What do you do on your rest days?

Options
Pretty much what the title asks =P Do you actually "rest" and not do anything? Or do something light??

Replies

• YvonneBerdkan
    YvonneBerdkan Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    On my rest days I try to get in at least a half hour to forty minute walk, not a power walk or anything just a nice leisurely walk! I just skip the exercise tapes on my rest day! How many rest days do you guys take a week? I take every Sunday!
  • WonderWoman_5
    WonderWoman_5 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Rest and recover. Learned my lesson about not resting, having you body shut down on you is something you do not want to experience!:indifferent: :indifferent: :indifferent: :indifferent: :indifferent:
  • Kassidi21
    Kassidi21 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I have a rest day every other day! I started a weightlifting program that "requires" it and am also using the Zombies! run app that also says to take a day off between runs =P
  • vismal
    vismal Posts: 2,463 Member
    Options
    Me on my rest days BardockHealing.jpg

I will usually go for a walk or do daily chores like lawn work, house work, etc. But if it's a rest day you really should rest!
  • miss_beke
    miss_beke Posts: 42
    Options
    I do strength training about 4 times a week so in between I'll rest with cardio either walking or go on my stationary bike for 30-minutes and just taking it easyy.
  • Kassidi21
    Options
    Me on my rest days BardockHealing.jpg

I will usually go for a walk or do daily chores like lawn work, house work, etc. But if it's a rest day you really should rest!

This is the best!!! =D
  • shmerek
    shmerek Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I feel guilty that I am not exercising.
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    Squats.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    foam roll
  • Kassidi21
    Options
    foam roll

I'm not sure what a foam roll is??
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    foam roll

http://www.artofmanliness.com/2013/06/13/trigger-point-release/

header1.jpg
  • rm33064
    rm33064 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I walk everyday rain or shine,no rest days for me. You can walk on your rest day if you like. Core and calves can also be worked every day if you wanna. I suppose you're not really resting if you do any exercise though...
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Yoga and take the dog for a long leisurely walk.
  • biddy249
    biddy249 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I rest and recover from 6 days of working out hard and cardio. I take Sunday as a rest day and sometimes go for a walk or work in the yard but no focused planned workout. My body needs the day to recover and get ready for the new week.
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    foam roll

http://www.artofmanliness.com/2013/06/13/trigger-point-release/

header1.jpg

LOL, I have that exact foam roller, and I hate it with the passion of a thousand suns!
  • alpacalypsia
    alpacalypsia Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    If it's not raining, I go on a brisk stroll around campus and enjoy the fresh air. It gets my heart rate pumping a bit, but not to the extent that a full-on workout would. I also get to greet and pet the dogs that somehow are always getting walked when I go for a walk! :happy:

But if the weather is too miserable for me to venture outdoors, I'll sit on my butt all day. :laugh:
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    REST!!!! No gym or fitness classes. I workout 5 days a week so by the weekend I am done, and my not –so- young- any-more- body, needs the rest.

I may do garden work, house work, or sometimes take a leisure walk. That's it!
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    I rest, no exercise. Relax and recover, or it is no longer considered a rest day :)
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    Take a 4 mile leisurely walk.