Short Gals (under 5'3) unite!

Options

Replies

• beccataz23
    beccataz23 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Im 5'3 and 116, Im hoping to get down to 105 :)
  • tabithacate
    tabithacate Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I am just under 5 foot and last time I weighed myself I was 165 pounds although I think I am nearer 160 now. Last year I got down to 140 from 182 using MFP. Looking to be 133 pounds by summer :)
  • somuchlaughter
    Options
    I am 5'0 173. My goal is to get to 130 and I have been slacking on MFP for a while. I would like to to join to keep myself motivated and really get to where I want to be.
  • jniece55
    jniece55 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'0. I have been on and off here for a while. I like to log on for the forums and get good tips.
    My SW was 141,
    CW is 136
    GL is 115-120

I would love if anyone can offer any tips on what helped them be successful. I feel like my weight won't budge from here. I run but turns into mostly interval runs as I have a hard time staying at a fast pace for too long so I tend to do the intervals. I do some weights as well on the bosu.

I eat some vegetables and some fruits but it is sort of limited so I try to just do well on calories. I wish I was one of those people that loved fresh fruit and vegetables as much as everyone else but I really stick to the regular ones.
  • jniece55
    jniece55 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    BTW feel free to add me or offer any advice that worked for you.
  • antaylor2009
    antaylor2009 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    4'11 Gym addicted (:
    SW:135
    CW:133
    GW: 110

I love strength training and cardio! FEEL FREE to add me :D
  • calahcarlock
    calahcarlock Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3" and currently 202...started MFP at about 219. I would like to get to 140. Feel free to add me!

We have almost the same stats!! My first goal is 170 but in the end I'd like to get to 140 also!
  • deinsohn
    deinsohn Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am not quite 5 feet and weigh 147. I need to get down to 120-125 by the fall. My son is getting married so that is great motivation! Hoping to get and give a lot of support from this group!
  • msthang444
    msthang444 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2. Im at 145, started at 162, wanna be at 130.

37yo, 6 kids, full time teacher, in grad school, doing Body For Life program as my "skeleton" for my workouts.
  • Ratches
    Ratches Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    4ft 11 and a half - being little is tough because 5 to 10 pounds really feels an shows.

I started at 160 I am 155 now I would like to be 130 - 135 for my height I am supposed to be like 110 - so not realistic for me.

It's nice to know I am not the only one out there with big numbers to achieve just because of my height

Good Luck all - keep me as a friend :flowerforyou:
  • mirandaly92
    Options
    5'2" (almost!) and really struggling with losing weight. It's exciting when I do actually lose any because 5 pounds on a little woman really shows! But the opposite is true as well. I'm new to MFP and I'd love to have some friends and support too, especially from you other short girls!
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    5'0", current weight 109 lbs, goal weight 106 lbs. Currently prepping for my first bikini competition in July!
  • eleanorhawkins
    eleanorhawkins Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Around 5'21/2 and at just under 162 according to the height/weight convertor I found, used to metric! Looking to get down to 143 to start with and see if I can keep going after that, don't remember the last time I weighted that little. Main problem is trying to eat healthily and not just go crazy and try to starve myself plus find low impact exercise my arthritic joints can cope with. Looking forward to sharing journeys with people!
  • Frissy14695
    Options
    I'm right there with you! 5'3" and at an all time high of 205!!! What exercises work best for you? I am wanting to be at or around 145 myself. Keep in touch with me. It would be nice to have a weight loss buddy.
  • courtcourtfnp
    courtcourtfnp Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Hey y'all. I'm 5'2, currently at around 225, which is down 10lb from my SW. My goal is around 135-140; most importantly I want to look and feel good, the actual number isn't the most important thing. Feel free to add me!
  • srv524
    srv524 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'll need all of your phone numbers...thanks :laugh:
  • kborton1122
    kborton1122 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1 and have been using MFP for 2.5 years. I met my goal a year ago, but failed with maintenance and gained 20 lbs back. Soooo.... here I am, trying to get back to where I was a year ago. I truly felt my best at that time. It will always be a struggle but I know what to do, and it's worth the work to get there.
  • alixbrand
    alixbrand Posts: 1
    Options
    hi :)
    Im 5ft 1.. currently 190 lbs, just starting up. Hoping to get to 120-130. Add me :) Open to any tips, quick healthy meals, workout tips, etc.!
  • marymoni
    marymoni Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm 5"3 and am currently 140lbs. My goal is to get to 125lbs. Love any motivation from other short ladies so feel free to add me :)
  • Dancemmw
    Dancemmw Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi I am 5 foot even and about 183! Hoping to get down to 135!!!