If you won the lottery, what would you do?

Options

Replies

• martinel2099
    martinel2099 Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    Disappear for about 2-3 years then go crazy traveling. A different city every night sounds kind of tempting :)
  • surfinbird_1981
    surfinbird_1981 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Move to england....LOL

:flowerforyou: It's nice here.
  • RobynSmithIBECHS
    RobynSmithIBECHS Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Currently the NC Powerball is worth 90,000,000. If you get 60,000,000 out of that I would spend

10% (6,000,000) to various charities.
    50% (27,000,000) of remaining into savings
    06% (1,620,000) toward housing for myself, my brother, my parents, and my grandmother
    02% (507,600) toward a trip around the world (tickets, souvenirs and lodging)
    06% (14,772,405.6) toward building a no kill animal shelter
    Remaining (10,099,994.4) is for spending/ fun stuff .

That is how I would spend lottery money.
  • Jenni129
    Jenni129 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    Call my lawyer and set up a secret will immediately. Designate trust funds. Hide out for a year or two and travel the world. Sell my house and buy acreage. Volunteer my time with the elderly and children.

Editing to say I would have more kids, too.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Keep it on the down low as much as possible. Stop working at my current job and start thinking about starting a business or nonprofit...but for a couple of years I'd just travel with my husband and enjoy life.
  • 1911JR
    1911JR Posts: 276
    Options
    Same thing as I do everyday now. Yes, my life is that awesome!
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    Move to england....LOL

:flowerforyou: It's nice here.

The scenery is sure seductive.
  • twiggypal
    twiggypal Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Englands where its at
  • JBfoodforlife
    JBfoodforlife Posts: 1,371 Member
    Options
    This... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Percy_Ross

Anyone who can remember who Percy Ross was... I am content living a modest life... I love my job and wouldnt quit as it would afford me more opportunities to find people to help... Genuine people who are struggling, not the ones who struggle because they try to live beyond their means... Nothing more satisfying than helping and changing someone's life for the better...
  • PixieGoddess
    PixieGoddess Posts: 1,833 Member
    Options
    Pay off my debt and hopefully be able to quit my job b/c I hate it.
  • EmmieBaby
    EmmieBaby Posts: 1,235 Member
    Options
    open up a cosplay supply store/workshop
  • stacshelb
    stacshelb Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    buy a mansion on the beach in Hawaii
  • Pirate_chick
    Pirate_chick Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Pay off my mother's house, bills, etc. Buy my mom and dad their dream cars. Pay off my student loans, house, get my dream car. Send my cousin to flight school, pay off my cousins' houses, and set up college trusts for all the kids in the family so they will never have the burden of a student loan.
  • MelisMusing
    MelisMusing Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Start up a npn-profit call Shelter Angels. I'd set up programs to help animal/womens/homeless organizations fund raise, earn money, and set up outreach programs.

I'd also take care of my fam and do some traveling. :)
  • 1HappyTurtleRunner
    1HappyTurtleRunner Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Buy a block on the waterfront in the Bahamas
  • SemperAnticus1643
    SemperAnticus1643 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    How much did I win? That would determine what I would do with it. But the initial thing would be to pay off all my debt and have money to sit for the CPA exam and possibly start my own firm. Depending on what I won, I would probably build a house with my boyfriend back home since he's got 25 acres already, set my dad up real nice on some land close by where he won't have to work again unless he wanted to and coast from there. I say coast because I would continue to work. Probably have my dad work for me since he can't be part owner since he wouldn't be licensed.

MAYBE let the boyfriend retire from the oilfield and train horses...I did say MAYBE. I kinda like the oilfield smell.
  • SrJoben
    SrJoben Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Be really confused about how I'd won without ever buying a ticket.
  • RinnyLush
    RinnyLush Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I would pay off any debts for my immediate family members and closest friends, buy a house, take a vacation, donate a large portion to charity, and start saving for my (future) children. I definitely wouldn't be buying anything flashy or wild. I live a pretty modest life, and I'd like to keep it that way. :smile:
  • spsanderson
    spsanderson Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Deposit into a Trust, pay off debts and disappear to an island somewhere, where all I needed to do was sit by a fire on the beach, fish and read.
  • angf0679
    angf0679 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Pay off my student loans
    Then I would buy a car and a house (in that order)

- All of which would be very hard to do seeing how I don't actually buy a lottery tickets!