I'm not against plastic surgery, but................

Options

Replies

• 347Gigi
    347Gigi Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Hmmmmm . . . cut off toe, get wider shoes . . . get wider shoes, cut off toe.

That's a tough one. *rolls eyes*

This ^ And I love wearing heels.
  • fitmomhappymom
    fitmomhappymom Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    If she had to have her pinky to altered to wear heels then perhaps there was something defective about her pinky toe in the first place? Because most women can wear heels just fine sans surgery.
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    I've met many, many older women who have had a toe removed so that they can wear shoes in a narrow size. I sold designer, high end shoes for a very long time, and those women who modify to fit a wrong size are crazy because shoes never fit right again, and you can forget strappy heels and sandals forever.

Nobody needs to have a toe removed to wear designer shoes. They just need to wear the right size and stop cramming their feet into the wrong size until they get hammer toes and bunions and the bone spur on the side of the pinky.

I've seen some of the most gnarly feet a person can imagine. I would never do this in a million years.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,529 Member
    Options
    :noway:

She had her pinky toe cut off?!?!
    Going by word of mouth doesn't mean fact...
    And who really gives an eff that someone had plastic surgery done?
    Again, not against plastic surgery. I can totally see boobs, facelift, tummy tuck, skin removal, reconstruction, etc., but to lop a toe off (if that's what she did) to wear shoes? That takes some kind of commitment to wanting to wear heels all the time.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    If she had to have her pinky to altered to wear heels then perhaps there was something defective about her pinky toe in the first place? Because most women can wear heels just fine sans surgery.

Yes, I was wondering if it was an orthopedic issue. Maybe she was born with six toes on each foot.
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    Darwinism at its finest
  • CassandraBurgos83
    CassandraBurgos83 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Maybe I am crazy, but wouldn't that potentially alter her balance...especially if she may have made herself top heavy??
    Just a curious thought
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,529 Member
    Options
    I have never heard about this until now. Wow.
    It's been going on for awhile, but it now gaining more popularity.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/04/24/fashion/foot-surgeries-so-women-can-wear-designer-shoes-in-comfort.html

IDEA Fitness member
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • katro111
    katro111 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    The only reason I would EVER consider having my pinky toes amputated would be because I am clumsy and stub them/smash them into things/break them a lot and you can't do a damn thing about a broken pinky toe but maybe buddy tape it and leave it alone. For cosmetic reasons though? NOPE.
  • Derp_Diggler
    Derp_Diggler Posts: 1,456 Member
    Options
    Darwinism at its finest

I had no idea Darwin had a foot fetish.

The more you know....
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    I have never heard about this until now. Wow.
    It's been going on for awhile, but it now gaining more popularity.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/04/24/fashion/foot-surgeries-so-women-can-wear-designer-shoes-in-comfort.html

IDEA Fitness member

I will have to check out that link. Thanks!
  • OceanDiverGirl
    Options
    I don't understand it at all. It's like Lotus Feet Binding in ancient China.
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't have it done. But I also don't care what other people do with their bodies. You know, 'cause it's none of my business.

tumblr_mbwftinYf21rtqu8y.gif
  • angf0679
    angf0679 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Absolutely not! I have no issues with wearing heels. I am also perfectly fine with the body parts I have. I might not like some things, but I would never have plastic surgery to change them.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    Maybe I am crazy, but wouldn't that potentially alter her balance...especially if she may have made herself top heavy??
    Just a curious thought

suddenly Wobble started playing in my head....
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    Can this even be for real? What happened to the whole "First do no harm" thing? There isn't even an aesthetic reason for this.
  • George_Baileys_Ghost
    George_Baileys_Ghost Posts: 1,524 Member
    Options
    Darwinism at its finest

I had no idea Darwin had a foot fetish.

The more you know....

His earliest copy of OTOS did have some overly-detailed flipper sketches...just sayin.
  • Monkey_Business
    Monkey_Business Posts: 1,800 Member
    Options
    I've met many, many older women who have had a toe removed so that they can wear shoes in a narrow size. I sold designer, high end shoes for a very long time, and those women who modify to fit a wrong size are crazy because shoes never fit right again, and you can forget strappy heels and sandals forever.

Nobody needs to have a toe removed to wear designer shoes. They just need to wear the right size and stop cramming their feet into the wrong size until they get hammer toes and bunions and the bone spur on the side of the pinky.

I've seen some of the most gnarly feet a person can imagine. I would never do this in a million years.

Bless you! I could never work in an area that dealt wiht gnarly, ginger root, mandrake feet.

And would I have surgery to fit into designer heels NO (cause I do not wear heels ever ;-)
  • kikityme
    kikityme Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    My heels are the only part of my body not covered in fat.

NOBODY is touching my heels!
  • Slacker16
    Slacker16 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    The eldest went to her room to try on the shoe, and her mother
    stood by. But she could not get her great toe into it, for the shoe
    was too small; then her mother handed her a knife, and said, “Cut
    the toe off, for when you are Queen you will never have to go on
    foot.”

So the girl cut her toe off, squeezed her foot into the shoe,
    concealed the pain, and went down to the Prince. Then he took her
    with him on his horse as his bride, and rode off.

They had to pass by the grave, and there sat the two pigeons on the hazel bush,
    and cried, “There they go, there they go! There is blood on her shoe;
    The shoe is too small, Not the right bride at all!”