lower than what is recommended for their gender, but that is not healthy.

(Yes, there are some companies whose size 6 is going to be different than another company's size 6, but for this post I am talking about clothing sizes within the same company.)
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    oh i just noticed you asked 3 or 5. yeah you could be either. i was 3 when I weighed 115 at your height for like ten minutes in high school.

i also just noticed you are mackenzie. you were on my FL with another mackenzie name. you were eating too little and your body type might not make you so tiny when you diet b/c you were actually pretty well built as I recall. you had the best figure.

try to forget about the number in your pants label. and try not to compare yourself with your friends. i knkow its hard but you have to break this habit NOW, for your own sake.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    Body composition matters too. Are you fat, lean or buffed?

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

if i remember correctly she's slightly buffed in her lower half.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    Is it just me, or does this sound like a very young person's question?

she is very young as I recall. like 18 she claimed in the past.
  • Solangelle
    Solangelle Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    It honestly depends on your body shape/composition. When I was a teen and weighed around 120 lbs (no muscle!) I was a size 8, because I have a bigger butt. But I'd most always have to get my mom to take in the legs and hem them up so they'd fit me properly.
  • Chinamarie20
    Chinamarie20 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    First, like everyone says, pants size is highly variable and it shouldn't be a number you obsess over.

Second, I am 5ft 1in and I weight 130. Body type is a huge part of what your pants size is. I am 100% pear-shaped. My thighs and butt are the biggest part of my body and my waist is really tiny and jeans are always loose at the top. Part of this is body type but also I have good thigh muscles. :^) While I wear an xs/s in all shirts, I wear a size 5 in boot cut jeans and a size 7 in skinny jeans from target.

Working out makes a huge difference in how your clothes fit too!

Good luck, don't give up. Keep at it!
  • wyattj99
    wyattj99 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" 118 lbs and a size 6 - but I have hips and thighs
  • leantool
    leantool Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Go to www.mybodygallerie.com,you will see people looking dramatically different in same heigjt and weight.women are not cookies to fill the right slots,everyone is different ,unique and beautiful..
    There should not be a 'should' in the size...just be healthy.

Sorry,if i was preachy and /or offensive. Take care and be happy
  • wilsoje74
    wilsoje74 Posts: 1,720 Member
    Options
    I have a friend who is about 5'4... 5'5 and is super skinny. 125lbs. She wears a size 0. I also have a friend who is like a 4'11, and 130 she wears a size 5. If I'm about 105-115 about what size do you think I could be? 3? 5?

I know it's different for everyone, but I just kinda want an idea of what I could possibly be.

I HATE being a size 12ish...

I'm about 5'2 by the way
    i have to say that I find it hard to believe the 4'11" friend is a 5 at that weight
  • IvanyMerk2012
    Options
    I was 125lbs 5"4 wearing a size 2,3 and size 0 in some brands I think it has to do with the shape if your body and body fat percentage
  • lsorci919
    lsorci919 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Not sure but I'm about 130 and a size 5 right now..... so my guess would be about a 1 or 3
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    Its going to be different for everyone. People are differently. But I'm 5"8 tall, weigh 135 and wear a size 4.
  • kid_amy
    kid_amy Posts: 10
    Options
    It depends on the person's height, build, age, etc. But, at 5'7 115-118 lbs I usually wear a size 2. Hope this helps :)