BACK after a year MIA... WOMEN ONLY

Options

Replies

• dme1977
    dme1977 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    yes, I would like WOMEN ONLY as my friends on here... NOT interested in men friends ...for what?? I am not an attention seeker !:noway:
    I have REAL men in REAL life who can do that for me!!:grumble:
    I am here to lose weight/get healthy with WOMEN as my friends...:flowerforyou:
    geeze I was here for a few years and left and now that I am back I have to go through this whole issue AGAIN... :huh:
    yeah yeah... boohoo for me.

suck it up buttercup.
    aren't you a prize.

I do think of myself as quite a catch thank you :laugh:
    as long as you're consistent with your delusions of grandeur :flowerforyou:

Consistency is key my dear :bigsmile:
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    Maybe Im not trying hard enough because all my male friends do are offer fitness advice. :grumble:
  • InevitableButterfly
    InevitableButterfly Posts: 340 Member
    Options

if its right for YOU that's great, but for me, I'd rather NOT.

I would have thought THIS /\ answer was enough...

Since I NEED to re quote myself :

I AM NOT AN ATTENTION SEEKER OF MEN.
    NOT SAYING YOU ARE.

BUT FOR *ME*
    I {PREFER} WOMEN FRIENDS ON HERE BECAUSE I DO NOT WANT ANY *UNWANTED* MALE ATTENTION.

*****please unwad your panties they seem to be in a bunch.***

You think you'd get unwanted male attention?

YZHYb.gif

Some of the most brilliant people I've met here have been men. Why write off an entire gender just because you think a couple or one of them may hit on you or give you a compliment that you then likely take the wrong way only because they are a man and then you get your panties all bunched up? I'm a rape survivor and my rapist was a man, but I don't write off men just because they're men. I've received a couple of somewhat pervy messages from a couple of guys but I was mature enough to respond appropriately.

Give the men a chance, and don't label the rest of us who do have male friends as 'attention seeking'. We're not.

Cheers.
  • dme1977
    Options
    While I FULLY respect EVERYONES opinions and rights to choose and share,

HERE IS MY RIGHT:

I have the RIGHT to CHOOSE to NOT have male friends on here.

MEN
    . do NOT have the same body as mine, so are NOT on the weight loss journey " I " am on.
    .They have different caloric needs than I do with different macros, so therefore only have book or head knowledge of a WOMANS weight loss journey.
    .They have NEVER given birth, so my TARGET areas are something they do NOT have personal KNOWLEDGE about.
    AND
    . Although I have my own PERSONAL reasons for NOT wanting male friends I have CHOSEN to NOT disclose those, so if this means I am "writing off" a whole group of people ...so be it .

it also means, IF THEY ARE CONTACING ME PERSONALLY THAT IT IS *UNWANTED* ATTENTION.
    ATTENTION THAT I AM *NOT* SEEKING.

WHICH CAN BE MOSTLY ***AVOIDED** BY NOT HAVING THEM AS FRIENDS.

THANK YOU FOR RESPECTING **MY RIGHTS** AS MUCH AS I HAVE RESPECTED YOURS TO CHOOSE AND DO AS **YOU** WISH TO.

please continue to rant and rave over something that is as simple as me asking for women only as friends.
  • dme1977
    Options
    7sJ1yJi.jpg?1
  • BurntCoffee
    BurntCoffee Posts: 234 Member
    Options

HERE IS MY RIGHT:

MEN
    . do NOT have the same body as mine, so are NOT on the weight loss journey " I " am on.
    .They have different caloric needs than I do with different macros, so therefore only have book or head knowledge of a WOMANS weight loss journey.
    .They have NEVER given birth, so my TARGET areas are something they do NOT have personal KNOWLEDGE about.
    AND
    . Although I have my own PERSONAL reasons for NOT wanting male friends I have CHOSEN to NOT disclose those, so if this means I am "writing off" a whole group of people ...so be it .

it also means, IF THEY ARE CONTACING ME PERSONALLY THAT IT IS *UNWANTED* ATTENTION.

THANK YOU FOR RESPECTING **MY RIGHTS** AS MUCH AS I HAVE RESPECTED YOURS TO CHOOSE AND DO AS **YOU** WISH TO.

please continue to rant and rave over something that is as simple as me asking for women only as friends.

Sheesh, people will pick that one thing out of a post and just run it into the freaking ground. Who cares if she only wants to be friends with women. Why question it like she somehow was making a statement about others that choose differently? DME1977, you are entitled to only be friends with women if that is what you feel is right for you. You owe NOBODY an explanation for that. I can't believe the audacity of some people.
  • dme1977
    Options
    :blushing:

{pshhhhhhhhhhh FINALLY someone gets it}

ty.
  • Vigilance88
    Vigilance88 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    just don't accept them and don't mention it everywhere?
    what's the point of specifically posting about excluding people. such a bait.
  • dme1977
    Options
    I didnt think it would cause such a tizzy..:explode:
    will DEFF take that into consideration before I post again.
    Thanks.
    :drinker:
  • mcspiffy88
    mcspiffy88 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Sniff sniff attention drama queen spotted.
  • BurntCoffee
    BurntCoffee Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    dme1977, Don't worry about the drama queens here that think everything someone says is a personal affront to them. You are doing great in your recovery and I for one have nothing but respect for that. Good for you. Keep it up. I truly hope you can find some people here that can help you in your journey towards recovery.
  • 143tobe
    143tobe Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Holy cannoli. Why all the fuss? You'd think that arguing a point on MFP is a major calorie burner or something. She's looking for female friends. Done
  • tmaryam
    tmaryam Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I only add women also. (Besides the hubs, but he rarely checks in.) Just a matter of personal preference, nothing offensive about it. Sending you a request. Best of luck in your journey!
  • gemmamummy
    gemmamummy Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I understand where this lady is coming from, I only have a couple of fellas on my friends list, because I am mostly wanting to see food diaries of women who have the same aims as me......I've yet to meet a 4'11 101lbs guy who weight lifts on MPF! Who knows one day I might!!
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    You have every right to wish only female friends. I cannot believe how pathetic some individuals have been about something so minor. Obviously not had their drama for the day so felt the need to needlessly create some. Good luck finding the friends you will feel most comfortable with.
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    QFT
  • tmaryam
    tmaryam Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    QFT

Stay calm, she wrote an introductory post about the type of friends she was wishing to add on MFP, she didn't rent a billboard or airplane banner.
  • dme1977
    Options
    if they need something to brighten their day then here... what a great idea you gave me...

PUaCU3D.gif?1

:laugh::laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Forty6and2
    Forty6and2 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options

HERE IS MY RIGHT:

MEN
    AND

Sheesh, people will pick that one thing out of a post and just run it into the freaking ground. Who cares if she only wants to be friends with women. Why question it like she somehow was making a statement about others that choose differently? DME1977, you are entitled to only be friends with women if that is what you feel is right for you. You owe NOBODY an explanation for that. I can't believe the audacity of some people.

I had no issue until she insinuated that women who have male friends are attention seekers. My post is on the first page if anybody wishes to refer to it.

I honestly do not have an issue with anybody wanting to add just their own gender, I have an issue with attacks on those of us who add all genders
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Yeah OP, returning to this train wreck of a thread 3 days after it died down does not make you seem like an attentions seeker at all.

Not at all.
This discussion has been closed.