Ladies 5"10 and taller?

Replies

• kittikat1119
    kittikat1119 Posts: 96 Member
    Hi! I am 5'11" and weighed in at 143 this morning. I hover between 142-144 most mornings. I HAVE NEVER FELT BETTER!!! I eat right and lift weights with a day or two of cardio thrown in a week. You can find my success story here which includes pictures…

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1154161-overweight-to-fit-in-9-months-52-pounds-down

I've dropped about 6 or 7 pounds since I posted it and am currently fitting into a size 4-6 (I thought I would never get to below a 10!).

I can't see myself getting much lighter. Actually, I could see gaining a pound or two of muscle as I continue to lift weights.

You look amazing! Great story! I have to say you mentioned your stretch marks in the post, I noticed them but in a good way. It shows how hot us moms can look with our "tiger stripes" as my husband likes to call them. Amazing job!
  • I'm 5'11 at my heaviest I was 272lbs I'm currently at 243lbs my target is 160lbs but I don't know how I'm going to look when I get closer to that target. I have wide hips, a broad back and shoulders with some seriously thick calves :sad: but I can't change that unfortunately. I'd say get to a size that is healthy and you're comfortable with.

For me I'm going for a healthier lifestyle rather than "I must lose weight". The lost lbs are a bonus for me :smile: I'd love to be a tall, delicate flower with amazing legs and a feminine frame but no such luck :laugh:

My doctor wants me at 10 stone where I think personally i'd look too thin for my frame and ill. I'll settle for around 12. Unfortunately I don't have any pics for you I don't get caught at the lens end of a camera lol too scary :smile:
  • Pusarah
    Pusarah Posts: 124 Member
    5'10 and my goal is 160..but I have a looong way to go so that might change in the meantime coupled with how I feel. I carry my weight pretty evenly, but we'll see when I get smaller how things work out. GL :)
  • rexroars
    rexroars Posts: 131 Member
    http://24.media.tumblr.com/51d7ab3bc08003a5b6c50dce9e193c40/tumblr_ml1zqr7D8e1r3jtwbo1_1280.jpg

I'm 5'10" and currently 148 lbs (this photo is around 155). I'm still carrying all of my excess weight in my stomach, which I hate... but I'm going to start focusing more on strength training than cardio! My goal is 135-140 (depending on how I feel). My highest was about 180 when I was doing sports regularly but also eating all of the junk food I wanted.

I have really wide shoulders and hips, and I'm size US 6-12 depending on where something is tight. (Around the waist can be a 6, around the hips can be 12!)

(Broadness of shoulders vs. waist - http://37.media.tumblr.com/94675316561ec83a621db9c4e56577df/tumblr_mit2leXsin1r3jtwbo1_1280.jpg ). I think your final weight will really depend on how everything sits on your figure.

What I wear makes a HUGE difference (because of my broad shoulders mostly). If I wear something tight I look a lot thinner than if I wear something loose and it just hangs off of my shoulders like a box.
  • onefitchick75
    onefitchick75 Posts: 6 Member
    Thank you!! I will wear my stretch marks proudly this summer. :):)
  • BaileyP3
    BaileyP3 Posts: 151 Member
    Age definitely makes a difference too! For example my ticker shows me on my 50th in December. 6'0, 144 lbs 38 - 30 - 37.5
    When I was in my 20's 144 lbs looked a lot different. I didn't work on problem areas and concentrated on cardio. These days it's more about strength training

FYI, my highest weight was 226 lbs when I was 40...(couple of really stressful years and I was up 80 lbs)
  • MsPantherNPink
    MsPantherNPink Posts: 24 Member
    I'm 5'10 and my ideal weight to me is around 180. That weight puts me in a size 10 comfortably. I don't want to be thin. Some may say 180 is a lot, but I am solid (not flabby), and very active.
  • Jennisin1
    Jennisin1 Posts: 574 Member
    5'10 and currently 160, thinking 145.

I totally think it's up to you and what fits you. People carry weight differently and some have more muscle mass and different bone structure than others.
  • s_light
    s_light Posts: 58 Member
    I'm 5'10 and at my lightest ever I was 125, no way I'll ever go back there I looked like a walking skeleton. I'm starting at 213 and shooting for 145-155.
  • saraghali
    saraghali Posts: 63 Member
    Bump
  • Great thread ladies!!!
    I'm 5'11.5 and 48 years old. I am currently 249 pounds. My current goal is to hit "onederland" by my birthday at the end of September. My ultimate goal weight is 170. (at this point) I would love to add friends with similar stats so we can track each other's progress and stay motivated. Please feel free to add me!
  • AnneeeLicious
    AnneeeLicious Posts: 14 Member
    I'm 5'11 and was between 150 and 160 at the time of my current profile picture :) I'm guessing more towards the 160 side, don't really remember when the picture was taken.
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    I'm 5'10 and right now I'm sitting at around 175lbs. I would like to be 140.
  • fpelletier
    fpelletier Posts: 365 Member
    Bumping! I have a before & current picture now in my profile, it shows about 65lb difference, that took 1 year to get :) I just celebrated my 1 yr MFP anniversary on May 6th :)
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    I highly recommend checking out http://www.mybodygallery.com/ . You search based on height and weight and it shows you a variety of women who are also that height and weight.
  • JulieE1002
    JulieE1002 Posts: 162 Member
    http://i1370.photobucket.com/albums/ag280/ellisjulie04/Beforeandafter2_zps67ebcddf.jpg

I am 5'11" and started at 210 (actually more but I won't admit to it). The photo above is 10 lbs heaver than I am today. This morning I weighed in at 163 - 3 pounds away from my initial goal weight. I no longer care much what the scale says - I just want to be as fit as I can be!
  • JulieE1002
    JulieE1002 Posts: 162 Member
    Beforeandafter2_zps67ebcddf.jpg

Let's try this!
  • mandybear014
    mandybear014 Posts: 209 Member
    I'm so happy I found this thread! I am 6'0 tall, my heaviest was 215, I am now at 197. My current goal is set to 185 but overall I would like to be 170-175. I never liked the way I looked when I was in the 130-160s. Too skinny for me. Hopefully I'll have some pictures posted soon. :-)
  • the_summer_belle
    the_summer_belle Posts: 353 Member
    '511 and I deal in kilos but I looked up the pounds and 140 pounds is 63 kilos which is perfectly doable and acceptable for someone who is that tall. I used to be 63kgs (140 pounds) and that was working out 4 days a week, and was def not underweight anything less than 58kgs (130 pounds) for that height is considered underweight on the BMI scale.

So here is my advice keep going at loosing weight but add in weights if you have not already so when you hit 140 pounds you wont look weak and too skinny you'll be strong and lean. Also muscle weighs more than fat so you might end up being 150 pounds but look like your 135 pounds.

Right now im 67 kgs (147 pounds) and I want to get to 63kgs and im going to ramp it up in the weights department as when I was 63 before i looked amazingly skinny but lost muscle due to too much cardio and the weight was to oeasy to put back on.
    So that's what i think anyways I think if you have strong muscles its harder to put the weight back on and you'll look healthier, So
    just keep going and see where your body takes you. Also Ive seen girls the same height as meat 60 kgs and they are ripped look really strong and fit and ive seen girls the same height weighing 5kgs more looking just as hot, ripped and lean. It really depends on how you body reacts to it all.
  • Hikaru001
    Hikaru001 Posts: 52
    This is a great topic! Really interesting to see the other tall ladies and their goals. I currently weigh 190 (around 200 in my profile pic). My goal from the moment I stated has always been 180. Now as I'm getting close to it I need to think about if I'll stay there or continue.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!