Name 3 awesome things that happened since you started MFP

Options

Replies

• odddrums
    odddrums Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    1) I've gotten fitter and stronger than I've ever been in my life [I can do a pull up!]
    2) I've realized how much food I actually eat and now have a much better idea of how much food I can and should eat.
    3) I've finally fit into these 4 pairs of nice pants I bought in 2008 that literally never fit me, but I couldn't seem to give away for whatever reason.
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    Only 3? Where do I start....
    1. I feel better than I have in 8 years.
    2. My chronic pain is not as debilitating
    3. I am so much more optimistic and happy about my future
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    1) I've met a community of people who provide me guidance and encouragement regarding my fitness goals;
    2) I've had the courage to try new activities like pole dancing and CrossFit; and
    3) I've been successfully in recovery for Binge Eating Disorder for nearly a year. I count when it works for me; I don't count when it doesn't. Connecting with other folks in eating disorder recovery has really helped!
  • LVCeltGirl
    LVCeltGirl Posts: 473
    Options
    Just 3 is going to be difficult....

1) I've gotten too small for my fat clothes.
    2) I've learned correct portion sizes and even when I relaxed on my regimen, I naturally ate at maintenance (3 to 4 lbs gained at most over the past month, already back on the "wagon" for deficit and losing it slowly).
    3) Feel that Ex-Husband is noticing how great I look without him in my life daily (I've lost over 50 lbs since he walked out. He sees me each weekend when we exchange our son).

I know that #3 is actually the gaining of my own self-confidence and the glow of "I can do this" for achieving my goal but I like the fact that there is even a touch of regret for walking out by the ex. Especially since I feel so much better about myself (again due to less weight, both physical and mental) that the door is firmly closed to him ever coming back.
  • cggrlsteph
    cggrlsteph Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I forgot... I have to add a #4...
    I can cross my legs like a lady lol instead of crossing my ankles... I realized this at work the other day...
  • bizgirl26
    bizgirl26 Posts: 1,808 Member
    Options
    1) I was able to stop taking my acid reflux pills due to my healthier eating
    2) I can do more activity without getting out of breath
    3) I dont have to worry if the largest size will fit me
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    I revealed some muscle
    I got strong
    I met some cool people and got rid of dead weight
  • 170oakst
    170oakst Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thyroid medication has decreased.
    More physically active.
    Stop emotional eating.
  • emily_whitworth
    emily_whitworth Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    1) Went from size 12 to size 6.
    2) Entirely different outlook on health and life.
    3) An ability for self-control I never had before.
  • DanNight
    DanNight Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    1. I've lost 41 lbs since August of 2013 (I have about 25 lbs to go).
    2. My pant size went from tight 38 to 34
    3. Getting my friends and family involved in weight loss (Wife - down 70 lbs, mother in law - down 85 lbs, father in law - down 55 lbs, various friends - down an average of 15 lbs)
  • JoeMO
    JoeMO Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    1. Clothes are fitting better
    2. I pursue exercise instead of avoiding it
    3. Have a nice supportive group of friends on MFP

just to add, I'm looking forward to

1. Fitting into clothes I haven't worn in years
    2. Hiking some longer trails in our National Parks - Highline in Glacier, Rim to Rim in Grand Canyon, Lake Solitude in Grand Tetons.
    3. Hopefully getting rid of my CPap. Not sure that's even possible, but I'm hoping.

I actually read all three pages on here and for those of you off your meds, that is freaking awesome!!!

Joe
  • kwantlen2051
    kwantlen2051 Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    Thank you for this post to remind me to count my blessings!:

1. went 2 dress sizes down
    2. Less congestion and allergies and joint pain
    3. More control over what I eat!
  • lavaughan69
    lavaughan69 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I lost 52lbs
    I'm sexy as hell
    I love me now
  • Belleartist
    Belleartist Posts: 40
    Options
    1) I was able to complete the 30 day shred
    2) I dropped a jean size and my new jeans are already starting to get loose
    3) Stopped with the boredom eating
  • postrockandcats
    postrockandcats Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    1) I can kneel without hurting.
    2) I don't have food guilt.
    3) I feel really good about myself. :)
  • 2dare2dream
    2dare2dream Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    1} Dress size down from uk 30 to uk 18
    2) I can walk for miles and enjoy it.
    3) I have a level of accountability here that fits my lifestyle
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    1. I can sleep like a normal person, thanks to regular exercise
    2. I learned that I can lose or maintain without starving myself or cutting out food items/groups (hence live this way forever)
    3. My body can do things I never thought possible, and my mind has realized it and stopped holding me back
  • winyin
    winyin Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I have finally lost that pesky 10 lbs I've been trying to lose for the last 2 yrs. I hit my goal weight. YEA
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I forgot... I have to add a #4...
    I can cross my legs like a lady lol instead of crossing my ankles... I realized this at work the other day...

This is a great one my mom brought it to my attention...I haven't been my current size since I was about 14, and I was kind of a rough and tumble teenager so the past few months has been my first time ever to have neatly crossed legs all lady-style and I'm 37!?

I also love being able to cross my legs under my desk at work. A lot of my previous jobs, when I was much larger I could barely even fit my legs under the desk comfortably -- much less cross 'em!

So many weird little victories along the way!
  • midnightjogger
    midnightjogger Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    1) Going from a size 22 down to a size 16
    2) More energy
    3) More flexibility
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!