The REAL Five Foods That Lead To Belly Fat!

Options

Replies

• mikeyboy
    mikeyboy Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    I happen to love black licorice. However, let me give you my "big five":
    a. Organ meats
    b. Milk chocolate
    c. "the whites": Bread, rice, potatoes
    d. gravy and mayo
    e. Anything manufactured by Frito Lay

Great.. there goes my gravy & mayo covered chocolate bars.
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    How can black licorice lead to belly fat? As far as i know, no one has ever eaten it. They just buy it and leave it sitting around like some kind of edgy, hipster badge.***

***None of this is true. Black licorice is AMAZING, and I was eating it way before it was cool to eat!

I'm sorry, I'm just not sure we can be friends any more. :sick:
  • stiobhard
    stiobhard Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    it's well past time for congress to act and outlaw these. :angry:

black licorice
    2376804574_247739db54-255x300.jpg

quinoa
    quinoa.jpg

cauliflower (aka "just like normal pizza crust")
    cauliflower.jpg

asparagus
    asparagus.jpg

brussels sprouts
    Maple-Brussel-Sprouts-5.jpg

mr-yuk1.gif

I like pretty much all those things except asparagus. Im on the fence about quinoa.... i like it in some things but most people do the wrong things with it in my opinion.

black licorice are pretty much the only jelly beans or gum drops that have any decent flavor. but thats a whole other can of worms i guess.
  • Go_Mizzou99
    Go_Mizzou99 Posts: 2,628 Member
    Options
    What about the guy at work on Atkins eating...gasp...I shudder to say it: Pork Rinds dipped in Hellman's Real Mayonnaise. This has to make the list.

Commence dry heaves...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSNwfy_MotP7s1h1nWLcK-Ix9Q2u2kOyHdTtulLhGCnvtMbVOldAvgr9jUhellmans-mayo-0709-lg.jpg
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    How can black licorice lead to belly fat? As far as i know, no one has ever eaten it. They just buy it and leave it sitting around like some kind of edgy, hipster badge.***

***None of this is true. Black licorice is AMAZING, and I was eating it way before it was cool to eat!

:frown:

What if Mike and I share the black licorice and you can have all the red licorice?
  • George_Baileys_Ghost
    George_Baileys_Ghost Posts: 1,524 Member
    Options

What if Mike and I share the black licorice and you can have all the red licorice?

giphy.gif
  • herobi
    herobi Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    a. Organ meats
    b. Milk chocolate
    d. gravy and mayo
    I am confused as to why so many people believe rice and potatoes lead to belly fat. If rice and potatoes are making you fat it's the oil you fry it in or the butter you put on it.
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    Options

giphy.gif
    I see we've resorted to taunting me with gifs I can't see once again! *storms off*
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    Options

This might be acceptable as long as it's only the Australian style strawberry licorice, that doesn't actually taste anything like licorice whatsoever.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options

This might be acceptable as long as it's only the Australian style strawberry licorice, that doesn't actually taste anything like licorice whatsoever.

I've never heard of strawberry licorice but it sounds good.
  • saschka7
    saschka7 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    a. Organ meats
    b. Milk chocolate
    d. gravy and mayo

Good God, I'll agree with organ meats but everything else are regular staples on my list! I only wish I could get away with eating Fritos every day of my life as well.
  • saschka7
    saschka7 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Licorice is just disgusting in any flavor. As are Swedish Fish and anything else that is really rubber passed off as tasteless candy. Ble-urgh!:noway:
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    Options

I've never heard of strawberry licorice but it sounds good.

Ommmmmnomnomnomnomnomnom!
    6a00d8341c77ee53ef017d3cc8d887970c-800wi
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    I hate how Cauliflower gets such a bad rap. It's so good for tightening up your skin as you lose. Everyone hates it, and it stinks when you cook it, sure, but there's a reason some people lose 100 lb and look great, and others need surgery for the excess skin. I'll keep my daily cauliflower, thanks.

However, let me give you my "big five":
    a. Hot Dogs
    b. Licorice of course
    c. Brussel Sprouts
    d. Head Cheese
    e. Bologna
  • George_Baileys_Ghost
    George_Baileys_Ghost Posts: 1,524 Member
    Options

giphy.gif
    I see we've resorted to taunting me with gifs I can't see once again! *storms off*

Do-you-even1.gif
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Black licorice can go. I won't fight that hard on the rest of them, but I will participate in the quinoa pasta black market. But asparagus has to stay. It's fabulous prepared correctly.
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,302 Member
    Options
    I support your ban of licorice, you're on your own for the rest.

8 ½ out of 10 scientists agree with outlawing all 5. tongue0015.gif

scientists_490.jpg

Whoa - back the train up a minute. Is the female scientist the 1/2 person in your statement?

AmyPoehlerasKatieCouricblinking.gif

I do not believe it is due to gender, but the fact she does not have gloves. True story. Upside, she does not have to perform probes like the Doc in Fletch--->some consolation.
  • MizMimi111
    MizMimi111 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I hate how Cauliflower gets such a bad rap. It's so good for tightening up your skin as you lose. Everyone hates it, and it stinks when you cook it, sure, but there's a reason some people lose 100 lb and look great, and others need surgery for the excess skin. I'll keep my daily cauliflower, thanks.

a. Hot Dogs
    b. Licorice of course
    c. Brussel Sprouts
    d. Head Cheese
    e. Bologna

Cauliflower helps tighten lose skin?? :huh:

Explain please.
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options

Whoa - back the train up a minute. Is the female scientist the 1/2 person in your statement?

I thought it was because she was teeny compared to the dudes.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options

a. Hot Dogs
    b. Licorice of course
    c. Brussel Sprouts
    d. Head Cheese
    e. Bologna

And the difference is cauliflower? :huh: