Low calorie BACON!?!?!

Options
13»

Replies

• PurpleCupcakes01
    Options
    I buy chicken bacon, I know not technically bacon but I cant tell the difference in taste and low in calories.

Chicken bacon!!???!!! Nah, no thanks
  • tracydr
    tracydr Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I tasted that stuff at my parent's. I'd rather go without. I use Canadian bacon for less calories or just eat the calories with real bacon.
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    Options
    I am making bacon in the form of the Cowboys star; it is double smoked...any takers?

772645.gif

I know....I know......*muah*
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    I am making bacon in the form of the Cowboys star; it is double smoked...any takers?

772645.gif

I know....I know......*muah*

cm-39268-050cb463153f8a.jpeg
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Okay, I feel like I was the only one that did not know this...

The precooked bacon that you find in the stores are very low in calories!!! The Great Value brand runs 60 calories for 3 pieces. The pieces seemed a little short, so I went with the Farmland brand at 90 calories for 4 pieces.

So was anyone else in the dark about this marvelous discovery???

This got me geared up for a super delicious BLT...

270 calories for a very large BLT sandwich that has plenty of bacon for me and was more than enough for a dinner portion. I placed mine on my panini press set to max heat setting for a few seconds to get it slightly "toasted".

90 calories - Flat out flatbread (improved original)
    90 calories - 4 slices bacon
    20 cals - tomato
    10 cals - lots of shredded lettuce
    60 cals - 2 packets Hellman's Light Mayo
    pepper to taste

you can save yourself even more calories by replacing the Mayo with yogurt dip or sieved greek yogurt. 2 tbsp. about 25-35 cal
    I have bacon-2 strip for breakfast about 5 days a week with coffee and skim milk. So satisfying
  • jymmeh
    jymmeh Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    We get the: Bacon - Hormel Fully Cooked - Sams Club

4 slices for 70 calories.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    this is a crazy thread, i don't even know where to look first.

ckn bacon
    trky bacon
    ready bacon
    real bacon
    thick bacon
    endscutoffbacon

just eat your bacon already and don't worry bout the cals no matter which one you're getting they all should fit nicely up all your macros.
  • lsorci919
    lsorci919 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    In for bacon!

I only recently found out about butterball turkey bacon.... was shocked when I tasted it and it was actually good!
  • novaman1
    novaman1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am new to site. I have a question? I am looking for recipes I can only find a place to put my recipes. I guess I am missing something.. any help would be appreciated. Smile.:
  • SoLongAndThanksForAllTheFish
    Options
    Get Hempler's thick center cut peppered bacon (or not peppered if you dont like pepper), the bacon is so good, 2 slices are 90 cals, but its thick and meaty and 4 slices are more filling than 6 or more of most brands, good on protein too. Plus I don't get that "bacon haziness" I get with some other brands when I eat a lot of it, and the cost is not much more than other brands in my grocery store. No antibotic/hormone fed pigs, no MSG added. It has nitrates but "no nitrates" really doesn't mean there are no nitrates in "no nitrate" bacon (they just add the celery powder and let bacteria act on it to create nitrates).